• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor Ragnaok adds Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban, confirms character roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Two-time Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine,” “Carol, “Cinderella”) joins Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (the upcoming “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Jurassic Park”) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (“Creed,” “Selma”) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (“Star Trek” trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203...ighly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok#ixzz49DkA8xap

573f502b0fd8c.jpg

And yes, I misspelled Ragnarok, can a mod fix that please?

WHOA! I'm just.. speechless, I have no idea who they could possibly play.

Hmm, Goldblum as Grandmaster would be interesting.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just threw out Grandmaster as a random guess! Didn't realize THAT'S who he's playing!

Sheroking

That's quite a (new) supporting cast.

I know Marvel wants Ragnarok to be what Winter Soldier was for Captain America. I don't think they're happy with how the Thor movies are perceived.

Davey Cakes

What. That cast is too good for this.
Maybe the movie will finally be good enough for its cast. Once can hope.

After liking (but not loving) Thor and falling asleep during Thor 2, I'm ready for this next one to knock it out of the park. They need to pull a Captain America and double the quality.

guek

Banned

I know Marvel wants Ragnarok to be what Winter Soldier was for Captain America. I don't think they're happy with how the Thor movies are perceived.

Yeah, they've been very honest about that. No shitty "it is what it is" attitudes here.

I remember a post in the Civil War thread about how they made Odin uninteresting, and frankly, I feel like they did that for everybody in Asgard.

Magic, science, whatever, these are GODS. We should be in awe of what we see and want to see more! The casting and character choices alone make me excited for Ragnarok.

Seriously, Skurge holding the line at Gjallerbru... Are we going to see that?!

number11

Wow. Marvel has always been great with casting. But with this and Doctor Strange, they've taken it to the next level.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
What?

CqX9bPe.gif

Damn. Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and now Jeff Goldblum with Karl Urban attached to Ragnarok? (I think there was someone else I missed? )
This movie is shaping up great.

kris.

Banned
hot damn i like this. i like this so much. this is gonna be a legitimately great thor movie.

What?

CqX9bPe.gif

Damn. Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and now Jeff Goldblum with Karl Urban? (I think there was someone else I missed? )
This movie is shaping up great.

Taika Waititi directing. dude made What We Do In The Shadows which was the secret best movie of 2015 plus he worked on Flight of the Conchords and a couple of critically acclaimed films i haven't seen yet. fuck it i'm hyped as hell.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First confirmation of Hela, right?

Valkyrie and Grandmaster confirmed too, damn, this movie is going to be interesting for sure.

massoluk

Banned
Seriously, which awkward eccentric mad scientist is he playing?

It would fit, coming right after Michael Douglas playing rich successful snob, lol. May be Sean Bean playing an "already dead" badass next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom