• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Weapon may as well been deleted

It's a hard weapon to balance. One shot kill makes it too good, needing at least a 2nd shot with its ROF makes it seem useless now. If you don't headshot a decent phase shift pilot then they're getting away as soon as they see red.

They may have to consider speeding the ROF in the future or they might as well delete it I guess. But yeah, as soon as that update happens I'm dropping the Hemlok from my weapon rotation lol.

Its a precision weapon, so you should be precise...

Dear Scorch and Legion users,

What's useful about Nuke Eject on open areas for ogres like you?

Dont use Nuke Eject

Dash + Extended Flame Shield
Dash + Hidden Compartment

Gator86

It's a hard weapon to balance. One shot kill makes it too good, needing at least a 2nd shot with its ROF makes it seem useless now. If you don't headshot a decent phase shift pilot then they're getting away as soon as they see red.

They may have to consider speeding the ROF in the future or they might as well delete it I guess. But yeah, as soon as that update happens I'm dropping the Hemlok from my weapon rotation lol.

It's still a low recoil, high damage weapon that will kill on a headshot or two body shots. That's not terrible. It just won't instantly delete people like it currently does.

Once the patch hits, people who aren't actually good at the game, but stay afloat with hemlok/devotion, tone, and nuke are gonna struggle.

Playing on +100 ping is severely frustrating, just..... no, why get good at the game when I can just chain Ronin nukes easier than making cereal?

Dont use Nuke Eject

Dash + Extended Flame Shield
Dash + Hidden Compartment

I know that, I was asking the people who actually use something like Nuke Eject and Lightweight Alloy on Legion

Gator86

Playing on +100 ping is severely frustrating, just..... no, why get good at the game when I can just chain Ronin nukes easier than making cereal?

I know that, I was asking the people who actually use something like Nuke Eject and Lightweight Alloy on Legion

67b.jpg

Alx

Having played mostly with Scorch recently, I'm still surprised at players who consistentlly fall for the flame shield. I can understand with Legion which cannot run away, but even titans like Ronin stay in close range and get burnt to death. When I'm playing Ronin myself Scorch isn't really an issue, you can dash away from its attacks/shield and wait for an opening to shoot it, or just run circles around it.

Respawn,
Whats the likelihood of these getting added or addressed?

Blacklist feature - I never want to play Crash Site or Complex again
Side and top shots getting sucked in or destroyed by Ion's and Scorch's shields
Pilot turrets tracking through walls
Northstar - Faster (hitscan?) projectiles with fully charged shots and a better defense ability
Increasing the base speed and Dash recharge rate for all Titans

Danke

Donos

Good night sweet prince (going to stick to it like i did with Model 10 A after nerf in BF1 :)
Only other weapon which would interest me atm would be the G2.

Having played mostly with Scorch recently, I'm still surprised at players who consistentlly fall for the flame shield. I can understand with Legion which cannot run away, but even titans like Ronin stay in close range and get burnt to death. When I'm playing Ronin myself Scorch isn't really an issue, you can dash away from its attacks/shield and wait for an opening to shoot it, or just run circles around it.

Most ppl are confused of / not accustomed to Titans (which are not Ronin) getting close. I play Tone but when facing a Tone and they use the PWall, i dash forward through it instead of hammering the PWall or going away. That throws them off most of the time.

So many Scorch players are keeping their distance. You can spot the good ones easily when your tv is orange/red because their flame shield is already in your face :)

Greddleok

Man I had a game last night where I was phase dashing behind a tone, he'd run out from the wall and I'd just stay there shooting my shotgun at him.

Just stole that particle wall until my PD was back off CD and went after him again.

I also really like the G2, but not over SMGs. It makes me play too static. I tend to set up, get a few kills, then move somewhere else and kill the people who are now out to get me. Rinse and repeat.
The constant moment with SMGs just makes them feel great, but it's nice to switch things up once in a while.

Alx

So many Scorch players are keeping their distance. You can spot the good ones easily when your tv is orange/red because their flame shield is already in your face :)

Here's how I feel when playing Scorch against a naive titan :
873.gif

:D

Greddleok

lol

I should play some more Scorch. I got Scorch to G3 before using any other titan, but I want to get Ronin to 10 before I stop using him.

I barely use any other titan other than Scorch. I love the fear from players who are in their titans and don't see you sneak up on them with your heat shield :D

Greddleok

I just don't like how fire damages yourself. It's like...ok I set up a choke point, and now I'm stuck too, but my long range weapons are crap compared to everyone else.

I just don't like how fire damages yourself. It's like...ok I set up a choke point, and now I'm stuck too, but my long range weapons are crap compared to everyone else.

If you engulf the entrance to a lane with incendiary trap you are pretty much safe from all ranged damage anyways.

Greddleok

Is it that much of a reward? You do decent damage, then some Ronin comes in walks all over your fire and executes a bunch of titans for free kills.

Gator86

Cool! PLEASE let it be double XP!

That would be terrific. I'd be able to hit 10.49 this weekend then. I wish the Live Fire update had come out before Horizon, the deluge of games to follow, start dropping. My playtime is gonna plummet once the other big hitters drop.

bigJP

as an major scorch user, i wouldnt say i have much of an issue. when setting up my choke points, i rarely want to or need to go through. the point being is to keep other titans away from or force them into my flame shield. also when using a flame wall, try to keep it on the side of a pathway/angle it away from you so you can charge in.

Is it that much of a reward? You do decent damage, then some Ronin comes in walks all over your fire and executes a bunch of titans for free kills.

Then the Ronin eats a full flame shield to the face. Scorch plays like a Titan sized particle wall, you set up the fire and stay there, and punish anyone who dares to go through it.

Woetyler

So I know that live fire is coming out soon, but any news on new guns? It's not that i'm bored of the weapons we already have, I would just like some variety.

Donos

Especially a new Anti Titan weapon (for rather close titan combat) would be nice. Shame that half of the weapons are useless (grenade throwers, snipers).

Greddleok

What are you using currently?

I feel like pretty much all the SMGs are viable, except for Volt. Assault rifles I just like the G9, flatline is still good as is the basic one (R something, I never use it so I forget) is decent.

Never really touch LMGs or grenade launchers so...

Opps, I totally misread what you said.

Woetyler

What are you using currently?

I feel like pretty much all the SMGs are viable, except for Volt. Assault rifles I just like the G9, flatline is still good as is the basic one (R something, I never use it so I forget) is decent.

Never really touch LMGs or grenade launchers so...

Opps, I totally misread what you said.

Try out the LMGs man. I never used them until recently, turns out they're really viable.

Gator86

I meant the Ronin on my team 😐 getting free kills from my hard work!

Ronin are such goddamn kill vultures. They always swoop in for an execution on that titan you've been widling down from full health since their dome fell.

So I know that live fire is coming out soon, but any news on new guns? It's not that i'm bored of the weapons we already have, I would just like some variety.

Just use different stuff. That sounds sarcastic, but almost everything is viable and pretty good, on console, at least. If you're using mainly SMGs, try an AR. Using mainly ARs, try the Eva-8. I went from using mainly ARs to using the Eva and it completely refreshed the entire experience for me. Been playing as much as launch recently.

Lmao fuck off: devotion, hemlok
Where people are going to go once the lmao fuck off guns are nerfed: g2
Don't use these: anything in the sniper category, mastiff
Great!: everything else

Greddleok

I've messed around with LMGs but I don't like them. They feel weird to me. SMGs are by far the most fun.

I should give EVA a go. Not used it enough.

Especially a new Anti Titan weapon (for rather close titan combat) would be nice. Shame that half of the weapons are useless (grenade throwers, snipers).

You clearly haven't seen how much carnage the softball and EPG can do in the right hands. And the Sidewinder is a ridiculous weapon in LTS.

jm89

Why reduce the range damage of the hemlok? It's useless at close range, only thing it has going for it is the mid/long range. I think the one shot body kill nerf would have been enough. Burst weapons really need higher damage at longer ranges or else it just isn't worth the risk using it, make a mistake on a burst and it's harder to recover than with an auto.

Gator86

Why reduce the range damage of the hemlok? It's useless at close range, only thing it has going for it is the mid/long range. I think the one shot body kill nerf would have been enough. Burst weapons really need higher damage at longer ranges or else it just isn't worth the risk using it, make a mistake on a burst and it's harder to recover than with an auto.

It's fine at relatively short range though. Its TTK at close range wrecks everything else because of the one burst kills.

It has basically no recoil and a fast fire rate. Currently, the hemlok and devotion and too oppressive. Not only are they absurdly easy to use while totally outclassing other weapons, they deform the gameplay. Angel City is almost entirely people camping on rooftops with one of those two weapons, waiting to pick off anyone dumb enough to actually move. Even if those guns weren't just stat boosters, they should be brought in to encourage more movement and dynamism. If someone can't land a second shot on someone across the map with a relatively high RoF, low recoil gun with that much aim assist, I'm not sure they deserve that kill.

Gator86

AND DOUBLE XP WEEKEND THURSDAY THROUGH MONDAY, THE HYPE LEVELS ARE OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I'm pretty goddamn hype. Patch notes look great and double xp. Gonna hit max level in no time feeding on these devotion/hemlok/tone crutch kids.

grendelrt

Moved to g10.50 according to Respawn. Stoic black and such should be available tomorrow.

I kinda feel like this is an indicator they arent going to support the game the way they originally thought. I totally expected the last 5 levels to unlock through challenges or new content later.

Gator86

I kinda feel like this is an indicator they arent going to support the game the way they originally thought. I totally expected the last 5 levels to unlock through challenges or new content later.

Yeah, I haven't really understood their strategy at any point with this game. They claim the entire TF2 team is still on the game and no one has moved to any other project. Cool, so we're nearing half a year out from release and all they've put together is a part-time mode leveraging the lowest population modes, some quality of life tweaks, and two maps torn pixel for pixel from the first game? They can't have the entire team plugging away on just that. They should talk about what they're thinking about. A roadmap is still really important! I feel like people being disappointed about something not coming to fruition is less negative than the assumptions that the game is abandoned so they can put more people on Star Wars.

dankir

Finally getting Hemlok nerfs and Swolbro is no where to be found.

Pretty excitd about Live Fire mode, want to get back into TF2.

I'm a PvP kind of guy but I'm not too excited about Live Fire. I'm not a fan of the mode being 1 death and round based. I just want a non stop murder fest where we can respawn and just keep going after each other quickly. My hope is that in the future they'll open up the 2 Live Fire maps to PvP.

Top Bottom