• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

grendelrt

I'm a PvP kind of guy but I'm not too excited about Live Fire. I'm not a fan of the mode being 1 death and round based. I just want a non stop murder fest where we can respawn and just keep going after each other. My hope is that in the future they'll open up the 2 Live Fire modes to PvP.

Im looking forward to a mode with no respawning, the gloriousness of the original Gears comes to mind. Nothing like being down people and coming back for that epic win, but Gears didnt have such quick TTK so who knows how this will play out ahhaha.

Donos

New players already pouring in?
FvDeBq8.jpg
Their fifth player left early with 2 kills.. . The bounty hunt round after this wasn't pretty too. Needed a sign for my team: "please kills grunts and bounties*

Eusis

May as well drag this over:

OT2 is here
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1324885

But no I wouldn't recommend it

The Chrome Warpaints are nice but cant be applied to Prime Titans (I don't think I would have bothered had I known)
The Nosearts included aren't great
The Wingman Elite isn't great

Prime Titans included are nice but can be purchased separately
Alright, thanks for that. I'll definitely think about the standard edition then, SP campaign sounds great and I did renew Plus so I may as well get more mileage out of it. But the Switch is a top priority when it comes to gaming stuff so I'll see if I can still squeeze this in or if I'll just wait.

Film Grain slider finally getting added, the thing we've all been waiting for

For real though, Live Fire will probably at least be interesting to me since I've enjoyed pure Pilot combat more.

I tried it after the patch and while it's neat, constantly losing engagements at range was just annoying as hell. I guess you really need to run phase shift with it to make it work.

I don't use phase-shift (actually a good idea tho for the build, now that I think about it), but instead, just avoid prolonged moments of being outdoors, especially at range.
Honestly, at this point, it's the only way to make the SMG/Mid-Range game work in TF2 as yeah, you're gonna get hammered out in the open.

So yeah, lots of flanking, listening for players giving away their positions and general guerrilla tactics.

It really is a fun build tho :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't use phase-shift (actually a good idea tho for the build, now that I think about it), but instead, just avoid prolonged moments of being outdoors, especially at range.
Honestly, at this point, it's the only way to make the SMG/Mid-Range game work in TF2 as yeah, you're gonna get hammered out in the open.

So yeah, lots of flanking, listening for players giving away their positions and general guerrilla tactics.

It really is a fun build tho :)

The problem is just the maps have so many open routes. I suppose this might be where Live Fire shines, because camping would presumably not work like it would on Homestead or even Angel City.

The problem is just the maps have so many open routes. I suppose this might be where Live Fire shines, because camping would presumably not work like it would on Homestead or even Angel City.

Yeah, it's certainly an important thing to know the maps and just outright avoid the more open lanes a lot of the time.
A big trend I see on Attrition with maps like Exo-Planet or Black Water Canal, is players always tend to run straight up the primary lanes when landing...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it's certainly an important thing to know the maps and just outright avoid the more open lanes a lot of the time.
A big trend I see on Attrition with maps like Exo-Planet or Black Water Canal, is players always tend to run straight up the primary lanes when landing...
I kind of hope the Hemlock nerf stick is real. I basically just climb the rooftops on those two maps, and so does everyone else because that's what everyone knows to do now, so it just becomes a sniping match at the beginning of every round. lol

It's why Drydock is my favourite map of the bunch. The corridors along both sides of the map let you get from one side to the other without ever being exposed to sniper fire, and it encourages short/medium range engagements.

I kind of hope the Hemlock nerf stick is real. I basically just climb the rooftops on those two maps, and so does everyone else because that's what everyone knows to do now, so it just becomes a sniping match at the beginning of every round. lol

It's why Drydock is my favourite map of the bunch. The corridors along both sides of the map let you get from one side to the other without ever being exposed to sniper fire, and it encourages short/medium range engagements.

Yup, Drydock never gets old, even if it's not the most artistically appealing for me

The R-97 is one of my favorite guns to use. I love the way it sounds when I'm shredding guys with. But in the end I'll only use it in a few maps. Most of the maps have too many areas where long range engagements are a unavoidable. The ADS sucks on this gun so if you can't hip fire from sniper range then you're screwed.

Funny thing is that this use to be the SMG I never touched while the Volt was by far my most used SMG and weapon overall. I've only had maybe 100 kills with the Volt in my last 5k+ kills since the nerf. I'm still hoping they'll give it a small buff in the future. At least make it equal to the CAR. I don't care if that would practically make them the same gun. I just want to use the Volt again without feeling like I'm handicapping myself.

Greddleok

The R97 has ridiculous range if you tap fire. It only works if the other player doesn't see you though, as practically any other gun will out shoot it in a face off.

Greddleok

The weapon variety is really a testament to the game. I have no gun above G6 because I swap constantly.

I think R97, Hemlock, G2, R207, CAR, Alternator, Volt, Mozambique and Wingman Elite are all G3 or more, most G5 or G6.
I still want to put time into the EVA, but I played through the campaign with the EVA almost exclusively.

The weapon variety is really a testament to the game. I have no gun above G6 because I swap constantly.

I think R97, Hemlock, G2, R207, CAR, Alternator, Volt, Mozambique and Wingman Elite are all G3 or more, most G5 or G6.
I still want to put time into the EVA, but I played through the campaign with the EVA almost exclusively.

Yes!

rizzo0

So normally over the years I have always strived to have at least a 1.0 or higher KD ratio in most shooters. For some reason in TF2 I feel like Neo in the Matrix. In this game I have a 2.5 KD against players. Just curious if thats just ok...good...or great compared to other current players?

Because just when I have a great match, two matches later I will get annihilated by other players lol

Greddleok

What mode do you play the most?

If you're playing attrition/BH then it's decent, but nothing out of the ordinary (at least for Titangaf). If you're playing LTS and PvP or other game modes, then I'd say it's pretty darn good.

rizzo0

What mode do you play the most?

If you're playing attrition/BH then it's decent, but nothing out of the ordinary (at least for Titangaf). If you're playing LTS and PvP or other game modes, then I'd say it's pretty darn good.

Thats what I figured lol Yea I do mostly play Atrittion with friends and some BH mixed. Dont really jump around. Might run some PVP every so often. But I've definitely played against guys that have just left me with my mouth open.

Greddleok

Yeah, I'm a pretty mediocre player and I'm 2.5 too. It's just that the efficiency between someone who is bad, and someone who is OK is huge. So it's easy to get a ton of kills against terrible players in attrition.

jm89

Guys how healthy is this game in the MP department? Does it still have a ton of players on PS4? Thanks.

It's ok, the population hovers between 5k-18k. I can get into a match pretty quick <30 seconds.

I really hope it holds at that level for a while or else it will be dead by fall.

Donos

Yeah you don't have to wait long (ps4). Playerbase should also grow a bit with the sale which lasts till March and the update which usually brings back people.

Gator86

Oh nice, guess I leveled too fast. My initial hope was to be one of the first g15 pilots, but oh well.

I could be wrong. Some of their wording on stuff is vague. Stoic black is definitely available for gen 10 pilots, but it might not be official that they're not moving the level cap past that.

Arrrammis

Downloaded the update, wanted to hop on for a quick match or two of Live Fire over lunch, but I'm getting a "no servers available" message when I try to launch multiplayer. Guess I'll just try again later.

Gator86

Same. I guess everyone wants to try the update. Oh well back to Nioh.

Ha, my copy of Nioh should be here tonight. That and the Wildlands beta will be distracting me until Horizon launches and I ghost on TF2 until Colony probably. Hoping to hit gen 10.50 this weekend though.

Izuna

Banned
Turning off Party Member Colours does not affect Scoreboard colours because reasons

--

also no servers found. GG respawn

No Film Grain is a godsend however

grendelrt

So the new matchmaking still looks by a single game type each time. The way it looks right now is it picks a game mode then searches, so if other players arent searching that mode at that point they don't get put together. Basically the same as me picking it manually before the update.

Why dont they just take all players online, check what modes they have selected, group em up, pick a random mode in common. So that its drawing from the entire pool of players online. When they announced this, thats what I envisioned.

Live fire mode is fun, but I got my ass kicked, need to practice it more.

grendelrt

Ugh every mode but attrition and live fire are 0 people in matches. Looks like only a few game type to actually play will continue.

Top Bottom