• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

VeeP

The model of the holo pilot is holding the flag, but the giant symbol that tells you where the flag is on the minimap/through walls is still only on the original pilot, not the holo. So really, there's no point in using holo when you're carrying the flag, since anyone can tell that it's not the real flag.

IMO that would be a nice change too, make holo really worth using in these modes instead of everyone using stim/phase shift.

Yea both would definitely add some interesting wrinkles to the gameplay and modes. You should hit Respawn up on twitter or something. Maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to add.

Rocketz

Ok I'm just going to assume something is wrong or I'm the unlickiest guy in the world because I've yet to see Glitch.

I've played enough since I've came back from my honeymoon to have been able to see it at least once.

So is 2X weekly mode gone now forever :( that was honestly the biggest reason for me to play daily, getting that 10x level credits for a single game was so gooooood. I can't go back to only 5 tokens a day, like a peasant

Ok I'm just going to assume something is wrong or I'm the unlickiest guy in the world because I've yet to see Glitch.

I've played enough since I've came back from my honeymoon to have been able to see it at least once.

I played a bit last night and it never came around. Eden and Dry Dock came up more than once

Monarch loadout demonstration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc3fHnEJ3Y

First level in its Upgrade Core

Option 1 - Arc Rounds - 30 to 40 rounds in ammo capacity and more effective against defensive abilities

Option 2 - Salvo Rockets - 6 to 12 rockets

Option 3 - Energy Transfer - Share shields with a friendly Titan. Friendly receives 750 shield. No cost to you other than Siphon Energy use.

Level 2

Option 1 - Swift Rearm - Cuts activation time of Rearm ability from .5 to .1. Also includes a rapid reload to the XO

Option 2 - Energy Field - Increases Siphon blast radius (25ft) but damage remains unchanged.

Option 3 - Maelstrom - More powerful Electric Smoke. Doubles damage to pilots (90) and triples against Titans (1350).

Level 3

Option 1 - Multi target missles - As seen in the SP and TF1. Up to 700 damage per rocket but are slow

Option 2 - Battle Rifle - Increased damage, accuracy and crit scaling of the XO.

Option 3 - Superior Chasis - Improves HP, dash, and melee. Health increased from 10000 to 15000. Other features have not been implemented yet so nothing else to share.

There are overlaps in upgrades, so they can stack. At least at the moment. Things can change from now to release, so keep that in mind.

And first person execution from TF1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tjc5UAeGG0

This is almost definitely a temporary animation, but I figured I'd check what it was and record it anyway when I remembered how to swap out executions like 20 minutes ago. Worth being aware of.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6afzn4/a_change_for_frontier_news_network/

Hey all,

Moving forward, Frontier News Network will be changing to a monthly cadence. We've got lots of new content in the works like Respawn Plays and Inside Dev Blogs that we've started releasing and we have more in the works. Doing this will give us more bandwidth to make other rad stuff for you guys that showcases more Respawn studio culture and people. This will also allow us to make future FNN's a bit more robust and it will be used to reveal news and continue to highlight awesome community content.

The next FNN will be on 5/23 and it'll have the trailer for the next DLC and details on what's in it.

Love to hear any ideas for what you would like to see in future FNN's.

I dont even

Arrrammis

I'm not really that surprised. FNN was almost always late, but it always had something worth reading IMO. Compared to Bungie, where they put out weekly update things that said nothing at all, and even actively pissed off the player base with the kinds of things Deej/Cozmo said in those. I prefer a monthly thing that actually gives us news and some insight into what's going on. Something more often would be nice, but quality of quantity.

I'm not really that surprised. FNN was almost always late, but it always had something worth reading IMO. Compared to Bungie, where they put out weekly update things that said nothing at all, and even actively pissed off the player base with the kinds of things Deej/Cozmo said in those. I prefer a monthly thing that actually gives us news and some insight into what's going on. Something more often would be nice, but quality of quantity.

Yeah, I guess.

I may just be annoyed that we still have to rely on the community for specific patch notes with each update, and having an ongoing issue like melee, and among other things, take a back seat. I believe a dev even went so far as to say it was fine... Anyway, I've stated before but I would like to see Respawn explain their changes. I would much rather have that than the Lets Play thing their doing.

Definitely not! You'll probably run into some folks flying around at 200 mph landing shots constantly, but don't let that discourage you. Maybe start out with attrition since it's the simplest game mode IMO, there you can get used to the system and maps and work on your movement skills. You'll be a pro pilot in no time!

Thanks! Will give it a spin this evening.

Regenerated and realized I had reached G100 with these people. Now its time for Sir Oi

CdT8MOi.jpg

Also, I was totally expecting this

HKE31fF.gif

I'm a little confused by the loadouts, and I couldn't figure out if it's discussed in detail in the video. Does this mean that Monarch has a ton of customizability with her core? Or are the different options only tentative and Respawn still has to make a final decision on which abilities will be part of Upgrade core?

Also, for the average player (like me), how often does a titan get its core before dying? At most, I only get one so wouldn't the level 3 upgrades really only benefit the highly skilled players? I guess the shield recharge is good for survivability.

amdb00mer

I played a little bit of MfD yesterday. I had a lot of fun with it. That adrenaline rush when your marked as the next target. Good stuff. Keep it up Respawn.

I'm a little confused by the loadouts, and I couldn't figure out if it's discussed in detail in the video. Does this mean that Monarch has a ton of customizability with her core? Or are the different options only tentative and Respawn still has to make a final decision on which abilities will be part of Upgrade core?

Also, for the average player (like me), how often does a titan get its core before dying? At most, I only get one so wouldn't the level 3 upgrades really only benefit the highly skilled players? I guess the shield recharge is good for survivability.

From the video

The way it works is that you can equip 3 additional kits to her loadout, and each one is an upgrade that is applied after each subsequent activation of her core. The core also immediately recharges shields to full when applying the upgrade.

So it does have a bit of customization. Choosing one at each level and having the potential to stack in some way (Arc Rounds + Battle Rifle) At least at the moment anyway.

We still don't know if Monarch will be available in modes other than Frontier Defense. To me, as-is, this would be incredibly OP in multiplayer. Its not uncommon for me to hold onto my first Titan for the entire match, or at least the majority of it. Having the ability to heal + shields could break everything. Whatever balance they thought they had with class specific Titans and batteries would go out the window.

Popped in and played some MP last night after not playing in some time...

Great game, GREAT GAME!

I will, as a level 7 player, I still don't know what the heck is going on after matches. What am I unlocking. How did I unlock it. Etc.

Popped in and played some MP last night after not playing in some time...

Great game, GREAT GAME!

I will, as a level 7 player, I still don't know what the heck is going on after matches. What am I unlocking. How did I unlock it. Etc.

Theres an in-game FAQ that explains some things. You earn "merits" based on performance and those go towards your pilot, weapon, and Titan levels. Weapons are unlocked by reaching a specific Pilot level. Hovering over them in the loadout menu shows what unlocks at which levels. Weapons and Titans have their own leveling system. Level them up to unlock mods/kits/attachments.

still not played Glitch

the one or two games I have time for ;(

damnit

I played for about 3 hours last night and it never came around. Theres obviously an issue.

Mechazawa

They've heard our wails, though. Switzerland's back.

What's crazy to me is that I played it in Hardpoint and that might be the first map in the game that's sold me on the concept of Amping and AI-less Hardpoint. It's small enough that shit is constantly popping off, has such good wallruns that you can fuckin' blitz from A to C and not feel too bad about leaving an amped point unattended, but dense enough that you can lay low and get some reprieve in the middle of a giant firefight because there are enough entry points and cubby holes to slip in and out of to run/hide.

I LOVE MAKING DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS BASED OFF ONE MATCH

For the love of god respawn please remove crash site and complex. Or at least have them weighted so low that they rarely come up. They are absolutely terrible.

I've been playing for over an hour and have yet to play on glitch.

So far

Crash site twice
Eden maybe three edit: make that four
Dry dock twice

And now Ive ran into a team using the devotion and g2. Fantastic balance. The best in the business.

I like how you were so confused as to what just happened.

Ha
Yeah, I thought it may have been something else but then I took a glance at the killfeed

This game, man...

When people arent being complete scum bags its tolerable, but all it takes is one person to change the tone of a game. G2, Devotion, A-wall, Flatline, you know, the garbage meta Respawn are okay with and the community has no problem abusing.

I've also havent played Glitch tonight. Not one match. Couple of hours and it has not come up at all. No issue having other maps come up more than once.

Alx

There's definitely something wrong with Glitch. I've only ever played it once in Attrition. I think the one time I played it I had tried other games modes before, but each time I play 100% attrition playlist, Glitch doesn't seem to exist.

I only started playing again earlier this week, and I think I've played on glitch five times. Four of those times were on LTS and once on Attrition. I was hoping it would come up more often.

Mechazawa

They gave Monarch my beautiful baby boy Stryder's execution.

Fucked up. That's fucked up Respawn. That should be Ronin's. I will remember this.

Drifters

Fuck me. I've been a Ronin for a while before it was popular but 5 people as Ronins? Then, I switch to Ion the next game, 4 Ions and one Scorch. WTF!?

They gave Monarch my beautiful baby boy Stryder's execution.

No other titan execution will be as good as the Ogre's, the thing simply takes the victim's arm and slaps them with it, and they suddenly explode from what looks like humiliation.

Its animation is so silly

Edit: That would've been a cool execution on Ronin, you taking his sword and slicing him in half ala that gif

Top Bottom