• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Anyone know if a 1060 could take advantage of a 144Hz monitor at 1080p in TnF2?

Yeah, I think so. Not at max settings tho. Besides, you have dynamic resolution options which will kick in regardless.

~~

Haven't played glitch because it didn't come up, but controller + 144hz makes me feel like a god. I think reloading is affected, it feels fast af...

Sure was refreshing playing that temporary titan brawl mode, no ejections? I could finally clean up with Ronin cinematic kills without nuclear eject happening every time.
And it finally got me to my ultimate goal, unlocking the Wise One nose art, it's stupidly small but dammit it's an Owl!

Glitch is becoming more and more repulsive to play on with the more Ronin nuke spammers that go W+Melee on that map

Technically that applies to every map, but still

Izuna

Banned
I can't get a game of Glitch, I have never played it.

I try at night before bed and it never happens. I give up.

Quake is probably gunna be my goto along with Overwatch I guess. Titanfall 1 on PC has too many cheaters and 2 is still not quite there. I'll wait for the next update or if GAF wants to play MfD.

It's really annoying how bad the base maps are.

Alx

I finally got my first Attrition game on Glitch today. :)
Fun map, complex too, I'll need to time to become familiar with the different routes. The narrow paths for titans were great for my Scorch.

I hate skillbased matchamaking, but dammit there's a need for skillbased team balancing

I play solo and have a 76% win percent. If you score more than 79 points a game in attrition and you would have a chance to win. Matchmaking is not the problem judging by that photo of the scoreboard.

I play solo and have a 76% win percent. If you score more than 79 points a game in attrition and you would have a chance to win. Matchmaking is not the problem judging by that photo of the scoreboard.

Skillbased Matchmaking wasn't really the thing I was trying to call out what Titanfall needs (it's what killed my enjoyment of the first game), it's the fact that most games I play feel like the team balancing is random, and decides to put the 4 pubstompers on the same team rather than spread them out across the teams.

Granted, it's not super common, but it still happens just enough where it annoys me.

Better that than some games doing time based matchmaking, where depending on what weapon you're using, it'll pair you up with players of similar time invested. So you can potentially be constantly put into low levelled lobbies and pubstomp really hard if you use a gun you've never used.

If that doesn't make sense, it's because that's how Nintendo does matchmaking in their online shooters

Rocketz

New execution unlocked. I was gone the first week of the DLC and I haven't had a ton of time to play but I'm glad it didn't take too long.

Now to try it out.

Donos

What i s the overall game plan with the timed playlists/modes?

It sucks when they have a playlist/mode which is really good (Titan brawl, 24/7 AC and others) but then they just vanish after a time. Do they plan to permanently integrate the popular ones later or what?
Wasn't a fan of LTS but i have been playing only Titan Brawl the last days. So good. Except when everybody is Ronin.

And playing Titan Brawl, the PS4/XB1 really need a proper MechWarrior game with a beefy SP.

Jumped back into this after being gone for a good 5 months. I tried using the playlist (Attrition, BH, LTS, and Live Fire), and all I got were attrition games. Should I just pick one mode at a time to make sure I get to play the other modes? I was hoping there would be more variety when I choose multiple modes.

LaneDS

What i s the overall game plan with the timed playlists/modes?

It sucks when they have a playlist/mode which is really good (Titan brawl, 24/7 AC and others) but then they just vanish after a time. Do they plan to permanently integrate the popular ones later or what?
Wasn't a fan of LTS but i have been playing only Titan Brawl the last days. So good. Except when everybody is Ronin.

And playing Titan Brawl, the PS4/XB1 really need a proper MechWarrior game with a beefy SP.

I agree it's a bummer, but I suspect they don't have the player numbers to support playlists for those types of modes forever.

Jumped back into this after being gone for a good 5 months. I tried using the playlist (Attrition, BH, LTS, and Live Fire), and all I got were attrition games. Should I just pick one mode at a time to make sure I get to play the other modes? I was hoping there would be more variety when I choose multiple modes.

It may take longer, but yeah. There are people who queue up for those alternate modes, like you have, but the majority of people still just go for Attrition, so to get you into a game faster it'll throw you in with them.

Aumann

Just started playing this recently and I have a couple of questions for you veteran Titanfallers:

1. If you have a battery cell when entering a titan at 100% does it get used up automatically? Is there a way to save it for when you have lower health?

2. Why is it that sometimes when I'm near an enemy titan with the rodeo prompt, it seems like I cannot get on it no matter what? I keep holding the button multiple times yet it doesn't let me on.

Thanks for you help all, see you online!

Just started playing this recently and I have a couple of questions for you veteran Titanfallers:

1. If you have a battery cell when entering a titan at 100% does it get used up automatically? Is there a way to save it for when you have lower health?

2. Why is it that sometimes when I'm near an enemy titan with the rodeo prompt, it seems like I cannot get on it no matter what? I keep holding the button multiple times yet it doesn't let me on.

Thanks for you help all, see you online!

1. You gain a shield if youre at full health. It also contributes to building your core meter. If you're topped off on everything (health, shield, core) then I guess it does nothing. edit: Actually I believe it continues/restarts building your core. If you're holding onto your Core ability it'll roll over and count towards another smoke?

2. There are a few things that are buggy including the rodeo. I've left it on auto rodeo and there have been numerous occasions where it just doesnt latch on.

Alx

Sometimes you can't rodeo a titan because there's already someone on top of it (either friend or foe). There's only room for one.

Can't believe I still haven't given the multiplayer in this game a go yet. Is it too late to get in, is the learning curve too steep now for noobs?

Arrrammis

Can't believe I still haven't given the multiplayer in this game a go yet. Is it too late to get in, is the learning curve too steep now for noobs?

Definitely not! You'll probably run into some folks flying around at 200 mph landing shots constantly, but don't let that discourage you. Maybe start out with attrition since it's the simplest game mode IMO, there you can get used to the system and maps and work on your movement skills. You'll be a pro pilot in no time!

GGs Arrrammis and Shem!

Not really a fan of MFD especially with try hards who turtle but it's definitely better in a group

Agreed. Add into that the insane amount of titan rolling, the teammates that charge the enemy while they're marked, and the complete random chance of who gets marked... I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I expected. Maybe if there were no titans and a longer respawn timer it would be better, but it's hard to tell. There's no real way to prevent a competent enemy team from turtling unless you have a huge titan advantage.

VeeP

Wow. Marked for Death is GOOD. I'm so pissed off. They were up by 1 and at the last second I missed my punch on the enemy :/. Oh well.

VeeP

Just had a marked for death game in which we had 4, the other team had 9. We managed to rally back and get the next 6 points. Soooo good.

Getting some really annoying input bug where I seem to get stuck moving a single direction temporarily. Also means that when typing in chat it will just erase everything I just wrote sometimes.

Other people have mentioned its been happening to them too It's incredibly maddening and makes the game half-unplayable.

Arrrammis

Man, I wish that when using Holo pilot, if you were marked for death and sent out a holo, your holo pilot would also show up as marked on the map/through walls. The amount of bamboozles would be hilarious!

VeeP

Man, I wish that when using Holo pilot, if you were marked for death and sent out a holo, your holo pilot would also show up as marked on the map/through walls. The amount of bamboozles would be hilarious!

Damn, that would be pretty cool. What happens in CTF when you send out a Holopilot?

Arrrammis

Damn, that would be pretty cool. What happens in CTF when you send out a Holopilot?

The model of the holo pilot is holding the flag, but the giant symbol that tells you where the flag is on the minimap/through walls is still only on the original pilot, not the holo. So really, there's no point in using holo when you're carrying the flag, since anyone can tell that it's not the real flag.

IMO that would be a nice change too, make holo really worth using in these modes instead of everyone using stim/phase shift.

Top Bottom