• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Blinds, stuns and explodes on hit.
That's way too much if its going to explode on hit rather than having to cook it like a frag

It is actually weaker than Tf1's arc grenades, back then it deal half a pilot's health as damage, now it is just a fraction, plus you can counter it with phase shift and to a lesser extent stim.

Greddleok

They do shit for damage though.

They also don't stun, they slow. You can still shoot with close to full effectiveness when hit with the arc grenade.

That said...I don't use anything else. They all feel useless or too situational compared to the arc grenade. Being able to blind titans easily makes them top tier.

They also don't stun, they slow. You can still shoot with close to full effectiveness when hit with the arc grenade.

That said...I don't use anything else. They all feel useless or too situational compared to the arc grenade. Being able to blind titans easily makes them top tier.

A direct firestar hit on titans gives ~15% titan charge which is the best among all ordnance tho.

HAL-x9000

Hey, how is the overall mp player count on PS4? I could pick up this game in a few hours but I´m a bit worried about that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Right, there's that as well. That they blind Titans. So that's another thing they do.

KodaRuss

Sure, but that's not always easy unlike the arc grenade, and most importantly, the fire stars feel practically useless in every other situation.

I use the firestar exclusively. If there is a path I want to block off for a bit I throw one at a doorway. Works really well on Bounty Hunt on banks or entrances to banks.

It is also perfect for drop pods of AI in BH and Attrition.

Greddleok

I use the firestar exclusively. If there is a path I want to block off for a bit I throw one at a doorway. Works really well on Bounty Hunt on banks or entrances to banks.

It is also perfect for drop pods of AI in BH and Attrition.

Huh, I'll give it another go. I'm just so used to the arc grenade's throwing...arc...that it's really difficult to switch to something else!

KodaRuss

Huh, I'll give it another go. I'm just so used to the arc grenade's throwing...arc...that it's really difficult to switch to something else!

Yes, the grenades all feel a little different when you throw them. I would say I am very comfortable with the standard frag from Coliseum but other than that I am lost on them usually.

Also, when I see an enemy Titan has dropped I am holding my firestar ready to throw as soon as the shield drops. Great way to mess them up right off the bat.

Greddleok

Right, there's that as well. That they blind Titans. So that's another thing they do.

I think of all the balance "issues" the arc grenades are far from the most egregious.

Just play the game and have fun, it's not a competitive sport, it's a dumb, fun, video game.

Izuna

Banned
Nice work man! You didn't need to use my clip (looks so bad compared to the rest), but thanks ^^;

Do you think it'd be cheeky to include some montages in the next OT? Knowing fellow GAFfers are having a blast and pulling off crazy/hilarious stunts could sway some folks who are on the fence.

Also, are you still working on a Northstar montage?
If so, I have an idea for music (making a track myself...won't spoil it on here, but PM if interested).

Yeah! I was going to use The Girl Who Stole The Stars for the Northstar Montage.

I don't have a whole lot of clips to choose from yet, though.

But featuring a GAF track would be really cool :)

Alx

...is there a way to skip cutscenes?

During campaign ? I'm pretty sure you can, I think it's "hold X to skip" (there is a prompt in the bottom corner if you push any button), but you can only do it after a few seconds, once the level has loaded.

Izuna

Banned
During campaign ? I'm pretty sure you can, I think it's "hold X to skip" (there is a prompt in the bottom corner if you push any button), but you can only do it after a few seconds, once the level has loaded.

if you could, I'd think speedrunners would use it

FStop7

Banned
I never get tired of the way people freak out when a pink Ronin with an anime girl on its nose appears from out of nowhere and starts going HAM on their titans with a sword. 😂

MANGOD

Banned
Not touched mp but just finished the sp on hard and tip of the hat to those at respawn. The level with the time switch was fucking excellent and a nice change from the usual run and gun of most shooters out just now. Really hope there's another game in the series.

well_done_sir.gif

patchday

Sorry for such a dumb question but how to cloak? I am in SP campaign. got distracted playing other games now I've forgotten the controls.;

On PS4

Vipu

Banned
Epg is so fun to use

Its fun but super hard to fight against all those instakill devotions and alternators.
Usually if you dont direct hit first epg shot you are dead.

I think they should buff splash dmg more so it 1 shots if you shoot it on their legs but not direct hit.
Its just stupid to miss 1cm and they stay alive and 3shot you with smg.

KodaRuss

Not touched mp but just finished the sp on hard and tip of the hat to those at respawn. The level with the time switch was fucking excellent and a nice change from the usual run and gun of most shooters out just now. Really hope there's another game in the series.

well_done_sir.gif

The single player was pretty damn good. Really big moments that I really enjoyed. I just wished they would have fleshed out the enemy bosses that we faced a little more. Maybe they will do some single player DLC or something which would be more than welcome.

FStop7

Banned
Serious wishes for next patch:

1. Give Attrition points for stealing an enemy titan's battery or successfully installing a battery in a teammate's Titan. I know it counts toward Titan build % but it should grant points, too.

2. Dial back the pilot sentry durability and tracking speed. Make them hackable, too.

3. Fix Ronin's phase. It should not kill you for phasing into an enemy Titan. It should do the opppsite, in fact.

Calderc

I'm not one for nerfs but the Hemlok and Devotion really need toned down. Sucks every ounce of fun out the game when people just sit at the very back of the map and pick you off in one burst. That should not be a viable option in Titanfall. At all.

dankir

I'm not one for nerfs but the Hemlok and Devotion really need toned down. Sucks every ounce of fun out the vame when people just sit at the very back of the map and pick you off in one burst. That should not be a viable option in Titanfall. At all.

I switched over from the Devotion from my Hemlock which is gen 12.5 I think and I agree with you all its too easy to kill from long distances. I've gotten many first strikes cross map kills on homestead with it. If you haven't reacted to the first hit then you're probably dead.

I hate the Devotion, if your not already firing then you'll lose a 1 - 1 fight against a quicker gun. Yeah once its spooled up you can take down a big crowd but other than that yuck.

The R201 is so good in this game, when its amped up especially I love it. I still have to get used to not ADS everytime I fire but the hip fire is so different from TF1 I can see why the better players rarely use it.

Also for the heck of it I tried playing a game without vibration on Elite controller. Maybe I was really tired but man it was so surreal playing without it. Almost as if the game was on mute. We still won but the first 5 minutes of the match was wierd as fuck. I got the first kill but it didn't even feel like I controllering my pilot.

Try it if you want get wierded out.

The Hemlock and devotion are disgusting. Especially when paired with amped damage.

I got on yesterday jumped into a mixtape match and the first one that came around was pilots vs pilots on drydock. I had the Hemlock equipped because I hadn't been playing in a while and that was what I was last using so I thought I'd run with it. Finished 33 and 3, killing people as they filtered out of their spawn with one-burst kills at range. Ridiculous!

The Hemlock, Devotion, and amped damage are a problem and need tweaking.

I think a cool change to amped damage would be to have damage amped relative to your momentum, so if you're running or travelling quickly then your damage can be amped up to the value it was before, but if you're stationary and immobile it has no effect. Maybe that sounds silly but I like that amped damage helps aggressive, mobile playstyles, where players actually take risks to cut a path through the enemy team, but it's just extremely overpowered when it's coupled with these defensive, low risk playstyles, where you're able to instant-kill people from across the map, without exposing yourself to any risk.

Calderc

They're just...not fair. It's like 'Don't wanna utilise/get good at our *main* selling point, the movement?! Use these, and stop everyone else utilising the movement too!'

Like I get different playstyles, but when one not only outshines the other but absolutely makes it detrimental then there's just something wrong. Just because you don't wanna fly around the map (and I'm not even talking Gamesager style) doesn't mean they should hinder everyone else as well.

Dumbest shit ever. Why does Phase Shifting into another pilot count as a kill but Ronin phase shifting results in you (Ronin) dying?

Because it's 10x easier to phase shift into an enemy Titan as Ronin than it is into an enemy pilot as a pilot.

In that instance where two players occupy the same space the game needs to resolve it, the easiest way to do so is to kill one of the two players. It then, makes sense to kill the phase shifter in Ronin's case, because it's easy for Ronin to do. He doesn't deserve to be awarded with a kill every time he pushes triangle and guesses correctly, particularly when that guess is not difficult to make due to the size and speed of Titan's.

As for why it doesn't kill Ronin when he's blocking, considering it allows Ronin's chasis to clip through the inside of the Titan he phases into, causing the player phased into to see nothing but a black screen, I think it's pretty obvious that that's a glitch. I imagine they'll address it in a future patch.

deoee

I never get tired of when Ronins try to melee me as Scorch

You done fucked up, little man.

Only morons engage a Scorch with the shield up.
I always have my Phase Shift ready in case I run into one of them and if you hold your shield up I Arc Wave you and dash around you.

Accused of cheating in a post-match message again. This time for using the Revelation on Crash Site.

I just sent him a snapshot of my stats page. If he thinks I'm rocking cheats to earn that HAWT 1.7 KD and 67% win percentage, then he's beyond help.

The Hemlock and devotion are disgusting. Especially when paired with amped damage.

I got on yesterday jumped into a mixtape match and the first one that came around was pilots vs pilots on drydock. I had the Hemlock equipped because I hadn't been playing in a while and that was what I was last using so I thought I'd run with it. Finished 33 and 3, killing people as they filtered out of their spawn with one-burst kills at range. Ridiculous!

The Hemlock, Devotion, and amped damage are a problem and need tweaking.

I think a cool change to amped damage would be to have damage amped relative to your momentum, so if you're running or travelling quickly then your damage can be amped up to the value it was before, but if you're stationary and immobile it has no effect. Maybe that sounds silly but I like that amped damage helps aggressive, mobile playstyles, where players actually take risks to cut a path through the enemy team, but it's just extremely overpowered when it's coupled with these defensive, low risk playstyles, where you're able to instant-kill people from across the map, without exposing yourself to any risk.

I mean the easier answer would be to have amped damage affect each weapon class differently. Like, SMGs and shotguns get the most boost, less for ARs, even less for LMGs. They already have those graphs showing the relative damage, range, accuracy, etc of each weapon. Just add another that included amped percentage boost.

Worst case scenario, you put more thought into which boost to use with each loadout.

patchday

enjoying this single player but stuck on this
Crane trying to figure out where to rotate this block to repair this satelite dish

[edit] yay made some progress

deoee

I mean the easier answer would be to have amped damage affect each weapon class differently. Like, SMGs and shotguns get the most boost, less for ARs, even less for LMGs. They already have those graphs showing the relative damage, range, accuracy, etc of each weapon. Just add another that included amped percentage boost.

Worst case scenario, you put more thought into which boost to use with each loadout.

for the 08/15 gamer? LOL

Top Bottom