• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
They do shit for damage though.

Sometimes shit is all you need!
uPDDSwt.gif

Yeah! I was going to use The Girl Who Stole The Stars for the Northstar Montage.

I don't have a whole lot of clips to choose from yet, though.

But featuring a GAF track would be really cool :)

Nice one! Haha, a beautiful song for a beautiful lady.
I may not get done in time, but I'll give you a WIP soon and you can decide if you want to use it.
I was thinking about attempting a Northstar montage myself, but if you like the track idea I can provide some clips, too :)

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Arcs are like flashbangs in this game, pretty much a must if your map is cluttered with enemy titans and you're on foot. Arcs + MGL can be a nightmare for enemy titans.

The Ummah

Banned
Just finished the campaign. I've been stuck in multiplayer since release. What an experience this was. I already want to do it all over again. I picked the hard difficulty, but I wish I started with Master. Will probably cue up another playthrough to get the helmets also.

I would love to see them expand upon this single player offering.

etrain911

How do you hack in the multiplayer? I'm on PS4 and I've been trying to get it right but for some reason, I just can't seem to hack anything.

Menitta

I have a question for people playing this game extensively:

How often do you look at a room in real life and think of how you'd move like in Titanfall 2? I'm doing that now, and I hope I'm not crazy.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question for people playing this game extensively:

How often do you look at a room in real life and think of how you'd move like in Titanfall 2? I'm doing that now, and I hope I'm not crazy.

Sometimes...when riding my bike to/from work...I like to imagine that I'm a speeding pilot.

dankir

Just finished the campaign. I've been stuck in multiplayer since release. What an experience this was. I already want to do it all over again. I picked the hard difficulty, but I wish I started with Master. Will probably cue up another playthrough to get the helmets also.

I would love to see them expand upon this single player offering.

I'm kinda hoping we see what happens with Kuben/ Apex Predators and General Marden after the events of the ending

Wow, nothing makes an intense back and forth Titan fight more fun than Reapers, said literally no one ever.

I seriously want to meet the person that approved these decisions, as they very clearly have zero comprehension of game design.

Ishmae1

Wow, nothing makes an intense back and forth Titan fight more fun than Reapers, said literally no one ever.

If Reapers were actually game-changing (e.g. they hunt pilots once dropped - mercilessly - until destroyed) and made the players stop and change tactics, I'm all for them as a mix up for the mode.

As is, they seldom hunt pilots and other times... just stand there and shoot and give one of the teams a lot of free points.

Image if they could rodeo opposing titans and rip them apart from rodeo (like the TF1 rodeo)... man that would be fun.

Arttemis

Does anyone else feel like the drive to 'level' certain aspects of the game is detrimental to your performance? In some maps, I do terribly as Ronin... but I want that Shark face...

You use your data knife and can hack spectres to fight for you. Go behind them in attrition and you'll see the prompt.

I've melee'd more of those things than shot, and never saw that! Granted, I play more BH than Attrition.

Daigoro

I seriously want to meet the person that approved these decisions, as they very clearly have zero comprehension of game design.

i find them annoying and pointless as well.

i cant remember a game ive had so much fun with and hated so much at the same time. so many dumb design decisions were put into such a great game.

frustrating as fuck.

deoee

I think Reapers are kind of a thing to speed up Attrition but they work heavily in favor of the team with more Titans on the field because of the way the scoring works (like not getting credit for %dmg etc.)

Arttemis

I wish there was more of a punishment to quitting a match. Playing Last Titan Standing, and almost every single round there's someone quitting. Not just each match, but almost every ROUND!

I love this game so much, probably my GOTY over SFV which is apart of my favorite franchise of all time. And I'm going back to grind SFV once Akuma drops later today. But man I hate the fact that I suck at this game. I finally got my K/D to 0.9. I'm not sure I'll ever see 1.0 to be honest since I have so many minus games(I mainly play PvP).

I watch Sage, Frothy, and all these other great players fly around the maps just mowing people down. And when I try to move around the map faster I just die faster because I don't know where to be, lack great awareness, and have a terrible aim as well. So unfortunately I've gone back to play slower pace just because it's just not fun being one of the worse players on your team lol.

The only advantage I have over most PS4 players is that up close encounter. I double jump and spray and pray while they're still trying to ADS me. Feels good to be able to do that since I forced myself to learn the "Evolve" button layout.

I wish there was more of a punishment to quitting a match. Playing Last Titan Standing, and almost every single round there's someone quitting. Not just each match, but almost every ROUND!

If they want to reduce quitting, they'll have to improve matchmaking.

So long as its clear Respawn as no interest in providing balanced matchups, players are well within their rights to drop matches when they feel the outcome may as well be predetermined.

I mean the easier answer would be to have amped damage affect each weapon class differently. Like, SMGs and shotguns get the most boost, less for ARs, even less for LMGs. They already have those graphs showing the relative damage, range, accuracy, etc of each weapon. Just add another that included amped percentage boost.

Worst case scenario, you put more thought into which boost to use with each loadout.

But then people will be sitting on rooftops sniping with the alternator. :p

But yeah you could do that. I would also want the amped damage boost to remain on anti-Titan weapons.

Arttemis

So long as its clear Respawn as no interest in providing balanced matchups, players are well within their rights to drop matches when they feel the outcome may as well be predetermined.

Then triple the merit reward for completing matches, and give bonuses for joining matches already-in-play.

Alx

That's not really a sports like behaviour. Just leaving the game because you're going to lose ? By doing it you're spoiling the fun for everybody (both teams and even yourself).

That's not really a sports like behaviour. Just leaving the game because you're going to lose ? By doing it you're spoiling the fun for everybody (both teams and even yourself).

Sometimes I've left if the match is already lost. Don't want to stay want to get into another match faster etc. Very rare but I've done it, happens more on other games than it does on Titanfall, but for instance if we were 150 points down in attrition and they had all Titan's out during the final quarter I might drop out. There's good reason to believe things aren't liable to get any better and the match is effectively already lost. I'd rather spend the time getting into a new match.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It does, that's why if they nerfed it away from other weapons I'd want the buff to remain on those. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Ah right! Was worried for a second that I'd been living a terrible lie, haha.

I can kind of understand people quitting if it puts them in a (drastically) losing game.
But then again, I'm guessing those same people don't quit when put on the winning side...

I can kind of understand people quitting if they don't like a certain map.
(Some people may have limited time and naturally prefer to play on maps they enjoy more.)
But I don't think complaining that it affects your stats is justified, as said maps are part of the same game we're all playing.
Maybe they could add filter options, but that would probably fragment the player base even more.

I find it most difficult to understand people quitting mid-match because:

"I can't get on a good roll."
"We're going to lose even though I carried."
"A-wall campers/Tones/etc. everywhere."

Just take that L and roll with the punches like everyone else. Surely no one cares about that fraction of a percentage change in your stats. Also, where do you draw the line at "chance of winning" or "predetermined"? Everyone will have their own idea of what "balanced" or "skill-based" means, so it's a huge challenge for any dev (let alone Respawn) to cater to all walks of life.

patchday

finished the single player campaign that was truly epic. Now I can try Multiplayer at long last :)

just wanted to knock out sp campaign first cause once I try MP there's no going back

Vipu

Banned
finished the single player campaign that was truly epic. Now I can try Multiplayer at long last :)

just wanted to knock out sp campaign first cause once I try MP there's no going back

Yeah, I think I have 300h in MP now and 1h in SP and still not planning to go finish that SP.

Discobird

Amped damage is already defined on a per-weapon basis and it's not as simple as a straight multiplier or "one less shot" principle for everything--see this Google doc (amped damage numbers are the orange columns on the "Pilot Weapons" tab).

Amped weapons has a different effect on damage at different ranges--look at how much the SMGs and the R-201 benefit from amped weapons at max range for example. (CAR goes from 10 shots to kill at max range down to 5, whereas at close range it only goes from 4 shots to 3).

Izuna

Banned
I haven't been on this game for a while...

I think I'll just play a bunch of SP titles that are on my backlog instead.

xviper

i was a Titanfall 1 veteran, reached GEN 10 within the first 2 weeks of the game's launch, an underrated masterpiece

i didn't enjoy TF2 beta but today i was bored with OW and decided to pick it up, i like it a lot so far, at fist i got my ass kicked but after couple hours i got my experience back from TF1 and kept getting MVP

one thing bothered me in the beta and still bothers me in the game is the leveling system, terrible choice, should have kept the normal XP system, how the hell do i check my challenges ?

can't wait to try the SP, heard great things about it

right now i'm really confused on what to play between, Overwatch( my main FPS game), TF2, and BF1, i really got bored of BF1 and i think it's time to move on, even though i'm enjoying TF2 at the moment, it's still NOTHING compared to how amazing TF1 was, i bought the Xbox one alone for TF1 and it was worth it, it was just unique, simple and fun as hell

Jito

Banned
I don't know, have you? Just seen you around chatting everywhere possible related to TF2 that you hate it, I'm sure anyone who reads GAF regularly knows your stance on the game by now, but you can keep hammering it home if you feel the need too.

Ken Adams

I don't know, have you? Just seen you around chatting everywhere possible related to TF2 that you hate it, I'm sure anyone who reads GAF regularly knows your stance on the game by now, but you can keep hammering it home if you feel the need too.

Put him on ignore hes been like this since the beta. He even made claims that respawn would release angel city all messed up i think his words were the map is now all rubbles or some shit. The only one who uses the term R1 and R2 like your not a fucking dev and no one ever talks about team fortress in a titanfall thread. If your done with this game just leave no one needs your updates.

Menitta

When I woke up this morning I was still half asleep. I had probably the worst two multiplayer matches of any game in my life. I wasn't even shooting I was just running.

Izuna

Banned

Last time I talked about Titanfall 2 was when I praised the campaign. If me disliking parts of the game makes me illegible to talk about, then it sounds like you're preferred a circle jerk.

But to answer your question. No, I haven't.

Put him on ignore hes been like this since the beta. He even made claims that respawn would release angel city all messed up i think his words were the map is now all rubbles or some shit. The only one who uses the term R1 and R2 like your not a fucking dev and no one ever talks about team fortress in a titanfall thread. If your done with this game just leave no one needs your updates.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226807690&postcount=109

Jito

Banned
Last time I talked about Titanfall 2 was when I praised the campaign. If me disliking parts of the game makes me illegible to talk about, then it sounds like you're preferred a circle jerk.

I just really find it odd you feel the need to pop by the OT to let people know you're not playing it, good for you I guess? What kind of response were you hoping for?

And no I don't desire a circle jerk in here, just drive by "I'm not playing this game" posts don't really contribute anything do they?

Top Bottom