• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
I just really find it odd you feel the need to pop by the OT to let people know you're not playing it, good for you I guess? What kind of response were you hoping for?

And no I don't desire a circle jerk in here, just drive by "I'm not playing this game" posts don't really contribute anything do they?

Is it any more useful than saying "I love this game"?

Jito

Banned
Is it any more useful than saying "I love this game"?

Is that what people are doing in here? I've seen people generally talking about all aspects of the game and not just posting "I love this game". Some examples would be great though if you feel that's all people are posting.

And you're still not responding to my posts properly, just asking more questions each time.

Izuna

Banned
You talking about circle jerk lawd, Your a joke m8 ;( ;( ;( stop quoting me put me on ignore ;(

I'm really confused...

~~~~~

Anyway, I've started to think that Threat Scope is more "useful" than I originally thought. It does have some situations (like seeing through smoke) where it allows you to do something you couldn't otherwise.

I still think Flight Core just isn't really worth using if you're head-to-head with a Titan. Most Titans can just go underneath and take you out (since Northstar can't aim straight down) -- better speed while hovering is extremely situational and I've only benefitted from it twice.

I think better Cluster is... I don't know, I think it's good enough without. It's far more useful as an Anti-Pilot tool anyway and the blast radius is enough to get people in a bank, for example.

Two Tether Traps, I'm not sure why, but Tether -> Nuclear has stopped feeling very useful since the patch. I don't know if this is a bug or I've been unlucky since, but I don't think twice the Tether makes a whole lot of difference. Perhaps I need to test this out.

And finally... I can't even remember what the other Kit is...

Is that what people are doing in here? I've seen people generally talking about all aspects of the game and not just posting "I love this game". Some examples would be great though if you feel that's all people are posting.

And you're still not responding to my posts properly, just asking more questions each time.

I mean, I appreciate that you don't like the comment I made, I can take that onboard ~~ but if you look at the last couple of pages you can find examples. I think my posts are just standing out to you since you expect me to say something negative. In the last thread (which I think was about the campaign), I'm not just hating on Titanfall 2. But sure, if you to question the purpose of my posts, then the purpose is to say what I think. It just so happens to be something you don't want to hear.

~~

I love this game so much, probably my GOTY over SFV which is apart of my favorite franchise of all time. And I'm going back to grind SFV once Akuma drops later today. But man I hate the fact that I suck at this game. I finally got my K/D to 0.9. I'm not sure I'll ever see 1.0 to be honest since I have so many minus games(I mainly play PvP).

I watch Sage, Frothy, and all these other great players fly around the maps just mowing people down. And when I try to move around the map faster I just die faster because I don't know where to be, lack great awareness, and have a terrible aim as well. So unfortunately I've gone back to play slower pace just because it's just not fun being one of the worse players on your team lol.

The only advantage I have over most PS4 players is that up close encounter. I double jump and spray and pray while they're still trying to ADS me. Feels good to be able to do that since I forced myself to learn the "Evolve" button layout.

Play Amped Hardpoint :)

Ken Adams

This. You just know he's one of those who thinks he's smarter than everone else in the room

KodaRuss

I'm really confused...

~~~~~

Anyway, I've started to think that Threat Scope is more "useful" than I originally thought. It does have some situations (like seeing through smoke) where it allows you to do something you couldn't otherwise.

I still think Flight Core just isn't really worth using if you're head-to-head with a Titan. Most Titans can just go underneath and take you out (since Northstar can't aim straight down) -- better speed while hovering is extremely situational and I've only benefitted from it twice.

I think better Cluster is... I don't know, I think it's good enough without. It's far more useful as an Anti-Pilot tool anyway and the blast radius is enough to get people in a bank, for example.

Two Tether Traps, I'm not sure why, but Tether -> Nuclear has stopped feeling very useful since the patch. I don't know if this is a bug or I've been unlucky since, but I don't think twice the Tether makes a whole lot of difference. Perhaps I need to test this out.

And finally... I can't even remember what the other Kit is...

I am starting to really like Northstar but her core needs work badly.

Also, I wish I could shoot the tether trap out further.

Izuna

Banned
I am starting to really like Northstar but her core needs work badly.

Also, I wish I could shoot the tether trap out further.

I think her Core does alright damage, but like Ion, she can't get the damage out without being hurt. Honestly, I just use Flight Core because Nuclear Ejection while in the sky catches people, lol.

I wish the Tether Trap worked as intended 100% of the time.

The distance is fine for Nuclear already, so why make it take SO long before it attaches? I want it to Tether a Titan the second it hits the ground, not have some sort of activation timer or require them to run past it or w/e.

VeeP

I love this game so much, probably my GOTY over SFV which is apart of my favorite franchise of all time. And I'm going back to grind SFV once Akuma drops later today. But man I hate the fact that I suck at this game. I finally got my K/D to 0.9. I'm not sure I'll ever see 1.0 to be honest since I have so many minus games(I mainly play PvP).

I watch Sage, Frothy, and all these other great players fly around the maps just mowing people down. And when I try to move around the map faster I just die faster because I don't know where to be, lack great awareness, and have a terrible aim as well. So unfortunately I've gone back to play slower pace just because it's just not fun being one of the worse players on your team lol.

The only advantage I have over most PS4 players is that up close encounter. I double jump and spray and pray while they're still trying to ADS me. Feels good to be able to do that since I forced myself to learn the "Evolve" button layout.

Maybe try to run around the outskirts of the map more, and not through the map if that makes sense? As well as that use Camo more perhaps?

People usually only notice Camo when a person is closer or in front of them. Running a lot the outskirts of the map will put you in the peripheral view of probably half the players, and Camo should help you get the first shot on them.

KodaRuss

I think her Core does alright damage, but like Ion, she can't get the damage out without being hurt. Honestly, I just use Flight Core because Nuclear Ejection while in the sky catches people, lol.

But you have to be really close to be even the least bit effective with it. Why give the long range/sniper Titan a core that is only good at close range...

Izuna

Banned
But you have to be really close to be even the least bit effective with it. Why give the long range/sniper Titan a core that is only good at close range...

Yeah, it's stupid.

I feel like Tone saw Northstar and took all her Long-Range abilities lol

KodaRuss

I was able to snipe a couple Titans on Exoplanet in LTS through the two windows near the bank a couple days ago. I felt dirty as hell but they didnt move and I just wrecked them.

Menitta

I just had a match where I grappled a pilot, I did the melee animation, but at the last possible moment, he phase shifted away. THAT'S SO COOL

KodaRuss

What attachements do you guys generally use?

Gun runner and fast reload.

On my Titan weapons I use reload and increased ammo because I have run out of ammo before if I am alive for awhile.

EDIT: I use Gun Runner not ready. I rarely ADS anymore as I use SMGs or Softball

Izuna

Banned
I just had a match where I grappled a pilot, I did the melee animation, but at the last possible moment, he phase shifted away. THAT'S SO COOL

Lag :(

Gun ready and fast reload.

On my Titan weapons I use reload and increased ammo because I have run out of ammo before if I am alive for awhile.

For Archer, I use Faster Reload and Gun Ready. If you shoot 3+ times with Amped you get another Titan lol

KodaRuss

Lag :(

For Archer, I use Faster Reload and Gun Ready. If you shoot 3+ times with Amped you get another Titan lol

I simply cannot switch from anything but the MGL, its just too damn good at damaging Titans from a safe distance. I can dodge an archer shot with pretty good success.

What attachements do you guys generally use?

For shotguns and SMGs, I use gun runner and tactikill. For LMGs and ARs, I use gun ready and either tactikill or large clip size. I almost never use fast reload (except for anti-titan weapons) because I usually run phase shift and reload when phased out.

Izuna

Banned
I simply cannot switch from anything but the MGL, its just too damn good at damaging Titans from a safe distance. I can dodge an archer shot with pretty good success.

Archer is safer imo

plus with Amped Weapons, you get a faster reload, more ammo, and insta kill on Doomed Titans

Not too many people know that they can be one shot when Doomed by an Archer. Doing so gives you almost an entirely new Titan <3

Shoot Archer -> Phase -> Archer (you probably have your Titan by now) -> Phase until Titan drops

FStop7

Banned
I'd also want to stress learning to flank. Don't just engage, follow teammates and let them engage other players, then find a way to slip out of sight and flank those enemies. Learning to be mobile is essential in this game, and hip firing is great with most weapons, so don't fall into the trap of thinking you should aim down the sights in every gunfight. Learn to hip fire while running and jumping. That requires you to unlock the gun runner add-on to the weapon, which allows hip firing while sprinting (I hate playing without it). Shouldn't take too long to get, though.

Also, cloak might be up your alley for getting behind distracted players. Ultimately, the loadouts don't seem to make much difference in finding opportunities for executions, the play style does. Be fast, don't stop, and you're bound to run into enemies shooting at your teammates.

Flanking in titans is really valuable, too. Sometimes I will make an end-around the entire outer edge of the map (Homestead, especially) because my teammates and the enemy team will get into mid-long range shootouts and I can swoop in from the side and doom/execute one of them before they can react.

Rayme

The people that designed, play tested and signed off on Crash Site should not be allowed to work in the games industry again.

Wow, nothing makes an intense back and forth Titan fight more fun than Reapers, said literally no one ever.

I seriously want to meet the person that approved these decisions, as they very clearly have zero comprehension of game design.

I know you think this is some clever heat, but it's just obnoxious. Even if I hated Crash Site and Reapers 100% or something (and it's always worth questioning & talking about), to turn around and say people should lose jobs or are bad leaders & designers over them is some high-powered ignorance. The two or three people you're accidentally referring to are fantastic, hard-working, and have quietly been responsible for much of what we've enjoyed (and I've been lucky to work on) in modern MP shooters since 2007.

Aaaaanyhow.

Fun stuff coming after the Holidays. I've seen people on their holiday vacations still checking stuff in remotely, so it remains a hungry team. ;)

Looking forward to the christmas crowd coming in and seeing the game for their first times. And the slaughter. Lordy the slaughter.

Rayme

Ok having major problems with my connection today, it's been acting up a lot lately and I don't think it's just related to TF2 but hoping maybe someone could help me out. Here's a video of a typical start of a match for me, check out my ping. It'll usually calm down a minute into the match but it's really pissing me off.

My connection on PS4 is 6.3 Mbps down and 716 kbps up. That's more than enough to play games online yet I'm having a nightmare.
Thanks for bringing it up. Connection issues can be infuriating for everyone involved because it's so easy to point fingers at every link in the chain.

...you're probably on a wifi router from 2003, in a lead-walked apartment near a microwave factory. Did I guess right? ;)

Luckily, one of our main networking guys is working on ways to better deal with this stuff (diagnosing issues, etc). Jay might have already talked about it, I'll check when I'm home.

Jito

Banned
I know you think this is some clever heat, but it's just obnoxious. Even if I hated Crash Site and Reapers 100% or something (and it's always worth questioning & talking about), to turn around and say people should lose jobs or are bad leaders & designers over them is some high-powered ignorance. The two or three people you're accidentally referring to are fantastic, hard-working, and have quietly been responsible for much of what we've enjoyed (and I've been lucky to work on) in modern MP shooters since 2007.

Aaaaanyhow.

Fun stuff coming after the Holidays. I've seen people on their holiday vacations still checking stuff in remotely, so it remains a hungry team. ;)

Looking forward to the christmas crowd coming in and seeing the game for their first times. And the slaughter. Lordy the slaughter.

I don't hate Crashsite as much as most people seem to on here but I can't deny there is way too much clutter on the floor on that map, what's the reasoning behind that when all the other maps don't have you getting stuck on bits of geometry as you run about?

Regardless, looking forward to seeing what's coming in the new year, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the whole team at Respawn! Have a good one!

Piiiing spikes!

Please tell me you know what I can do to fix this!!

Thanks for bringing it up. Connection issues can be infuriating for everyone involved because it's so easy to point fingers at every link in the chain.

...you're probably on a wifi router from 2003, in a lead-walked apartment near a microwave factory. Did I guess right? ;)

Luckily, one of our main networking guys is working on ways to better deal with this stuff (diagnosing issues, etc). Jay might have already talked about it, I'll check when I'm home.

Aha I wish it was that simple, it is a wireless router but it's no where near that old, we are using signal booster things around the house which probably don't help out, but it's the only way I can get on as wires are out of the question! They're hopefully taking the microwave factory down any day now...XD

deoee

Aaaaanyhow.

Hey Ray,

any chance you guys will open some merchandise store later down the year? Jay said in the Mountain Dew stream that you guys really missed a chance by not being able to establish something like this, so I guessed that you may have something in the works... :D
After seeing the making of the Pilot-models I really want some of those ^^

Also as I said somewhere in the first OT, people need to stop being rude and insult people they do not know or have a connection with.
Just because something does not float your boat (I don't hate Crash Site, it's a cool map, but not my fav.) doesn't mean the person behind it is incompetent or dumb.

Enjoy the holidays

Ken Adams

Thanks for everything you do and Happy Holidays to all you guys at Respawn. Cant wait for all the things you guys have in store.

Calderc

I think his point needed to be heard and Rayme was 100% right. That type of talk that he quoted should not be tolerated on Gaf.

Trust me, i made that same point and called for civility many, many times in OT1. It just sucks that the only time he posts is in response to shitposts and not hyping the rest of us up like the crack-addled Pilots we are and complimenting my sweet videos. Notice me, Rayme, notice me.

KodaRuss

Trust me, i made that same point and called for civility many, many times in OT1. It just sucks that the only time he posts is in response to shitposts and not hyping the rest of us up like the crack-addled Pilots we are and complimenting my sweet videos. Notice me, Rayme, notice me.

It is probably because you dont have an avatar. May I suggest a picture of our one and only BT-7274

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Legion is so boring to me.

And I played Heavy in TF2 all the time. But ugh having to release is so cumbersome. Like the whole appeal of a minigun is not having to reload.

also why the FUCK are Titans still invuln during executions?

dankir

And I played Heavy in TF2 all the time. But ugh having to release is so cumbersome. Like the whole appeal of a minigun is not having to reload.

I played with him for the first time since the patch.... man oh man he's shield can't take any damage now!! Or at least in the LTS matches I was playing.

KodaRuss

Ronin would be absolutely worthless if you could damage him during executions.

deoee

Otherwise no one would use them and everyone could just eject or exit the Titan

Top Bottom