• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomi Lahren's suspension from The Blaze is "permanent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gg Glenn

Tomi Lahren won't be returning to The Blaze after being "banned permanently" for her pro-choice comments according to a report in The New York Post. 

Lahren, host of Tomi on The Blaze, was suspended earlier this month for comments she made on a March 17 appearance on The View "I can't sit here and be a hypocrite and say I'm for limited government, but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies," Lahren said on The View.

Lahren's comments were widely criticized by conservatives on Twitter and the controversy intensified the day after The View appearance when she sought to defend herself, tweeting: "I have moderate, conservative, and libertarian views. I'm human. I will never apologize, to anyone, for being an independent thinker."

That tweet led to a very public rebuke from The Blaze chief Glenn Beck, who questioned Lahren's intellectual honesty on his radio show. "I would disagree that you're a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn. It's very, very clear," he said. "But it takes intellectual honesty, and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through and to do more than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news and your political opinions."

"I would disagree that you're a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn. It's very, very clear," he said. "But it takes intellectual honesty, and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through and to do more than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news and your political opinions."
Why did he hire her if he knows she's this dumb and doesn't read? Who does this in public about their employees?

(I know the answer.)

Arkeband

Banned
Poor Tommy Lipschitz. She reverted back to her college persona the moment she was amongst other women, and The Blaze can't have that.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Glenn Beck looks so desperate.

Thought he sensed the wind changing, tried to stay relevant, got burned and now he's on the outside looking in.

laughter.gif

I wonder if she has the following or want the host her own channel through patreon, I would think it would be successful.

Super gross that this happened, cool that she spoke her mind, and she'll probably be better off without it. I've always thought that pro life was more of a fundamentalist religious thing, not so much a conservative thing. It just ideologically doesn't add up.

I wonder if there are any other prominent conservatives with more reasonable viewpoints that feel this sort of stress.

Women are nothing more than ornaments to conservatives. The moment they do more than look pretty and speak the party line they become worthless. Only men are allowed to think.

marrec

Banned
Tomato Lavender will be fine. I'm sure Breitbart has a spot for her.

Wouldn't she be tainted by this rejection of rightist ideology? Fox seems like a more likely place for her to land. Hell we'll probably start seeing her more on CNN knowing how they work.

msy.gif

Fail forever, Taxi

Tori Lomein already had a big fanbase, she'll just get taken by another outlet.

Still happy because I know that for an oblivious, privileged woman such as herself, just this level of adversity is probably eating at her soul.

Women are nothing more than ornaments to conservatives. The moment they do more than look pretty and speak the party line they become worthless. Only men are allowed to think.
Pretty much. There's that funny picture for example of Trump and the Freedom Caucus negotiating the health care bill including women's health issues and it's just a room full of men. Hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So much for free speech and all that. The right are hypocrites of the highest order and all the right wing news outlets can burn in a dumpster fire for all I care.

Retro

Now now, let's not overlook their responsibility to breed an army of good little christian soldiers, e.g. those psychotic "quiverfull" people. They need them barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, just like Jesus said. /s

Aurongel

I'm sure Breitbart has an opening for an attractive blonde mouthpiece who appeals to blue collar Americans.

She'll land on her feet.

ReiGun

I would say "Too bad" but it's hard to have sympathy for Tentomon Lumberjack. Went around spreading ignorance and hate, then caught the big L when she stepped out of line. It is what it is.

I'm sure she'll land on her feet somewhere, and The Blaze will just find some other 20-something white woman to take her place.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Teemu lurenennen is having a fun week.

Made she can do a screechingly preachy monolog about it with loads of racist straw men and self righteous false equivalency.

Poor Tomy Lululemon

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Permanent suspension means she's not fired and still under contract so she can't work anywhere else? Poor Tammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom