• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomi Lahren's suspension from The Blaze is "permanent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiffany will most likely just do her own thing now. If she set up some Young Turks type deal she'd probably make decent money off Patreon and/or ad revenue.

Her views make her seem like a horrible person but she's quite fun to hate. I guess its balancing our entertainment of her being a fuck nugget v. how dangerous the bullshit she spreads being,

-edit-
Surprised to see the comments about The Blaze and Beck, are there actually fans of Timon on this forum?

Sethista

I dont understand this allergy people have with people not being on either side.

Dont get me wrong, tomi has some screwed up views on things, but I dont get why its such a big deal when she feels a different way on an issue.

I believe most people are conservatives on some things, and liberal on others. No one (out of the fringes) are just one thing really. But the media, and political parties, make it a war, if you are not on my side, you are the enemy, and all ears close.

For me this is at the center of all the cultural problems everyone faces. communication breakdown

marrec

Banned
I dont understand this allergy people have with people not being on either side.

Dont get me wrong, tomi has some screwed up views on things, but I dont get why its such a big deal when she feels a different way on an issue.

I believe most people are conservatives on some things, and liberal on others. No one (out of the fringes) are just one thing really. But the media, and political parties, make it a war, if you are not on my side, you are the enemy, and all ears close.

For me this is at the center of all the cultural problems everyone faces. communication breakdown

The whole point of being a right-wing media talking head is that you espouse all the most extreme views in a palatable way. If she's out there saying stuff like "keep government out of my womb" that's incompatible with the reason The Blaze ever hired her.

This only helps. She is now a highly sought after free agent and a martyr.

People are really underestimating how many of these conservative sites have a hardline stance on abortion = mankind's greatest sin. She might find a place but it'll be the biggest struggle of her young little life. I suspect more places than Trumpy realizes won't want her around lest they face backlash from their delusional anti-choice consumers who always have spare time to make their opinions known.

If some left-ish media company decides to hire her in the name of feminism and bridging the gap, they deserve all the hate they will get.

Let her scream into her own conservative bubbles.

Lifeline

Hope we all just forget about her. Liberals complaining about her is the reason she became more popular. Don't give her the reactions she's looking for and she'll fade into obscurity.

Women are nothing more than ornaments to conservatives. The moment they do more than look pretty and speak the party line they become worthless. Only men are allowed to think.

Pretty much. Tara Lamadamadingdong will be alright but it's going to be hard joining a conservative company with what she said recently. She's better off yelling in her own studio apartment.

LotusHD

Banned

That's an understatement.

I know it's super unicorn levels of rare to actually happen in our current political climate... But it'd be kind of cool if this maybe... shifts her perspective on a lot of things?

I'm too hopeful for the internet, slay me now

giphy.gif

She'll go the libertarian route and try to build her brand that way. She won't be out of work long. Abortion or not. Someone will pay her for her ability to get clicks.

Slayven

I know it's super unicorn levels of rare to actually happen in our current political climate... But it'd be kind of cool if this maybe... shifts her perspective on a lot of things?

You mean change back, a while ago videos came out of Tomi when she first started and she was a lot more progressive

You mean change back, a while ago videos came out of Tomi when she first started and she was a lot more progressive

I would love to see this too, I guess, but hopefully with a lot more insight actually backing it and not just for the attention. I really think Tomi's rise to prominence was fueled by becoming starstruck at the following she gathered, and how much that following would openly champion her.

In other words, if she does switch back to a more progressive outlook, I really hope she gets in the habit of actually backing it up... Not any of this spit-fire bullshit.

*digging grave*

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Something about the name Tomi Lauren constantly reminds and confuses me with Tommy Wiseau, probably because her first name is a misspelling of "Tommy" and her last name sounds like something Mr. Wiseau would say in The Room, a la "Lauuuuuuuuren."

That actually irks me more than anything. She can't even be genuinely bigoted but wears, supports, and encourages bigotry for the sake of money and fame. Once you abandon dignity and ideals for destructive rhetoric that will boost your career, you turn from human to slug. Think the same thing was the case with Milo.

Rembrandt

Banned
That actually irks me more than anything. She can't even be genuinely bigoted but wears, supports, and encourages bigotry for the sake of money and fame. Once you abandon dignity and ideals for destructive rhetoric that will boost your career, you turn from human to slug. Think the same thing was the case with Milo.

It's hilarious with Milo because even though he's a piece of shit, it seems really obvious that he's using the people that championed him.

NandoGip

Khaled gif.....? Khaled gif......

djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif djkhaledyouplayedyourself.gif

For being pro choice? Considering her audience is hard right........

There are a lot of libertarian type republicans who don't give a shit about abortion, especially in the younger demographics that gravitate to her. She'll do very well for herself, and even far right republicans who disagree with her will still tune in. Her numbers are very impressive and has branched out a bit thanks to The Daily Show and The Breakfast Club.

Pandy

On the one hand fuck you Blaze, but on the other hand fuck you Tomi Lahren.

I'm so conflicted!
'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', doesn't work so neatly when they are both your enemy.

Would be really nice to see TL get into some sort of protracted contract dispute with them over this and bankrupt everyone. That's about as positive an outcome as I could ever see coming from this.

I checked her Twitter the other day, and she was retweeting stuff about how the people who fired her were acting like liberals, so I doubt it.

Finally realising how shit Trump is at doing anything in government besides holding rallies and having people like Tory Lemons backing up every piece of shit Trump rolls out of his ass is just toxic.

TalonJH

On the one hand fuck you Blaze, but on the other hand fuck you Tomi Lahren.

I'm so conflicted!

Why not both?

Understatement

While ranting about Jesse Williams' speech at the BET awards, Lahren said, ”If the [black] victim ended up being unarmed, it certainly wasn't for lack of trying."

Lahren tweeted, ”Meet the new KKK, they call themselves ‘Black Lives Matter' but make no mistake [sic] their goals are far from equality."

In her Behind the Scenes video, Lahren is seen talking to someone off camera. In regards to climate change, she says, ”I talk to a lot of Democrats about that. They're like, ‘But it's freezing, and then it's hot!' And I'm like, ‘Yeah, it's called weather. That's what happens.'"

Lkr

i love that glen beck is taking the "holier than thou" approach to this whole thing because he doesn't have ANY questionable views whatsoever

i still firmly stand behind the belief that none of this shaming would be going on if she were a man, which is deliciously ironic since she doesn't need feminism

Tommy Lorenzo has learned an important lesson. If you are a conservative figure, you have to tow the line...100%. One deviation from that and you're hated by everyone.

mernst23

Toots Lehuhuhuhtherubhive shouldn't have to synchronize her thoughts with glenn beck, but you know, purity tests and all. All in all, all terrible people being negative impacted by this so net win for humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom