• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomi Lahren's suspension from The Blaze is "permanent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

Don't worry, as long as she makes sure to directly incite a harassment campaign against transgender individuals - though other minorities will probably suffice too - the right will rally around her "free speech" again on instinct.

RIP Taemmy Lorenzo, another victim of "deplatforming" at the hands of the tol- the tolera- the right. May her name never be forgotten, but her views definitely forgotten like a snowflake in a furnace.

What does a shitty conservative organization have to do with free speech?

Not in the same universe as free speech. If I wear a "McDonald's SUCKS" shirt to my job at McDonald's, they would probably object. This nimrod is basically saying "pretty much everyone that watches my channel (or whatever the hell The Blaze is) is a hypocrite". Not good for business. Plus she sucks anyway. :)

That's not how free speech works my guy.

The Blaze is a private company, not a government entity.

Poor choice of words on my part. I just meant it's sucks she got fired for probably the one decent thought she's had since she put on the right-wing persona instead of the hateful and ignorant shit she's spewed.

berzeli

Banned
[insert comedic misspelling here] sues Glenn Beck, The Blaze for wrongful termination over pro-choice stance
According to Lahren's lawsuit, filed Friday in Dallas County, The Blaze cancelled Lahren's show after she made the controversial abortion statements last month on The View. But The Blaze wanted to keep paying Lahren, the suit says, "presumably hoping they could find an exit strategy to sanitize their unlawful conduct" in breaking Lahren's two-year employment contract, which was to continue through Sept. 30.
The hubbub surrounding Lahren's comments was "a public smear campaign" orchestrated to "inflate Beck's profile, from what has become a mediocre following, all at [Lahren's] expense," the suit alleges.
The suit also says that The Blaze won't allow Lahren access to her Facebook page, where she has 4.2 million followers, which has "irreparably harmed" Lahren.
Couldn't have happened to nicer people.

[insert comedic misspelling here] sues Glenn Beck, The Blaze for wrongful termination over pro-choice stance

According to Lahren's lawsuit, filed Friday in Dallas County, The Blaze cancelled Lahren's show after she made the controversial abortion statements last month on The View. But The Blaze wanted to keep paying Lahren, the suit says, "presumably hoping they could find an exit strategy to sanitize their unlawful conduct" in breaking Lahren's two-year employment contract, which was to continue through Sept. 30.
The hubbub surrounding Lahren's comments was "a public smear campaign" orchestrated to "inflate Beck's profile, from what has become a mediocre following, all at [Lahren's] expense," the suit alleges.
The suit also says that The Blaze won't allow Lahren access to her Facebook page, where she has 4.2 million followers, which has "irreparably harmed" Lahren.

Couldn't have happened to nicer people.

Let them fight.

TS-08

I'm not surprised she is suing and I thought this might happen. Beck's lawyers will say there is no termination and they are paying her, so there's no damages, but it is arguable that she is suffering harm by not being allowed to work, in that she is not being allowed to increase her profile and may lose out on future work opportunities. That may be hard to quantify but there's an argument.

TS-08

Is the state The Blaze located in a right to work state?

"Right to work" has to be one of the greatest rhetorical feats in political history. I'm always amazed how many people don't understand what it is. Right to work laws have to do with not forcing an employee to pay union dues or join a union if a workforce is unionized. That's not relevant here.

Also, the reason she can potentially obtain relief for a termination or violation of her employment contract is because she actually has a contract for a term of years. She's not at-will.

rjinaz

She isn't getting the offers she had hoped, I bet money.

Turns out, the people on the RIght don't take kindly to that kind of talk. Go figure. So that takes out Fox. She's too extreme for the rest of the big networks. Well other than maybe as a Trump mouth piece non regular. Oops.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"Right to work" has to be one of the greatest rhetorical feats in political history. I'm always amazed how many people don't understand what it is. Right to work laws have to do with not forcing an employee to pay union dues or join a union if a workforce is unionized. That's not relevant here.

Also, the reason she can potentially obtain relief for a termination or violation of her employment contract is because she actually has a contract for a term of years. She's not at-will.

I would be stunned if her contract didn't include some kind of image clause that allows them to terminate her if she damages her own image or the image of the company.

I imagine everyone will settle before it ever gets to court.

TS-08

I would be stunned if her contract didn't include some kind of image clause that allows them to terminate her if she damages her own image or the image of the company.

I imagine everyone will settle before it ever gets to court.

Yes but their position is that they haven't terminated her.

If her contract did contain an image clause, they couldve terminated her contract. But since they havent, that probably means theyre SOL.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yes but their position is that they haven't terminated her.

They should make her show up and do the show but not release them.

If her contract did contain an image clause, they couldve terminated her contract. But since they havent, that probably means theyre SOL.

It could be that a termination would allow her to jump ship somewhere else but this suspension takes her off the table until her contract expires in September plus any kind of non-compete clause that's associated with it.

I'd love to see this contract.

Any pulse checks on whether white feminists are tripping over themselves to defend Tempura?

I would think The Blaze would benefit more from holding her in limbo than terminating her right away. Let her fame die out some before she goes to a competitor.

Socivol

I was asking that specifically about the her being protected by a union. A lot media outlets have unions (Huffington Post, formerly Gawker) I was wondering why she was independently suing him versus a union doing so.

TS-08

I was asking that specifically about the her being protected by a union. A lot media outlets have unions (Huffington Post, formerly Gawker) I was wondering why she was independently suing him versus a union doing so.

No you weren't.

Strike

‘Diva’ Tomi Lahren created ‘toxic atmosphere’ — demanded coworkers heat up her ‘butt pad’: report

Conservative media darling Tomi Lahren “treated staffers with contempt and disdain”—including requiring they “heat up her ‘butt warming pad’”—and seems to “get a high off of creating a hostile work environment,” the Daily Caller reports.

According to “several sources with direct knowledge of the situation,” Lahren was a “diva” who “expected to be treated like a queen.” One source called her demand for the staff to warm a butt pad in the microwave as “dehumanizing.”

“To demand they warm your butt pad is absurd,” the source said.

Lahren also reportedly clashed with other high-profile personalities, and avoided BlazeTV host Dana Loesch—“even refusing to enter the makeup room if Loesh was present.” She also publicly clashed with black BlazeTV host Lawrence Jones, who took issue with Lahren’s characterization of Black Lives Matter as “the new KKK.”

“Even when you wanted to give her a chance, she would go out of her way” to fight with other Blaze employees, one source told the Caller.

Lahren was suspended from The Blaze last month, after telling the hosts of “The View” she’s a pro-choice conservative.

“I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think the government should decide what women do with their bodies,” Lahren said during that interview. “I can sit here and say that, as a Republican and I can say, you know what, I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”

She later filed suit against Glenn Beck and The Blaze, alleging wrongful termination based on her pro-choice views. Beck denied Lahren’s abortion stance was the catalyst for her supension, and counter-sued Lahren, claiming her behavior was the basis for his decision.

“Lahren’s treatment of the floor crew was inappropriate and unprofessional, constantly complaining about everything including but not limited to lighting, room temperature, editing, shooting, directing, etc,” the countersuit reads. “Lahren was divisive and created conflicts with other media personalities at TheBlaze.”

The sources who spoke with the Caller would seem to corroborate the countersuit.

“She’s just not a pro and has ambition above her skill set and attitude,” one source said. “She created a toxic atmosphere and was not easy for people to work with.”

Got

Banned

“She’s just not a pro and has ambition above her skill set and attitude,” one source said.

giphy.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Who would've thunk that such a horrible person on screen could be so horrible off it, too.

Breads

Banned
As much as I would love to revel in the fact that one of biggest critics against "special snowflakes" might actually be one herself the bigger part of me thinks that this diva stuff is just a smear tactic to delegitimize the suit she has against them.

Slayven

As much as I would love to revel in the fact that one of biggest critics against "special snowflakes" might actually be one herself the bigger part of me thinks that this diva stuff is just a smear tactic to delegitimize the suit she has against them.

That is my thoughts too, they trying to poison the well. But on the other hand you get back what you put out in the world

LordKasual

Banned
It is so ironic

that the first thing that comes out of this chicks mouth I can actually agree with

is the thing that gets her fired

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I feel so sorry for Tyranny Legfest.

caliph95

It's so bloody transparent

Breads

Banned
That is my thoughts too, they trying to poison the well. But on the other hand you get back what you put out in the world

For a person who tried to make a name for herself out of mocking and harassing people for their own beliefs I find it too fitting that her career at The Blaze would end because of a belief of her own. This could not have happened to a more deserving person.

Trey

It is exceedingly transparent. The timing of firing her after her interview on the View combined with their statement when relieving her of her duties tells the entire story.

Slacker

Far be it from me to defend anyone at The Blaze, where I would be shocked to find a single decent person, but it seems pretty likely her suit won't go anywhere anyway. They're still paying her through her contract, they just decided they don't want her on the air any longer. Same thing going on over at Fox News with falafel king Bill O'Reilly. Why should they put someone on who thinks their primary audience is a bunch of hypocrites?

All that being said. She had a microwave butt-warmer? And she used it at work? What the what?

Fox Mulder

Let the snowflake hypocrites fight it out. All part if the fun.

She isn't getting the offers she had hoped, I bet money.

Let's be real, she was always just an internet/Facebook star. Her crashing hard on the Daily Show was the beginning of the end for her career.

She might have been a a trajectory to join FOX or one of the other big right wing organisations, but when they saw she couldn't hold her own against someone like Trevor Noah (who went easy on her), what hope did she have against seasoned guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom