• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomi Lahren's suspension from The Blaze is "permanent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
You mean change back, a while ago videos came out of Tomi when she first started and she was a lot more progressive
Here's a link to that in case anyone is interested.

Although from reading the article it sounds like the case may have more been that she was softening up her stances due to the fact that she was on the University run TV station. It sounds like a few of her former classmates said that her responses in classes lined up more with the garbage she spewed on The Blaze.

Meier

No big loss for her. She can just do a Youtube or Facebook show directly or will probably get a gig at Fox or some other place. She has her audience for better or for worse. I doubt she'll lose much of it due to her comments.

I'll never get tired of people purposely misspelling her name.

I will miss the frequent shrill, pro-fascist ravings that were posted on Facebook by my family members with unfortunate intellects.

NH Apache

Banned
No big loss for her. She can just do a Youtube or Facebook show directly or will probably get a gig at Fox or some other place. She has her audience for better or for worse. I doubt she'll lose much of it due to her comments.

I'll never get tired of people purposely misspelling her name.

Unless she signed a non-compete.

I get that you guys don't like her for various reasons, but we had the chance for a prominent conservative figure to bring up a new perspective on abortion rights. People's minds could have been changed, but she just got snuffed by her boss, and simply dismissed by liberals who could agree with her.

We had the chance for progress and conversation, I don't understand demonizing a person, there's better ways to go about it. Be the bigger person.

Rembrandt

Banned
I get that you guys don't like her for various reasons, but we had the chance for a prominent conservative figure to bring up a new perspective on abortion rights. People's minds could have been changed, but she just got snuffed by her boss, and simply dismissed by liberals who could agree with her.

We had the chance for progress and conversation, I don't understand demonizing a person, there's better ways to go about it. Be the bigger person.

Lmao, no, fuck her.

As long as she believes and/or spreads the idea that wearing a BLM shirt is equivalent to rocking a Klan hood, she doesn't get points. The entire reason she was banished is because of the pigheadedness of the audience as much as the people who own the networks. If she changed one conservative's mind about abortion, cool. There are plenty of educated, progressive and self aware people that do the same and much more that I'm willing to give praise to and support and deserve it despite not having TLs popularity. You're free to think that I'm the asshole for not being nicer to TurnUp but I'll always be the bigger man compared to someone who is more than happy to profit off of dangerous and regressive rhetoric. Her lack of sanctuary is of her own design singly.

LionPride

Banned

Isn't she a racist?

Fuck her

Why do liberals always have to be the bigger person?

Sucks for Tan Lawrance

Nah.

While I really get where you're coming from, Tammy doesn't read GAF, and anything said here is trivial in this world.

If people's minds are going to be changed because they're this politically and emotionally invested in a conservative figurehead saying something novel, it's going to come from Tammy herself. We've never had a chance in changing these minds. I want these people to read more books (or, a book at all) with facts.

I get that you guys don't like her for various reasons, but we had the chance for a prominent conservative figure to bring up a new perspective on abortion rights. People's minds could have been changed, but she just got snuffed by# her boss, and simply dismissed by liberals who could agree with her.

She's one of those asshats that thinks BLM is a hate group, fuck her.

Monocle

She got burned by the very fires she helped to stoke. I'm pretty OK with this.

RIP in peace Tomatillo Lolligagaroth.

zero_suit

Nah, she's racist. I'm good.

maybe don't prop up viciously racist people as pro choice republicans. i don't care.

LotusHD

Banned
Isn't she a racist?

Fuck her

Nah, she's racist. I'm good.

maybe don't prop up viciously racist people as pro choice republicans. i don't care.

Lmao, no, fuck her.

As long as she believes and/or spreads the idea that wearing a BLM shirt is equivalent to rocking a Klan hood, she doesn't get points. The entire reason she was banished is because of the pigheadedness of the audience as much as the people who own the networks. If she changed one conservative's mind about abortion, cool. There are plenty of educated, progressive and self aware people that do the same and much more that I'm willing to give praise to and support and deserve it despite not having TLs popularity. You're free to think that I'm the asshole for not being nicer to TurnUp but I'll always be the bigger man compared to someone who is more than happy to profit off of dangerous and regressive rhetoric. Her lack of sanctuary is of her own design singly.

She's one of those asshats that thinks BLM is a hate group, fuck her.

What they said, fuck her.

PixelatedBookake

Recently conservative talking heads like Toothpaste Lipstick and Milo have had their audiences turn on and destroy their platforms. It's like they're their own worse enemy.

MUnited83

For you.

Nah, fuck that.

Recently conservative talking heads like Toothpaste Lipstick and Milo have had their audiences turn on and destroy their platforms. It's like they're their own worse enemy.

when so many of the talking points boil down to hating many things and deifying the human ego, things are rife for infighting.

Was this suspension gender based?

I assume they mean being fired for believing in a woman's right to bodily autonomy, which they are right, shouldn't be a firable offense. That's about as far as I'll go though because not only is every other thing she believes a brand that should in a perfect world make her unhireable but also I'm certian TL is no idiot and should know exactly what the people who signed her checks believe. In the end, there are others out their much more worth my empathy than Tony the Tiger.

Ploid 3.0

Todd Lee should have been stopped when she started at that America First low end news station. Fox had to keep showing her BLM or something rant though, she played Fox like a fiddle. If that skirt only guy was still there she would probably be taking Megan's place.

Not

Banned
They're fine with the racist and homophobic and full-on false stuff she was peddling, but as soon as she stood up for the autonomy of women, uh BYYYEEEE

For being pro choice? Considering her audience is hard right........

People are really underestimating how many of these conservative sites have a hardline stance on abortion = mankind's greatest sin. She might find a place but it'll be the biggest struggle of her young little life. I suspect more places than Trumpy realizes won't want her around lest they face backlash from their delusional anti-choice consumers who always have spare time to make their opinions known.
Lol didn't think about this. She dun goofed.

Not

Banned
Fucking shitheads don't give 2 shits about saving women when they're decrying abortions. They're all about those potential prenatal Bible-backed Boner Commanders

If all babies were female for some reason, uhh "it's hard to understand, but God wants abortions sometimes."

Fuck fucking fucka FUCK these guys. No tears for Tomi, but seriously, FUCK religious conservatives.

cordy

Banned
She'll start changing more of her views within these next few years, guaranteed. All that hanging out with Charlamagne is affecting her lol.

She'll start changing more of her views within these next few years, guaranteed. All that hanging out with Charlamagne is affecting her lol.

LMAO. I mean if she's dedicated to building her brand she has no choice but to now moderate her views. She lost the conservative money.

Hanging out with Charlamagne doesn't pay nearly as well as being racist as fuck nor will she have nearly as big of a fan base.

Though I will admit, I laugh at him and Trevor Noah trippin over themselves to save this blonde girl from her racism.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Man, a lot of the good TL names have been used already.

Toonami Lettuce?
Torrent Land O'Lakes?
Tomi Lahren?

Nah, that last one is too absurd.

ReiGun

I wish there was an easier way to say "permanently banned"...
giphy.gif

Hanging out with Charlamagne doesn't pay nearly as well as being racist as fuck nor will she have nearly as big of a fan base.

Though I will admit, I laugh at him and Trevor Noah trippin over themselves to save this blonde girl from her racism.

Yup. And that's exactly why she's gonna be fine. People in this country are always ready to take a bullet for a pretty white girl.

Why not let her speak and refute her ideas! Muh free speech

Its much easier to silence other's thoughts than to possibly bring challenge to your own beliefs.

That why all my religions friends​ won't even debate me on most topics​ anymore, as I bring logic and facts and they just shrug it off as "Well, I disagree even though I have no info to support my statements."

Aurongel

Its not about being the bigger person when her being off that platform is a net good for all. She might be non-conservative on one very specific stance but having her off that network is a far bigger victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom