• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should make a "Disney Warriors" game: Mickey Musou.

L0G9JjR.gif

I have few complaints about Phantom Blood, mainly Speedwagon. Otherwise it is Bram Stoker's Fist of the North Star.

Battle Tendency...Eh. It's pretty good. Jim Jam bugs me from time to time, he's too good at his job. It's a bit slow to get going after they leave NYC. Speedwagon, teased to be dead, only dies in the final episode, offscreen.

Phantom Blood was pretty damn good. Kinda slipped during the midway mark but picked up the slack for the final 3 episodes. Dio was easily the best aspect of part 1. Battle Tendency was great. Much more memorable than Phantom Blood and was overall much stronger. Can't wait for part 3 to show up.

On a related note I don't get why people hated the dub, I liked the accents. They added to the overall camp factor of the show. That said, the Italian accents were absolute garbage and I'm switching to Japanese the next time either Bryce Papenbrook or Stephanie Sheh do their shitty Italian accent.

There's really only one or two voices/accent that weren't good (Stroheim's energy is nowhere near as high as the JPN one), but otherwise, the dub was better than I was expecting & if anything, added to the campiness by hearing the actual dialogue/describing the insanity in English.

Part 3's test dub was honestly fine for the most part as well. My only nitpick was Abdol's deeper than expected, but still tolerable voice.

First time watching with the dub and it was fine. A couple voices that were awful but nothing to ruin the whole thing.

They were good. A mixture between campy and awesome.

I'm glad to see JoJo get unanimous appreciation from you guys.

I think Part 3 will be well-received and maybe partially divisive since it has its fair share of problems.
But it's an absolute blast as long as you don't overthink it too much and accept that Araki wants to tell the most over-the-top road trip ever.

Morlas

We need another mindless action show from the megas guys, Genndy has already proven that those creators from back in the day with the talent they have can still create successful action shows

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.

You know, as much as I like the art of some of the darker Zelda games, I always really liked the art of Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

C9sr_JA_UIAAVVj0.jpg

C9sr_JBHVo_AAf_Ukp.jpg

There's this really nice softness to it that makes me smile.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know, as much as I like the art of some of the darker Zelda games, I always really liked the art of Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

C9sr_JA_UIAAVVj0.jpg

C9sr_JBHVo_AAf_Ukp.jpg

There's this really nice softness to it that makes me smile.

Those were fun games. I kinda wish for an HD version for the Switch. I'd buy that, I'd buy that day 0.

Those were fun games. I kinda wish for an HD version for the Switch. I'd buy that, I'd buy that day 0.

I wouldn't mind that. It would take a bit of work making a version like that since these are Game Boy Color games after all.

Either way, I have both on my 3DS I can play eventually if it never happens, which is fine by me.

Morlas

It might be recent hype but i think BotW will be my best zelda game until nintendo makes a better open world one, because i enjoy playing through it just as much as my other faves, Skyward Sword and OOT, but it's way more replayable to me.

It might be recent hype but i think BotW will be my best zelda game until nintendo makes a better open world one, because i enjoy playing through it just as much as my other faves, Skyward Sword and OOT, but it's way more replayable to me.

I could definitely see myself going back and finding more shrines and stuff (since I beat BotW a while back) once I beat more games that I'm interested in like Persona 5 and Horizon that I'm currently playing and need to get to.

So many new games this year plus my backlog makes playing games I've already beaten a bit more unlikely to happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't say this lightly but Breath of the Wild is the best game ever made and likely the best game that will ever be made.

Morlas

I know that people tell me not to preorder, but i always feel safe preordering nintendo consoles, they haven't let me down yet in terms of games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
where's my additional cups, nintendo? i'm single, so where's my new single player content?

I already had the DLC for the Wii U version, so I'll wait a bit on Deluxe since Puyo Puyo Tetris (....another game I already have via Vita import) is out the same week & I need to start managing my budget for FE Echoes & all the Fall games. Though it's great they addressed the one major complaint about MK8 to make a great game even better.

Ray Down

Banned
I don't even want to begin talking about what my favorite game is, I can't even narrow it down to what was the best game on a system.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really enjoyed BotW but I'm not so head over heels for it like some here. Its an incredible game in a lot of areas and many other games could learn from it but I was also pretty lukewarm on a lot of aspects. For example the climbing was incredibly open and allowed for all kinds of exploration but the actual act of climbing and the game play around did little for me.

Jarate

Banned
not really

The game was literally designed around being an open world game. Saying it would be better as a linear game is essentially like saying it would be better as a fps. It means literally nothing and is a statement that doesn't really add anything to the world.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
you know what the ultimate open world game is?

real life

too bad some of the mechanics suck & take so long to get patched

i don't even know what i'm talking about anymore

"Zelda" is literally an open world series and always has been since the 1980s.
Hyrule Warriors is my favorite open world zelda

....& I guess one could argue Zelda 2 is rather linear due to the layout of the map & how you progress through the game, despite still having an overworld map to which you can explore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom