• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sorry. It's just that I don't want to eat people anymore sis."

giphy.gif

PixelatedBookake

Its really boring when you have healing, nigh-invincible characters as protagonists because it doesn't matter if they get impaled or whatever and it feels like there aren't any stakes for the viewer because they're fighting for characters we don't care about.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's weird, I've read this part and yet it all feels off. Like the order is off and there's missing scenes.

cntr

Banned
It was probably the most mature thing on the block outside of HxH and GitS.
One Piece isn't that mature. It's good at getting emotional reactions, but it's a really goofy and straight-forward series. Not a bad thing, but there are more mature shows.
Also, the stupid outfits Oda sticks Nami in are more than enough to steal several maturity points, and that is a bad thing.

...definitely way more mature than Naruto or anime Tokyo Ghoul, though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghouls age?

YEaaah I'm not sure what's different between them and humans other than they need to eat humans to survive and they have black eyes and do the whole weapon thing.

I think they also reproduce differently.

You know if you guys grew up on mean streets and had to eat someone once, maybe you could relate.

But it's okay, let's not judge each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom