• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Maybe everyone in France has a giant forehead? :eek:
Also, I think I read somewhere that it was CN highest rated show at one point .

Not Coach McGurk up there looks pretty normal! I guess it's just an awkward Teen thing...
It's cool if it was a highest rater for a time, back when the network ran shows that lasted 30 min and didn't run single shows for a majority of their live hours...

ash is 10

It's amazing how many people and places he's experienced in the SAME YEAR of his life! I often feel like anime characters must go on to have really boring continual years, after the small snippets of life full of such exciting adventures.

That's something that always makes Dragonball feel special to me, in that it keeps the world and protagonist teeming for the kind of things they saw in their youth. The whole course of the country, world, universe, and now even every plain of existence, has been effected by our original protagonist and her friends.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can't Lusamine be a Trainer?

GNvr6It.gif

bigkrev

Hey is anyone reading the Promised Neverland, its a new manga by Shonen jump and I personally think its really well written

I haven't read it (or any of the other jump titles) since... October?

I'm more into American comics right now, especially now that Marvel has decided to give a shit about X-men again

cntr

Banned
Ash is a Lord of Cinder who has linked the flame and become immortal and unchanging, sustained by its light for all eternity.

Duh.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Twintelle just reminds me of that main female from Ladies Vs. Butlers because holy hell that hair.

375.gif

also holy crap, it was hard to find an image/gif that made me feel safe posting it on gaf.

cntr

Banned
Toei still animates specific moments well, because nobody would watch otherwise.

But it's still pretty bad overall. Especially once you take pacing and stuff into account.

https://soundcloud.com/toonamishowdown/showdown012

5/13/17 - In Which We Do Not Discuss Lupin III

"This week, we do not, in fact, discuss that Lupin III news because we recorded this the day before and we're sorry okay. But we do make timely cartoon references, crack impenetrable wrestling jokes, discuss what happened IN THE MANGA, fight over our Samurai Jack ships, and envy that one guy's food Gundam. Also, the inherent racism of marketing and the French New Wave."

We go pretty in-depth on this Samurai Jack episode and the way the show as a whole writes its characters this week.

yeah promised neverland is pretty good, can't wait til' the kids get a 5 year timeskip and get anime powers.

That's pretty much everyone's fear about the manga in the back of our minds. Will it Jump the Shark and go Shounenesq; or will it decide to go towards a survival type manga with generally strategic non-powered "battles" to for survival.

cntr

Banned
Yeah that's why I'm putting off reading it, waiting to hear if it'll stick the landing or if it'll all go to crap.

Jump's already had series like Death Note, so they don't have to change it up. And Neverland's already one of their most popular new series as it is.

Really oughta read that alongside MHA

Kinda funny thing about this HxH pushback is that it's coincidentally right after the scenes which concluded the TV run of the 1999 anime

Yeah that's why I'm putting off reading it, waiting to hear if it'll stick the landing or if it'll all go to crap.

Jump's already had series like Death Note, so they don't have to change it up. And Neverland's already one of their most popular new series as it is.

Already on selling on par with Black Clover, so yeah biggest new title since...Boku on Hero Academia.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia, Haikyuu, and The Promised Neverland seem like they're going to be the highest quality of the new popular Jump series. Maybe also Hungry Marie and Dr. Stone out of the newest series, but I haven't been keeping up with them.

...on the other hand, Jump only has three "old" series at this point, lol. Gintama's in its final arc, so until Togashi returns, only One Piece remains out of old Jump.

My Hero Academia, Haikyuu, and The Promised Neverland seem like they're going to be the highest quality of the new popular Jump series. Maybe also Hungry Marie and Dr. Stone out of the newest series, but I haven't been keeping up with them.

...on the other hand, Jump only has three "old" series at this point, lol. Gintama's in its final arc, so until Togashi returns, only One Piece remains out of old Jump.

Hungry Marie is on possible life support if Jump decides to Axe 3 series this round (I'm guessing they will be axing Poro and U19 early june. And giving Hungry, We Never Learn and possibly Robot until Late July/ Early Aug to either get better rankings or have 1st good volume sales). Stone should be safe for awhile unless it decides to nosedive and trade places with one of those later three.

Huh, didn't know the rankings got so bad.

Last issues rankings:
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Cover, Lead CP)
1.My Hero Academia
2.The Promised Neverland
3.Black Clover
4.Dr. Stone
Haikyu!! (CP)
5.Kimetsu no Yaiba
6.Spring Weapon No. 1
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
7.Hinomaru Zumou
8.Samon the Summoner
Watashi no Cherry Boyfriend (CP, One Shot)
9.Robot x Laserbeam
10.Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
11.We Never Learn
12.Hungry Marie
13.Gintama
14.U19
15.Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Absent: One Piece

Yeah it's been quite bad for the six newcomers outside of Dr. Stone.

cntr

Banned
ouch.

...I should read Kimetsu no Yaiba sometime because it ranks in the top 5 consistently, and I really want to know why. I've never seen anyone talk about it, negative or positive.

cntr

Banned
No idea, but yeah that's what I usually hear, that it's forgettable.

I've heard very good things about Yaiba from the few people who've read it, though.

Chase17

Robo :(
ouch.

...I should read Kimetsu no Yaiba sometime because it ranks in the top 5 consistently, and I really want to know why. I've never seen anyone talk about it, negative or positive.
I caught up with it the other week. It's pretty good. Likeable protagonist, solid supporting cast, decent world building, interesting "main catch". The last major arc took things to a higher level and I'm hoping it stays there. It does have Inosuke who is one of my favorite characters in jump right now. Such a goofy all out personality with that boar mask makes me laugh way too much.

cntr

Banned
That's good to hear.

You know, it's kind of nice that all of Jump's most popular series are pretty good. Black Clover's the worst out of the lot, and even that's fairly inoffensive. There's nothing Naruto-tier bad anymore. And its three most popular series are all pretty great!

Is Hinomaru Zumou any good?

I never hear anyone discuss it, which makes me think it's rather forgettable.

Its a good sports series imo

That's pretty much everyone's fear about the manga in the back of our minds. Will it Jump the Shark and go Shounenesq; or will it decide to go towards a survival type manga with generally strategic non-powered "battles" to for survival.

I honestly would't made it, the characters are up against demonic like beings so giving them Shonen like powers isn't too out there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Last issues rankings:
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Cover, Lead CP)
1.My Hero Academia
2.The Promised Neverland
3.Black Clover
4.Dr. Stone
Haikyu!! (CP)
5.Kimetsu no Yaiba
6.Spring Weapon No. 1
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
7.Hinomaru Zumou
8.Samon the Summoner
Watashi no Cherry Boyfriend (CP, One Shot)
9.Robot x Laserbeam
10.Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
11.We Never Learn
12.Hungry Marie
13.Gintama
14.U19
15.Demon Prince Poro's Diaries
Chronicle of Isobe ~Life is Hard~

Absent: One Piece

Yeah it's been quite bad for the six newcomers outside of Dr. Stone.
I still love that a series called "Robot x Laserbeam" is, as you might suspect, about high school kids playing golf.

cntr

Banned
It'a also by the guy who did Kuroko's Basketball aka super saiyan basketball, so I'm 100% sure it's going to be about hitting golf balls like lasers.

bigkrev

You ever checked out Runaways or Chew

I love Runaways, and I'm shocked it hasn't been made into a movie or TV series yet. The first volume and the last volume (deleting all the vampire filler) would make a perfect self contained film.

Sad that Poro is dying a death in Jump. It's super moe and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom