• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MayJun17| WE ARE ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Lisanna at least actually has an actual dynamic with Natsu. Hinata's big claim to shame was having a crush and getting her ass kicked by Neji.

Like, I know more stuff comes up in this arc, but I always found Hinata's popularity really perplexing.

She has no dynamic with Natsu today, its all flashback stuff that we barely see.

Since she came back she doesn't fight transforms into useless I'm a cute kitty girl, she really doesn't have a relationship with Natsu I mean you think it be significant that she alive again but nothing is done with her (one of her only big moments since being brought back is her and Natsu being naked in a jail cell) she really does nothing with her older siblings.

She a character that did more dead then she did when she was alive.

cntr

Banned
Roman numerals in general are also really weird. You would think XCIX would just be IC.
The Romans would've written 99 as LXXXXVIIII instead of XCIX, but we use the weird subtraction thing today 'cause medieval scribes were too lazy to write all that out.

So I was talking to a friend who just beat Persona 5.

He said he felt the game kinda crumbles towards the end.

That's always an unfortunate feeling, especially when it's a long ass game.

caliph95

So I was talking to a friend who just beat Persona 5.

He said he felt the game kinda crumbles towards the end.

That's always an unfortunate feeling, especially when it's a long ass game.
Not sure about 5 but it was the opposite for three though the middle of the game i didn't care for

cntr

Banned
One of my friends thought Persona 5 has a really good ending, so ymmv there probably.

(He doesn't think that highly of the plot overall though, especially since he played Nier: Automata around the same time.)

caliph95

One of my friends thought Persona 5 has a really good ending, so ymmv there probably.

(He doesn't think that highly of the plot overall though, especially since he played Nier: Automata around the same time.)
Hot takes and only played 3 and 4 but both of these plot weren't that strong either and while people say 3 was more interesting it also had bad pacing storywise because there were big parts where you do nothing but get to a top floor why "idk it does something i guess, it's there might as well fight bosses" it was everything else like the characters and SL that made up for it.
Everybody is allowed to have an opinion, even if it's wrong.
Nah clearly needs to have his palace invaded

Morlas

Don't make me bring out my shipping charts i warn you i'll do it!

latest

caliph95

Persona 3 pacing makes Tron Legacy pacing look good.
P4 is more repttive but has better pacing, in 3 while i like the game there would be months where the plot stops and you have nothing to do than wait for the story to get back and get a plot dump
Doesn't help that tartaros is the worst dungeon

Also this another thing i didn't care for the management of the female relationships though i heard the Femmc was better in this regard
Don't make me bring out my shipping charts i warn you i'll do it!

latest
1475236296964.gif

Iunderstoodthatreference.avi?

I left off where the group go have an anime beach episode
Guess you missed the
"woman?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh god, that's right, next year there's gonna be a Battle Angel movie by Hollywood.....

....produced by James Cameron & directed by Robert Rodriguez.

I'm just amazed that after all these years, Cameron has somehow convinced a studio to let him spend 200 million on the film due to how much he really enjoyed the series. Especially when you consider it doesn't have the same name appeal as Ghost in the Shell or Dragon Ball.

...so what're the chances Toonami will promote it?

caliph95

oh god, that's right, next year there's gonna be a Battle Angel movie by Hollywood.....

....produced by James Cameron & directed by Robert Rodriguez.

I'm just amazed that after all these years, Cameron has somehow convinced a studio to let him spend 200 million on the film due to how much he really enjoyed the series. Especially when you consider it doesn't have the same name appeal as Ghost in the Shell or Dragon Ball.

...so what're the chances Toonami will promote it?
James Cameron movies make more money than small countries he made two of the biggest movies in history Titanic and Avatar, as well as two well known and succesful sequel classics Aliens and made Terminator, as far as studios concerned he can do whatever he wants

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My bad, for some reason, I was confusing him with Ridley Scott & the fact he worked on recent stuff like Alien Covenant, being one of those "lost their touch" directors.

I guess at the most, it'll be another Avatar, a film that in all honesty is just okay & kind of forgettable. Assuming it actually comes out next year.

cntr

Banned
If you adjust for inflation, Avatar and Titantic are still two of the highest grossing films ever at second and fourth place.

(Gone With The Wind still number one, though.)

Fairy Tail never really has awesome story highs like Naruto does, but I was never actively bored reading FT the way I was during long stretches of Naruto. Say what you will about FT but unlike Naruto in any random arc there is a good chance your favorite character will get a moment to look awesome and win a fight and not just stand on the side watching Naruto/Sauske do 90% of the work.

cntr

Banned
I guess at the most, it'll be another Avatar, a film that in all honesty is just okay & kind of forgettable. Assuming it actually comes out next year.
The worldbuilding stuff was really cool, especially the biology bits, and I liked that a lot, but the actual plotline was pretty eh, yeah.

Raxus

Fairy Tail never really has awesome story highs like Naruto does, but I was never actively bored reading FT the way I was during long stretches of Naruto. Say what you will about FT but unlike Naruto in any random arc there is a good chance your favorite character will get a moment to look awesome and win a fight and not just stand on the side watching Naruto/Sauske do 90% of the work.

As much shit as I give Fairy Tail, pacing was never an issue for the series. And it made use of its cast. For better or worse.

As much shit as I give Fairy Tail, pacing was never an issue for the series. And it made use of its cast. For better or worse.

Exactly

FT also didn't feel compelled to switch who it's main antagonist was 4 times during the final arc. Course the defeat of said main antagonist was typical bland ft bad guy beat down.

caliph95

My bad, for some reason, I was confusing him with Ridley Scott & the fact he worked on recent stuff like Alien Covenant, being one of those "lost their touch" directors.

If you adjust for inflation, Avatar and Titantic are still two of the highest grossing films ever at second and fourth place.

(Gone With The Wind still number one, though.)
Lol fair enough i was just surprised at your confusion but yeah Cameron "Record Breakin" Cameron can easily convince any studio to give him a blank check and considering how successful he is and infrequent studios probably wish they could give him money.

cntr

Banned
Ridley Scott saved up and spent all his good movie power on The Martian, that's why all his other new movies are bad.

caliph95

While i would say its entertaining and made good popcorn bullshit fun is it really awesome if the fights themselves are shit and underwhelming as well as bullshit
Ridley Scott saved up and spent all his good movie power on The Martian, that's why all his other new movies are bad.
Considering Alien Covenant he probably spent it all
The worldbuilding stuff was really cool, especially the biology bits, and I liked that a lot, but the actual plotline was pretty eh, yeah.
Well it did get applause at cinemas and it was great film technically which is Cameron forte and honestly one of the better 3D experience even if the actual film isn't great

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I have little to no faith that Robert Rodriguez can do BAA any justice even with Cameron's help. Dude would have been better helming a Blade of Immortal as that is at least more in his wheel house.

caliph95

I missed a night of Fairy Tail talk?!?
Typical FT fights:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
More FT bullshit:
Another Erza classic, this dude Azuma was stronger and beating her even hit her with his strongest attack but:
giphy.gif

Erza's fine and somehow even though he was stronger than their strongest members on the island
Why:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

FRIENDSHIP

There is also this classic for the bullshit where they won because the bad guy couldn't even handle their friendship i wish i was joking:
giphy.gif

after all that when at this he is stronger than all of them combined since they have no energy left what does he do

giphy.gif

HE FUCKING GIVES UP!!! because their friendship was too strong

cntr

Banned
Pretty much any fandom for anything is crap. Stick to a small community or room if you want to talk about something.

caliph95

Okay who has best girls. Bleach, Naruto or Fairy Tail

My vote is Bleach
None of them, they all have problems with female characters, though FT tries to have them relevant too bad for its fan service and it none well written
though FT has the THICCest except for its loli bait

cntr

Banned
All three of them have a handful of characters that're good to alright and a horde of eh to awful characters.

Naruto probably could've had a great cast all around if Kishimoto hadn't ignored everyone, though.

Regiruler

The Romans would've written 99 as LXXXXVIIII instead of XCIX, but we use the weird subtraction thing today 'cause medieval scribes were too lazy to write all that out.

At least with the original roman way there would be only one way to represent a number. You have to remember so many abstract rules to use the subtraction system, which a great argument for why we don't use roman numerals anymore in casual use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom