• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump and Cruz are now tied in Texas (new poll).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

It's pretty much over for Cruz if he loses Texas. I just saw this new information and it shows Trump and Cruz tied...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/elections/cruz-trump-tied-in-wfaa-texas-poll/55007805

DALLAS - Six days before Super Tuesday, Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are now tied in Texas, according to a new public opinion poll commissioned by WFAA-TV.

Cruz and Trump both had 32 percent support from likely and actual GOP primary voters, with a 3.9 percent margin of error.

It is the most recent survey of Texas voters and the first one to show Cruz no longer leading in his home state.
draft

“He’s fading,” said Cal Jillson, professor of political science at Southern Methodist University, of Ted Cruz’s candidacy. “Trump has proven to be stronger and more resilient than anyone expected.”

Marco Rubio is a distant third in the WFAA Texas TEGNA poll with 17 percent, John Kasich has 6 percent, Ben Carson has 5 percent and another 5 percent of respondents remain undecided, the poll revealed.

The poll, conducted by SurveyUSA on February 21 and 22, interviewed 1,750 adults across the state using a mix of phone calls and internet surveys. It was completed after the South Carolina Republican primary but before the Nevada Republican caucuses.

The WFAA Texas TEGNA poll breaks down the Republican electorate even further to show Cruz narrowly leads Trump among Texas's Hispanic/Latino population, 34 percent to 27 percent.

Cruz has a wide lead over Trump among Texas evangelicals, 42 percent to 28 percent.

The senator overwhelmingly leads Trump among those who are members of the tea party, 62 percent to 21 percent.

It also shows Clinton destroying Sanders in Texas, but that isn't really news I suppose.

Blader

If Trump clinches Texas and Florida, it's over. Cruz doesn't really have a path to the nom anyway and winning those two states would effectively close whatever window is left for Rubio.

One of the pundits on MSNBC last night was stating that early voting was huge in Texas and might provide a buffer for Cruz against people changing their minds to Trump late.

But it would be cool to see Cruz lose his own state, if that were to happen.

One of the pundits on MSNBC last night was stating that early voting was huge in Texas and might provide a buffer for Cruz against people changing their minds to Trump late.

But it would be cool to see Cruz lose his own state, if that were to happen.

Yeah apparently 55% do early voting and republicans are more likely to early vote. It's going to be glorious if Trump wins Texas.

I seriously want Cruz out of the picture more than any other candidate.
I don't care if he is not electable by the majority of the US, I just don't want to risk it.
The dude is pure evil.

The 3-5-2-2-2-3-3-3-2-3 strategy is gonna pay off for Rubio any day now.

1d334575596e8d86f138dbeac3b7fe668a25111231408bfc280aeb3aac8146a4.jpg

antonz

One thing Republicans are good at is eventually throwing in their support when it comes down to the end. Trump has made it abundantly clear he isn't a flash in the pan or any of that so a time passes more and more of the republicans will fall in line with him even if they have to hold their nose. Much like Democrats who can't stand Hillary but will vote for her.

Would be good for people to not sit around and think Hillary has an easy ride in front of her. Way too many have already called the election.

120v

trump isn't winning here. state is cruz country through and through. but says a lot that he's competitive

pirata

At this point, the Republican race is one of the best examples of the expression "pick your poison" I've ever encountered. Three delicious flavors of evil!

It's unfortunate that most democrats in this state aren't feeling the Bern. Oh, well. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom