• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to widow of dead Sargent: 'He knew what he signed up for'

FUCKK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh for fuck's sake. They're officially making it about her.

I better not start seeing any Trump-ites in my area who are now out to protest/annoy/mess with my Congresswoman.

Fuck Kelly too, can't believe I thought just yesterday that he'd be angry at Trump bringing up his dead son. Now I see he's just as much of a snake as everyone else in that administration.

Maybe the spouse should tell off Trump herself. On Twitter. No congresswoman. No press. Just her. Call him out on his lying and disrespect and get it out.

Can’t blame media or politician. Just widow vs lying sociopath president.

Unfortunately, that's how he gets away with stuff like this. What grieving widow wants to get involved into a public argument like this? What journalist would want to extend this grief and amplify it by asking for comment?

He's like a predator that preys on decency, sympathy, and shame. Those are weaknesses to him.

Opto

Banned
Today I'm pretty sure we now know John Kelly won't smack Trump's hand going for the football. It's a trash administration, propagated by trash americans.

Oersted

Unfortunately, that's how he gets away with stuff like this. What grieving widow wants to get involved into a public argument like this? What journalist would want to extend this grief and amplify it by asking for comment?

He's like a predator that preys on decency, sympathy, and shame. Those are weaknesses to him.

He gets away with it because of Republicans and Fox News. Their only principle is having power.

Maybe the spouse should tell off Trump herself. On Twitter. No congresswoman. No press. Just her. Call him out on his lying and disrespect and get it out.

Can’t blame media or politician. Just widow vs lying sociopath president.

She’s trying to bury her husband who can’t even have an open casket funeral. She’s in no shape to do that. That’s why her Rep, who was there, is speaking up.

The Trump administration directs it sharpest, most contemptuous language at NFL players, Jemelle Hill, Frederica Wilson, John Lewis, Obama, and Hillary Clinton.

It’s such a focused attack on black people and their allies, it blows your mind to think about how blatant it is. It’s literally a cultural war on black and brown people, lead from the White House. No shame about it, either.

Fuck!

Herne

82m3qfd.jpg

Saw this on the Guardian.

Yudoken

Same could be said about him...

This guy is just the dumbest deplorable snowflake on earth and with a little hate speech, help from mother Russia and friends he got elected and still acts like a complete moron.

Jail sentence is least what he and everyone involved should get for everything they've done so far.
How much proof do they need for their criminal behaviour and their complete lack of empathy and common sense and decency?

It’s such a focused attack on black people and their allies, it blows your mind to think about how blatant it is. It’s literally a cultural war on black and brown people, lead from the White House. No shame about it, either.

Fuck!
It's incredibly transparent at this point and it needs to be called out.

Balphon

A very interesting point made in this thread.

https://twitter.com/speechboy71/status/921182603167887361

Whether he intended to or not, he clearly messed up on that call and yet no attempt to rectify it by anyone at the WH.

There can't be much legitimate doubt that Trump approached this call with the same cavalier boorishness with which he approaches every other aspect of his political and personal lives.

Anyone suggesting to the contrary is likely already predisposed towards defending Trump regardless of the facts.

Regardless of how wrong Trump and his cronies are about this situation, it will only be used to further solidify the right and push people on the fence further towards it. It’s 100% playing to people’s emotions in the most extortionist way possible. I honestly don’t know how the Dems can get the blame in every single situation.

finowns

I feel sympathy for Kelly's loss but after reading his comments he has no credibility with me, he brought up his son's name in defense of Trump. And, I could be wrong, he seemed to take a dig at the Khan family.

roknin

Fuck!

Been thinking the same thing every single day. It is absolutely fucking disgusting and it just infuriates me every single day.

Racist ass piece of tangerine-tinted garbage in the Whole House.

partime

HAHA, heard
"We all knew what we were signing up for" from Witcher 3 just now to Ciri in mourning.
Different scenario because they were friends grieving together, but thought it was funny.

Ombra

Am I the only one who noticed Kelly kinda acknowledged he holds similar beliefs to Bannon? The "women" used to be sacred thing was already amusing based on his bosses own words, but What was that "religion" used to be sacred thing?

That was more telling to me than anything else he said.

Steel

Banned
Am I the only one who noticed Kelly kinda acknowledged he holds similar beliefs to Bannon? The "women" used to be sacred thing was already amusing based on his bosses own words, but What was that "religion" used to be sacred thing?

That was more telling to me than anything else he said.

Woman sacred thing isn't surprising, he was one of the people that opposed women serving in combat roles. The religion was probably in reference to the victim complex that Christians seem to have fueled by fox news war on Christmas bs.

Dude Abides

Banned
Kelly is garbage. If he had any integrity he'd have resigned after Trump exploited his son. He's probably high on the media fellating him as America's savior, sadly echoed in this thread to some extent.

Ithil

A very interesting point made in this thread.

https://twitter.com/speechboy71/status/921182603167887361

Whether he intended to or not, he clearly messed up on that call and yet no attempt to rectify it by anyone at the WH.

This is the result of the WH position of "Trump is always, always, always right and never does anything wrong ever. Nothing is his fault, everyone else is to blame". This is the position Trump takes in life, but it shouldn't mean his administration does it too.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is the result of the WH position of "Trump is always, always, always right and never does anything wrong ever. Nothing is his fault, everyone else is to blame". This is the position Trump takes in life, but it shouldn't mean his administration does it too.

TRUMP MEANT TO SHOOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT!

All POTUS had to do when this started was have his comms staff put out a message that was basically this:

1. No disrespect was intended
2. Sgt. Johnson was a hero for the work he did in his community and for serving the country
3. Something about unifying the country

This wouod be muted or ovee

Ithil

All POTUS had to do when this started was have his comms staff put out a message that was basically this:

1. No disrespect was intended
2. Sgt. Johnson was a hero for the work he did in his community and for serving the country
3. Something about unifying the country

This wouod be muted or ovee

That would involve admitting he was wrong, which he he can't do.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So he did say it, but they are deflecting that away.. Kelly all but admitted he said it.

A basic human response would be to say "I'm sorry I offended Ms. Johnson".

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

*Trump launch nukes on a foreign country*
Trump administration's excuse : "Hey, it's not our fault if millions of innocents died! They just had to get out of their country if they wanted to live."

So, John Kelly's account yesterday of Congresswoman Wilson's "empty barrel" grandstanding and taking credit for "getting the money" for an FBI building was a complete and total lie.

The Sun Sentinel found footage of the speech.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/94925992-132.html

Absolutely outrageous and infuriating.

I mean, the money was appropriated for that building before Wilson was even in Congress. It was an egregious lie.

DMl6P3iX0AAGVh3.jpg:large

This is what Kelly said.

In reality she told a nice bipartisan story about working with John Boehner and Marco Rubio to quickly get the building named after two fallen FBI agents.

Top Bottom