• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump told Putin that some in the US were “exaggerating” how much Russia interfered

mnannola

I just can't understand how much Republicans have flipped on their views of Russia just becuase the President has a boner for them now. I hope Trump wakes up tomorrow and starts praising North Korea just to see Republicans come out in favor of them.

"You know Kim Jong Un isn't really so bad actually. I'm glad the President has realized we need to work with them, not against them." - GOP fuckface

"We appreciate the Presidents courage in reaching out to North Korea in order to form a bond." Paul Ryan

Absolutely shameful.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I just can't understand how much Republicans have flipped on their views of Russia just becuase the President has a boner for them now.

Well, there was a lot of preconditioning thanks to Fox and its ilk. Putin was their counter-point to Obama.

Zolo

Well, there was a lot of preconditioning thanks to Fox and its ilk. Putin was their counter-point to Obama.

Yeah. I know some people say people are like that already, but networks like Fox News definitely help to elevate the issue and create a much bigger 'us vs them' narrative.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
trump-putin-puppet.jpg

He doesn't realize that there's still a crowd laughing just like at the WH Correspondent's Dinner but instead of just the people in that room and watching that event on TV, it's the entire world, and he dragged millions of Americans into his experience of being humiliated.

jelly

I just can't understand how much Republicans have flipped on their views of Russia just becuase the President has a boner for them now. I hope Trump wakes up tomorrow and starts praising North Korea just to see Republicans come out in favor of them.

"You know Kim Jong Un isn't really so bad actually. I'm glad the President has realized we need to work with them, not against them." - GOP fuckface

"We appreciate the Presidents courage in reaching out to North Korea in order to form a bond." Paul Ryan

Absolutely shameful.

I think Russia is a wet dream to some Republicans. Dictatorship, White, Christian, fuck the poor, oligarchs, ruling class unopposed and what regulation except stuff that keeps the rich in power and getting richer. They are jealous of what Putin does. That's the America Republicans want.

Zolo

I think Russia is a wet dream to some Republicans. Dictatorship, White, Christian, fuck the poor, oligarchs, ruling class unopposed and what regulation except stuff that keeps the rich in power and getting richer. They are jealous of what Putin does. That's the America Republicans want.

Polls have shown that Russia's still unpopular among the Republican base, but yeah. It's gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years. The worst part is that indicates that it's not as if people don't think that Russia didn't interfere. They believe Russia interfered and are glad for it.

Zolo

Doesn't "exaggerating" mean: "there was something, but not as bad as they say."?

So he did admit it?

Yeah. They're at the admitting stage, but he's still trying to portray it as generic spy stuff and also not as specifically trying to help him.

Edit: Basically normalizing what happened.

CNN said he was Presidential today. Everyone is losing their god damn mind. Yet little ol' me can see through this shit.

Many of you seem to have this incredible inability of differentiating an organization (CNN) and an individual (person on CNN at any given moment).

CNN doesn't really say anything unless they issue a statement as an organization. Individual commentators say stuff all the time.

MazeHaze

Banned
Don't forget the part about wanting to kill all the gay people. Russia hates gay people.

Beartruck

Absolutely shameful.

Senate voted 97-3 to continue Russian sanctions and take them out of Trump's hands. Republicans don't like Russia either, they're just being quiet about it since Trump is a big fan.

superbeau

Neo Member
Look I know Trump has fans here so I really want to ask, how much is to much.

How much corruption, stupidity, and darn near treason does he have to display for you to admit this made our country worse.

I won't even fight you on it. Just reply with why you still support him.

Many of you seem to have this incredible inability of differentiating an organization (CNN) and an individual (person on CNN at any given moment).

CNN doesn't really say anything unless they issue a statement as an organization. Individual commentators say stuff all the time.

Very true. It was Van Jones and very unfortunately, Fareed Zakaria who said that Trump had become the President after approving the bombing of a Syrian airfield. I suspect they both deeply regret it now.

Okay, so now that he
allegedly
acknowledges the actual threat, which measures and policies is he putting in place RIGHT NOW to prevent meddling in the 2018 elections and beyond? Which Trump operatives will come forward to cooperate willingly and openly with the House and Senate investigations into the extent of the attacks? How will Russia be made to feel the consequences of its actions?

*crickets*

MazeHaze

Banned
Very true. It was Van Jones and very unfortunately, Fareed Zakaria who said that Trump had become the President after approving the bombing of a Syrian airfield. I suspect they both deeply regret it now.

I don't even understand it. People slide something by his desk that he happens to approve that ends up being kind of sort of not the worst thing he could do at the time, and then he's truly become Presidential?

Compared to the dozens of things he does every week that make me want to fucking break everything I own.

Wag

Fucking outrageous. President is ready to "move on". And when Russia interferes with the 2018 election?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Fucking outrageous. President is ready to "move on". And when Russia interferes with the 2018 election?

Imagine being ready to "move on" literally two and a half hours after "finding out" your democracy had been wrecked.

What strength!

UberTag

Who knew that the American dream could only be realized by America's greatest enemy?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doesn't "exaggerating" mean: "there was something, but not as bad as they say."?

So he did admit it?
With the way that Trump decides his reality from moment to moment, don't expect him not to allow himself the out of claiming that we exaggerated the thing out of absolutely nothing on Russia's part. I'm sure he can circle back around to 400 lb basement dwellers being the root cause and disparaging our IC again, if it suits him.

It doesn't matter if he did ask about it twice or went to jelly before Vlady Daddy, with only 6 people in the room, Lavrov can run disinformation or reveal the truth.

Also note that McMaster and Hill were not allowed in the meeting, and that fears of leaks was the stated reason for so few on the American side there...

Considering their efforts to delay that bill, probably not.

Yeah, if this was to poison pill Dolt 45 (and it was), it seems the bait was injested by other prey.

I don't even understand it. People slide something by his desk that he happens to approve that ends up being kind of sort of not the worst thing he could do at the time, and then he's truly become Presidential?

Compared to the dozens of things he does every week that make me want to fucking break everything I own.

I think it's half people not being properly outraged and half the gnawing desperation for normalcy (you know, back when the previous 44 Prezs were at worst incompetant). The craving for a president you can take your eye off of for more than a few hours without detonating the country is mighty powerful but cannot be given into.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
We aren't going to bomb Russia over it. Sanctions are still in place. The topic has been beaten to death over the past year. The former administration didn't seem to care much when it happened on their watch since they thought they had the election wrapped up.

Honest question - what more should we do about it at this point other then learn from it and work on preventing it from happening again?

Top Bottom