• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Thread 2 - Don't Forget: You're here forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

His original plan was to get democracy in to do it.

He got democracy in, but never made it past the ledge before it got back to anarchy.

Then while he was trying again, anarchy got past the ledge, and his democracy pushes failed, so he tried to get to the PC under anarchy to release him, but that failed too. the PC was never accessed.

They got dangerously close tho.

tensuke

Twitch admin "Fire" just posted this comment in Destiny's stream:

Fire said:
Restreaming another Twitch user doesn't fall entirely under DMCA rules though, restreaming without permission is against the rules, and we usually ban people for restreaming other partner content, copyright having nothing to do with it

Looks like Destiny's just seeing it now. He may switch back to Starcraft soon.

Toxi

Banned
What happened to "anarchy"?
It's still around. You might have noticed that we haven't touched the PC.

Calling a shitty troll out for being a shitty troll is hardly against the spirit of the run. But I guess there's a shitty troll defense force on GAF.

Brashnir

There is a big difference. He wants to see if a group of people, can steer the direction of a community involved experiment. The stream is open-ended in how this can be accomplished. It doesn't even have to be him, it can be another group of friends just setting up how the game continues.

It's a social experiment, anything is acceptable in this case.

No it's not counter-productive. The channel is a social experiment, anything goes.

One can argue everything done in the channel is counter-productive.

He could have done all that without having the intent of making the most dickish possible move. He could have rallied his troops to get past the ledge or to do something positive. He chose to go negative. That's the difference.

edit - and to be fair, this is coming from a guy who thinks an accidental Pidgeot release would be the funniest and perhaps best possible thing to happen to this stream.

tensuke

Yup he moved the stream out of the streaming window. I think he's giving up now. Well, he's going to try it one more time tonight apparently, in a few seconds. I don't think they'll get very far since anarchy is so widely spammed now.

Zomba13

Calling a shitty troll out for being a shitty troll is hardly against the spirit of the run. But I guess there's a shitty troll defense force on GAF.

LOL of course there is.
thisisneogaf.gif

Articalys

I have to wonder sometimes, in what proportions are the main obstacles to progress 1) people all trying to do the same thing towards an objective but the delay results in all their inputs chaotically cancelling each other out, and 2) trolls intentionally giving inputs that are contrary to whatever the main goal seems to be.

Yup he moved the stream out of the streaming window. I think he's giving up now. Well, he's going to try it one more time tonight apparently, in a few seconds. I don't think they'll get very far since anarchy is so widely spammed now.
Doesn't strike me as the type of guy who has more than one independent thought per month. One supposes he might find this one hard to let go of.

Smash88

Banned
the only person moving the goalposts is you

What's the name for calling something a straw man when it isn't? Would that be ad hominem or something else? "I give up, I'm wrong?" maybe?

Damn, the anger is the permeating through my monitor.

Amazing how people get so upset when a social experiment is actually happening. And then get upset, when a group of people try to enter and be a part of the experiment. In a social experiment everyone and anyone can be involved.

Trying to argue bots, and DDOSing (LOL WHAT?) as if that is part of the social experiment is extremely ignorant. Getting a group of people to enter commands is now somehow VERY DESTRUCTIVE towards a SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.

That's like saying all those in favour of anarchy and sabotaging things when democracy goes in effect are BEING counter-productive.

It blows my mind how you can argue against this and get upset. It's a social experiment.

He could have done all that without having the intent of making the most dickish possible move. He could have rallied his troops to get past the ledge or to do something positive. He chose to go negative. That's the difference.

edit - and to be fair, this is coming from a guy who thinks an accidental Pidgeot release would be the funniest and perhaps best possible thing to happen to this stream.

Anything goes with a social experiment. Baring the idiotic notion that DDOS or bots (which people in this thread are arguing) are somehow part of what the main design of the stream is about (i.e. A single person (whether collective in thought or not) entering commands into the stream chat).

hello?
this is GAF, there's a defense force for everything

?oe?oe

Haha, trolls do get the best reactions. Everytime we enter the Poke Centre all the trolls come out. Now we just have a bigger army.

Damn, the anger is the permeating through my monitor.

Amazing how people get so upset when a social experiment is actually happening. And then get upset, when a group of people try to enter and be a part of the experiment. In a social experiment everyone and anyone can be involved.

Trying to argue bots, and DDOSing (LOL WHAT?) as if that is part of the social experiment is extremely ignorant. Getting a group of people to enter commands is now somehow VERY DESTRUCTIVE towards a SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.

That's like saying all those in favour of anarchy and sabotaging things when democracy goes in effect are BEING counter-productive.

It blows my mind how you can argue against this and get upset. It's a social experiment.
FWIW, "it's a social experiment" is not a generally accepted defense for being a dick. You are right that it's a social experiment though.

The result of his social experiment is that he's revealed himself as a dick.

Smash88

Banned
FWIW, "it's a social experiment" is not a generally accepted defense for being a dick. You are right that it's a social experiment though.

The result of his social experiment is that he's revealed himself as a dick.

Who are you to say what is being a dick or not. It's a social experiment. A large group of people around the world decide what they want to do with the game. Just because you think it's dickish, doesn't mean it goes against what the purpose of the channel/stream is about.

I think the anarchy people are dickish, whenever democracy goes into effect because they try to sabotage it, doesn't mean that it's any less of an experiment.

I want to see stuff like this happen, whether it's detrimental to the player or not. It's super neat to see new approaches happen to this social experiment. And how people will cope with the ramifications of it.

I mean the STREAM as a collective, released rattata and charmander into the wild, but you never went "Hey these guys are dicks, they went against what this game is about and are counter-productive, I'm never going to watch this garbage again."

Zomba13

Anything goes with a social experiment. Baring the idiotic notion that DDOS or bots (which people in this thread are arguing) are somehow part of what the main design of the stream is about (i.e. A single person (whether collective in thought or not) entering commands into the stream chat).

How are DDOS and bots not part of it? Why are they not allowed but rallying a force of viewers (which are acting like your bots) ok?

Wouldn't that not be the social experiment of TTP but rather the social experiment of the one doing the rallying? Like, Destiny has his own social expermient which is see if he can fuck with another social experiment using his channel and subscribers to carry out commands for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom