• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Thread 2 - Don't Forget: You're here forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickRoom

I'll bet there's so many things about Pokemon Red that the numerous viewers are learning with this run.

Merged Special stats.
Gen 1 Wrap and Sleep mechanics.
Psychic Immunity to ghost.
Depositing your last Pokemon.
Pokedolls can skip the silph scope event flag.
Rage reducing accuracy to 1/256.
Gust was a normal move.
Night Shade and Sand Attack hit everything.
Enemy Pokemon don't have PP.

Gen 1 sure was an interesting time...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'll bet there's so many things about Pokemon Red that the numerous viewers are learning with this run.

Merged Special stats.
Gust was a normal move.

I'm pretty sure everyone who played knows how stupid the merged special stat made the game. Fixing it was one of the many great contributions G/S brought to us.

Revven

Merged Special stats.
Gust was a normal move.

There's a reason the thing below exists:

cad9bb_3856475.jpg

So we shall never forget the problems despite how much nostalgia we hold for these games.

RedShift

Is there any sort of plan right now?

Back to Rock Tunnel? Attempt the tower of It doesn't affect _______!? Go for Psychic TM?

Digrat is only 3 levels away from Digraticate.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

I had actually blocked this from my memory due to how fucking dumb it was.

kiguel182

Merged Special stats.
Gust was a normal move.

Did the way pokemons get deposited change?

But yeah, Gen 1 was chaotic. That's why it's the more magical one since there are so many little details to discover.

The fact that Moon Stone is never nominated and all this democracy/anarchy thing makes me feel like a old man yelling at clouds :(

Kid Ska

There's a reason the thing below exists:

So we shall never forget the problems despite how much nostalgia we hold for these games.

This should be required reading for everyone who says Red/Blue were the best and refuse to play the new games.

qq more

i never knew of the special split until people pointed it out to me

i never paid attention to stats because i just never cared and just play the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(i even went with flareon in my blue and Y runs and beat the game just fine with no fucks given)

This should be required reading for everyone who says Red/Blue were the best and refuse to play the new games.

as someone who enjoys nearly every mainline title a lot, i always feel that its kind of off putting to tell people they're wrong and force different opinions onto them

kiguel182

It's normal that the first version of the whole system ended up flawed.

The sequels kept refining and refining the formula, I don't think that the people that prefer the originals (like me) deny that.

Mechanics wise Red/Blue are the worst ones and lack most of the features the series has today.

This is really making me want to buy a newer Pokemon. Should I get X/Y or older Black/White, GAF?

Black 2/White 2 are more polished and overall feel like better games, but X/Y are designed to be more user friendly plus you get old starters (and the new starters are fantastic).

When it came back we tossed it immediately.
I was crying I was laughing so hard when it happened.

Yeah I was there laughing too... this game!

Kid Ska

as someone who enjoys nearly every mainline title a lot, i always feel that its kind of off putting to tell people they're wrong and force different opinions onto them

I'm not forcing any opinions on anybody, but a lot of the people who played gen 1 as a kid and sing their praises forgot about or didn't notice these things at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom