• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

ObnoxiousZebra said:
I'm
probably
retarded but how do I set controls/shortcuts to the d-pad thingies on the left hand side of the screen?

select a group by holding down x until it expands covering all the troops.

Press and hold the directional button you want to assign them too. While holding down the directional button a dotted cirlce will start to form(watch the directional sign) once the circle is complete the unit you selected will appear next to the directional button.

Bisonian

Maastricht said:
You could check out the iWaggle video on this from January (there are two, actually also because there is a level editor and such). ;)

Didn't know they had a video up, I'll go take a look at that thanks.

Grisby

The discount price was too hard to pass up. Bought. Also, I really like it when I see a dev interacting with the community as you guys have done.

TheBear

When does the sale on PS+ run out? Want to pick it up soon. Good to see the devs interacting with the community!

Seventy5

Wow this game is challenging! I left Gunnar to die because I couldn't save him without losing half my troops. Is there any way to play the campaign missions once you've leveled your units up a bit? I love the game, I just need to get better, haven't played RTS since Warcraft 2 was the new hotness.

F-Pina

Thanks guys :)
We have been coming to Neogaf for so many years now that it only made sense to give something back besides the funny GIF once in a while.

You can replay any Single Player level that you have already beaten in the Custom section.
The campaing is linear, once you beat a level there is no going back.

anddo0

Had to swallow my pride and drop to casual difficulty. I'm having much more fun now. I'd say the extra time served this game well. The polish shines through, and it is a beautiful game to look at. I don't typically play RTS, but this game just clicks for some reason. One of the better PSN games I've played this year.

darkwing

bigjimmystyle said:
When does the sale on PS+ run out? Want to pick it up soon. Good to see the devs interacting with the community!

it will be done after a month it was offered, PS+ offers are gone after a month replaced by new offers, so get it now

mujun

Am I doing something wrong? When I set three guys to attack one one of my guys does nothing, another spins in circles and only one attacks the enemy.

bigjimmystyle said:

June 14, 2011 Undesiege PS+ sale ends on that date. PS+ welcome back is for 1 month.

hitlerat

Loving loving that so far....

Now I´m waiting for the 2x2/3x3 patch.... It will be glorious...

Just enable LAN game 2x2 (2 PS3) with splitscreen...

So much fun guaranteed! :D

We are really happy with all the feedback the community has been giving. Rest assured we are taking every single of your opinions very seriously and we are working hard on an update with fixes and improvements to both the game and the editor, as well as adding additional content.

We will be detailing the patch changes on the official forum as soon as we close it, and we will make sure to include the list on the patch as well when you download it on the PS3.

The full map sharing feature is also finishing the testing phase and we will be showing it off really soon. (It will be enabled in the patch I just mentioned)

Thanks for all the kind words and I hope you are enjoying the game.

darkwing

anddo0 said:
Had to swallow my pride and drop to casual difficulty. I'm having much more fun now. I'd say the extra time served this game well. The polish shines through, and it is a beautiful game to look at. I don't typically play RTS, but this game just clicks for some reason. One of the better PSN games I've played this year.

haha yeah me too, too many games to play for me, so don't worry about dropping the difficulty, i'm far interested in the story, and the small scale RTS fighting is glorious, switching between the powers of each group

AwRy108

darkwing said:
haha yeah me too, too many games to play for me, so don't worry about dropping the difficulty, i'm far interested in the story, and the small scale RTS fighting is glorious, switching between the powers of each group

You guys are making me feel much less guilty about wanting to switch to the easy difficulty. Was hoping to dive into the game more this week, but I know that if I get frustrated with the difficulty, I'd just keep pushing the game onto the backlog pile.

F-Pina

mujun said:
Am I doing something wrong? When I set three guys to attack one one of my guys does nothing, another spins in circles and only one attacks the enemy.

Did you let the game update with the patch?

F-Pina

ATTENTION!
Hey guys, iWaggle3D is running a contest to offer 5 copies of Under Siege.

So, if you want to play Under Siege but are short on money or just like to win free stuff, head over to iWaggle3D for a low down on the rules and all that.

So stop looking at all those sites with all the cool games coming from E3 and get a chance to play a game NOW instead of later :)

mujun

F-Pina said:
Did you let the game update with the patch?

I grabbed it last night (Japan time) and played it straight after that. I didn't get prompted to download a patch. Maybe it went up in the interim. I'm guessing it addresses the issue?

Rescued Gunnar okay - and didn't lose a troop on that map after a couple tries, but I absolutely cannot get past the first boss. I might be forced to join the "casual club".

F-Pina

mujun said:
I grabbed it last night (Japan time) and played it straight after that. I didn't get prompted to download a patch. Maybe it went up in the interim. I'm guessing it addresses the issue?

Patches for US and EU territories were released before the game was on sale so everyone should get the patch update if they are connected online. You are connecting from Japan? You bought the game with which account?

@Micromegas
There are a lot of people talking in our foruns about strategies on how to take the guy down without loosing a single unit :)

mujun

F-Pina said:
Patches for US and EU territories were released before the game was on sale so everyone should get the patch update if they are connected online. You are connecting from Japan? You bought the game with which account?

@Micromegas
There are a lot of people talking in our foruns about strategies on how to take the guy down without loosing a single unit :)

Bought the game using my U.S account. If I get a chance to play it tonight I'll pay attention to whether it's patching. Where can I check my version info?

Balphon

Micromegas said:
Rescued Gunnar okay - and didn't lose a troop on that map after a couple tries, but I absolutely cannot get past the first boss. I might be forced to join the "casual club".

The golem is terribly slow, so kiting it around with archers works rather well.

Balphon said:
The golem is terribly slow, so kiting it around with archers works rather well.

Yeah. I tried that, but got overwhelmed by the rest of the mobs. I'll have to rethink.

I'm generally really liking the challenge on NORMAL difficulty so far, challenging to be sure, but fair. Very old-school.

This golem though... ><

F-Pina

Just a quick reminder that the iWaggle3D Under Siege contest is just about to start!
Go HERE! and win a free copy of Under Siege

Grisby

So...I'm losing a lot of dudes when I have to go save the gunner. It just seems like 3 waves appear and they outnumber me 3 to 1. Not only that but theres poison dudes shooting me from afar. Also, you can't really position your troops anywhere because the enemies seem to come from all sides.

My units seem to move too slow to back each other up and on top of that the archers can't heal themselves, only others.

Yeesh, and I am on Casual.

Looks great and I like the design aesthetics. I also like the non-resource part as I am not an RTS guy.

Corto

Grisby said:
So...I'm losing a lot of dudes when I have to go save the gunner. It just seems like 3 waves appear and they outnumber me 3 to 1. Not only that but theres poison dudes shooting me from afar. Also, you can't really position your troops anywhere because the enemies seem to come from all sides.

My units seem to move too slow to back each other up and on top of that the archers can't heal themselves, only others.

Yeesh, and I am on Casual.

Looks great and I like the design aesthetics. I also like the non-resource part as I am not an RTS guy.

Use the gunner to barrage one of the points of entry. Put a unit of archer behind him to heal as needed and to take care of some enemies that escape the gunner shots with their arrows.

Use the soldiers to take care of the other point of entry again with the support of the other unit of archers. Those Stingers need to be taken care of as quick as you can. They are static so you need to move your soldiers towards them, use their taunt ability to aggro some soldier enemy units that appear and spam heal from that supporter archer unit.

The trick is efficiently manage the d-pad shortcuts to call your units and use each unit ability in a timely faction. As soon as the cutscene stops group one archer unit with the gunner and the other archer unit with the soldier unit.

Good luck!

alterno69

Banned
So how many players does this game support in online multiplayer?

Edit: So acording to the official website it only supports 1 on 1 multiplayer? Man that sucks....

hitlerat

alterno69 said:
So how many players does this game support in online multiplayer?

Edit: So acording to the official website it only supports 1 on 1 multiplayer? Man that sucks....

Yes... But I think a patch is coming to support 2x2...

It is a must in a RTS game! Please make it a priority :)

Grisby

Thanks Corto, I'll be giving it a shot later tonight.

Can't get over how good the game looks, love the little physics stuff that goes on too.

RaGe_pt

Didn't buy it yet (didn't have the time) but I'll make sure I buy it until the end of the month. Supporting our country, supporting Portugal ;)

anddo0

The first boss wiped out all of my archers. I now have to start chapter 2 with no archers, and no money to recruit new ones.. Am I SOL?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
F-Pina said:
The Plus promotion ends before the end of the month, you won't grab the discount then.

Hope you've made some money from it. I bought my copy but I still haven't gotten around to play it yet. (Well, I played the tutorial.)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I must say, the default difficulty is pretty much crazy tough for me. I am only on mission 5 or 6 btw, but I may have to turn it down to casual or it will drive me insane.

I have to commend the fps controls though. It works flawlessly using Move.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So i'll be starting with my review copy today of Under Sige, I am curious, I have high expectations ^^

Ow yes is there something of video recording to upload it to youtube? Or is just to watch again in-game. Because I will be making a video review if the game doesn't dissapoint, but I need the proper footage off course.

Moobabe

kinoki said:
Hope you've made some money from it. I bought my copy but I still haven't gotten around to play it yet. (Well, I played the tutorial.)

Me and a friend are both buying it soon once we've paid for our flights to Gamescom. Time flies...

Why can I still not purchase this game? Every time I try to buy it I get a fuckin' error code - and that's been going on for over a week. Starting to feel sorry for these PSN developers.

Kingsora

Game is really hard, I am just in level 3 and I have the feeling I can never finish it, because I do not have enough money to upgrade my troops and buy enough troops ... :s

F-Pina

@Kingsora
Don't want to spoil your fun in descovering the game but take it slow and try at the beginning to understand all the abillities from the Soldiers and Archers, it is fundamental to suceed offline and online. We also provide treasures in all the early maps if you search for them so it is easier if you pick up all the goodies.

@PoweredBySoy
Did you manage to get it?

I thought this game had resource management and was more like Starcraft but I guess this works better for consoles. Still havent tried move yet but the ds3 works great.

Mujun-
Are they archers?

Kingsora

Does anyone has some advice to finish level 4?

I only can make three groups because I have not more money and I do not have the big Bomb guy from level 3, because when I wanted to free him, he just killed my own troops, so I could never finish the level.

Anyhow at the beginning I just lure groups of enemies with my archers and then attack them when they are close. That all goes pretty wel, I go to the left side then kill the enemies there and destrory the rocks so the snakes can come free and attack some of the enemies behind the mountain. If I am lucky they kill the big bomb guy, but even then I am not strong enough to win against the remaing enemies and they always all attack at the same time.

Any advice??

mujun

Lion Heart said:
I thought this game had resource management and was more like Starcraft but I guess this works better for consoles. Still havent tried move yet but the ds3 works great.

Mujun-
Are they archers?

No, they were infantry.

PTtidus

Neo Member
Man this game is tough. I totally suck at strategy games but this time around I'm having even more trouble.

Must resist the urge to play it in easy mode...

I'm having fun though, it's challenging.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I should've tried the demo before blindly buying the game off the PS+ catalogue. I don't like it at all. The presentation is ridiculously awful, and the gameplay is boring.

Well, at least I only paid 10 bucks.

Corto

Brazil said:
I should've tried the demo before blindly buying the game off the PS+ catalogue. I don't like it at all. The presentation is ridiculously awful, and the gameplay is boring.

Well, at least I only paid 10 bucks.

Sad that you didn't like the game. There is no demo, but the gameplay videos on the OP can give a pretty good idea of what the game actually is. Presentation awful? If it's screen tearing... decrease the resolution to 720p. Image quality? You're crazy. Art direction? Different people, different tastes, but I find it gorgeous and varied with the different settings. Maybe menus and interface? I find them competent enough...

Tailzo

The game is very pretty, very polished, has cool gameplay and I really like it. Shame I get this lag every time text is popping up though.

I hope it sells a ton though. Some of the best rts I've ever seen on a console. Better than many full priced releases.

Top Bottom