• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

F-Pina

Thanks!
Don't you guys forget you can reinforce your squad with more units if you lose some, it is much cheaper than buying a new squad plus you get to keep the current level.

Corto

Metalmurphy said:
Any impressions yet?

First of all it's gorgeous. The intro video, the game itself, the seamless zoom on the battlefield and the fluid camera movement are all just beautiful. The Move controls are very intuitive and I found no weird behaviour of the pointer. The options to the controls are just unheard of, they went to the detail of giving the option to the user to adjust the deadzone of the Move and DS3. As for the gameplay itself I can't give much feedback yet as I played only the first introductory level. Went to multiplayer just to take a peek and there were 2 players there but didn't had the time to play at that moment.

Crisis

Banned
Game is absolutely gorgeous in 1080p. I have yet to see a single framerate hitch either. The artwork and terrain design is actually really nice to just look at. I would have expanded the available area of sight a little more, but I get the feeling it might take away some of the challenge if they did so.

The pointer controls take some getting used to, and the pre-game menus are a little confusing at first. They make more sense once you've messed around with them for a few minutes. The PS Move controls are actually wonderfully implemented and are one of the best benefits of this game. It makes superb usage of them and actually feels very natural. PC RTS fans aren't going to quit using a mouse but this is the best way to do it on a game console.

My only complaint about the game is that I'm admittedly not very experienced with RTS games that much but this game is still really challenging and somewhat difficult. Maybe I'll try it on an easier setting until I'm more experienced. I don't think I'd mind another campaign run, depending on its length. Really solid game, and you're stupid if you don't pick it up for $10 while Sony's doing the Welcome Back program and you can get free PS + benefits.

Seventy5

I'm grabbing this tomorrow for sure since I have to work tonight and I won't be able to play it. If the free PS+ is active, awesome $10 off. If it's not active, I'm buying it anyway since $20 seems like a more than fair price for this gorgeous game.

Question for F-Pina, if you can answer it: do you guys get less money if I buy it with the PS+ discount? I want you guys to get as much from me buying as possible & I'll forgo the discount if it helps you guys out. Hell, I'm even buying my son on his PS3 instead of gamesharing it.

darkwing

I have to agree with the above impressions, it looks beautiful in 1080p and if you are having problems with the difficulty just go Easy for your first time

spats

This game is so good. Not a RTS expert by any definition so I was having some troubles early on so I may drop the difficulty down but it feels pretty damn polished (as it should after all that time :p) It was well worth the wait, hopefully it's a big success for you guys. Gonna pimp it out to some friends and see if I can get them to buy it too.

Raoh

Awesome, I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced. I will be buying this tonight.

Carl

Got so much stuff downloading it might be a day or two before i get to play it.

But i really hope it sells well for you guys, you deserve it.

F-Pina

Thanks for the nice comments guys!
Yes pimp Under Siege out to everyone! Buy two copies!! :p

Guys, always remember to keep ranged units away from action and keep those soldiers taunting enemies so they stick with them. Watch for friendly fire from mister Gunner.

Seventy5 said:
Question for F-Pina, if you can answer it: do you guys get less money if I buy it with the PS+ discount? I want you guys to get as much from me buying as possible & I'll forgo the discount if it helps you guys out. Hell, I'm even buying my son on his PS3 instead of gamesharing it.

Sorry dude, we can't talk about the deal we made with Sony to get the Plus discount but your words are very kind

Andrefpvs

I can't believe how quickly I died in the first battle!

Should have read that tip from Mr. Pina first :)

By the way, I got a 1.01 patch at boot up, was that always there?

onipex

Ifrit said:
OP needs clarification the game is not based in the Steven Seagal movie

Now this game is dead to me.

Consoles do need more RTS love though. With pointer support no less.

F-Pina

Yes a patch was always there.

Cannon blasts are very powerfull but have friendly fire.
You can 2 things with your gunner, press Triangle on a spot so he stays shooting only to that place creating a fire barrage. Or just use him for a first blow at a distance and then make him retreat again.

Like the Archers Soldiers and all other units, once you nail the abillities of a character you become godlike :p

PS: casual mode does not have friendly fire

Man

Under Siege dudes just posted a Thank you note on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/unde...m-the-creators-of-under-siege/193116364070060

...We are already working on additional content and new features that we will share with you in the near future, and rest assured that we will be taking all of your feedback into account....

Chain commands.

Equal to Shift-clicking on a PC RTS I want a similar action in Under Siege so I can first order a unit to walk there, a second place and a third location (and do so aggressively / attacking).

Crisis

Banned
F-Pina said:
Yes a patch was always there.

Cannon blasts are very powerfull but have friendly fire.
You can 2 things with your gunner, press Triangle on a spot so he stays shooting only to that place creating a fire barrage. Or just use him for a first blow at a distance and then make him retreat again.

Like the Archers Soldiers and all other units, once you nail the abillities of a character you become godlike :p

PS: casual mode does not have friendly fire

I have been doing the latter, which worked out pretty well until a certain incident early on in the game where it is extremely beneficial to funnel all the enemies into a narrow passageway. But I did not realize the first trick. Thanks!

Crisis

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Leaning highly towards buying this when I get me some funds. The plus factor totally seals this one.

This is one of the best PSN exclusives ever. I'm dead serious. It uses every single aspect you can think of for PS3. YouTube support, custom soundtrack, Move, online multiplayer, everything. It's challenging, but satisfying as hell when you accomplish something.

Grisby

colinp said:
No demo? Or plans for a demo?

My question as well. I didn't see anything on the store or in the OT.

I hate that PSN doesn't do mandatory demos (I know, I know, old complaint).

colinp

Banned
Grisby said:
My question as well. I didn't see anything on the store or in the OT.

I hate that PSN doesn't do mandatory demos (I know, I know, old complaint).

Especially for $20 downloadable games.

F-Pina

No Demo sorry.
We are a small team, it was very hard just to put the game for sale, we will now focus on keeping the community happy and then when we have the time we will think about it.

And speaking of community...

manual_cover.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
F-Pina said:
No Demo sorry.
We are a small team, it was very hard just to put the game for sale, we will now focus on keeping the community happy and then we we have the time we will think about it.

And speaking of community...

ManualEditor-1.jpg

Will be buying, the trophy whore in me demands that I play the ever living shit out of it

"I will be the Best..."

$10 for a platinum (Hooray! for PSN+), and all trophies GOLD!...Ridonkulous!...I will be making sweet, sweet love to this game, time to become an arm chair general and attack the Kingdom!

F-Pina

Man said:
Chain commands.

Equal to Shift-clicking on a PC RTS I want a similar action in Under Siege so I can first order a unit to walk there, a second place and a third location (and do so aggressively / attacking).

Got it, will consider it.
On a side note, L2 is used as the Shift key for adding or subtracting units to your groups.
And if you hold down the Triangle or Circle button for some abillities you can check their range.

The more you know...

Prometo que quando arranjar uma PS3, compro o vosso jogo! Finalmente... o nosso país também consegue lançar videojogos! KUDOS para vocês! ;)

PS: Não há hipóteses de aparecer no XBLA? :/

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Micromegas said:
So... is this game like Myth?
I'm a HUGE fan of Myth...
Somebody speak-up!
(And tell me this is like Myth!)

It's probably as close as you're going to get to another Myth, and hella slick.

darkwing

Micromegas said:
So... is this game like Myth?

I'm a HUGE fan of Myth...

Somebody speak-up!

(And tell me this is like Myth!)

yes, it is like Myth, even the difficulty , get the game now!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Bought, now I just need to find time to play it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bah. The Plus discount makes me want this sooooo badly, despite how bad I am at RTS games. =/ The sheer value of what you get for $10 (glorious PS+ master race!) is just insane.

colinp

Banned
F-Pina said:
No Demo sorry.
We are a small team, it was very hard just to put the game for sale, we will now focus on keeping the community happy and then when we have the time we will think about it.

Yeah I see. Sucks, but hmmm I'm probably gonna hold off for a bit before dropping the money as it is a bit pricey. Wish you luck though!

PTtidus

Neo Member
Wow I wasn't expecting much from the Move controls but they are actually quite nice.

The game is gorgeous btw. Bought mine with the plus discount, which is practically free for such a quality game.

darkwing

Seraphis Cain said:
Bah. The Plus discount makes me want this sooooo badly, despite how bad I am at RTS games. =/ The sheer value of what you get for $10 (glorious PS+ master race!) is just insane.

do it, and just play on Easy mode, there is an RPG element also as your units carry over from mission to the next , remember there are online modes also

$10 under PS+ is practically a steal, heck even at $20 it is

F-Pina

Glad you guys are having fun :)

For those who want to play around with the Editor we are in our Foruns organizing all content and helping out.
As you may have noticed you can click Select while in the Editor and bring up the context sensitive Manual. What this means is that if you are in the Terrain the Manual will show you the Terrain section and so on.

To make things easier we have decided to provide with the full Manual in PDF form for viewing on your PC or to download and print.
You can get the pretty version -> http://www.seed-studios.com/ManualEditor.pdf
And the friendly print version -> http://www.seed-studios.com/ManualEditorClean.pdf

Some pages:
manual_examples.jpg

Cheers!

Corto

Just finished two more missions... What a joy to play this game finally! Thought I bumped into some unit select bug with the d panel shortcuts but they started to respond beautifully, maybe I was pressing one shoulder button at the same time or something... After learning to use to our advantage the shortcuts and the units abilities then the game starts to shine. And I'm only at the very beginning of the game. Can't wait to get those Shifter guys. So, my initial feelings are still overwhelmingly positive just needed some time taking used to the game's interface.

AwRy108

So far this game seems incredible, especially considering it's an RTS and a PSN-only title. Also, the $10 discount for Plus members makes the purchase a no-brainer.

Just a heads-up for those of you using the Move: the Navigation controller has to be synced up as Controller #1 or it will not function correctly.

Also, for the devs: I hate it when the screen jumps after returning from a cut-scene, unless I hold the Move wand perfectly still. What's the best way to adjust the Control sliders to prevent this from happening, yet, at the same time, not affect gameplay.

Corto

I bumped on that controller #1 problem also but thought that it was a normal thing with the Move...

Another heads-up, on the third mission ??? the first mission with a gunner, the screen tearing can be really noticeable, adjust the screen resolution to 720p and it will be fixed.

AwRy108 said:
Also, for the devs: I hate it when the screen jumps after returning from a cut-scene, unless I hold the Move wand perfectly still. What's the best way to adjust the Control sliders to prevent this from happening, yet, at the same time, not affect gameplay.

Try to re calibrate the Move. That fixed that issue to me. I don't remember where I first read this hint but I always calibrate the Move exaggerating a bit the point where I'm aiming the Move. So if it asks to point to the far left of the screen, point it a bit further left of that, and so on for the other calibrations.

AwRy108

Corto said:
I bumped on that controller #1 problem also but thought that it was a normal thing with the Move...

Another heads-up, on the third mission ??? the first mission with a gunner, the screen tearing can be really noticeable, adjust the screen resolution to 720p and it will be fixed.

Try to re calibrate the Move. That fixed that issue to me. I don't remember where I first read this hint but I always calibrate the Move exaggerating a bit the point where I'm aiming the Move. So if it asks to point to the far left of the screen, point it a bit further left of that, and so on for the other calibrations.

Thanks for the tips, man. Just wish I could be home playing right now, but this whole "responsible adult" thing keeps getting in the way...

Purchased this game, but it doesn't recognize the PSeye so that I can play with the move. I tried my other move games and they work fine but it will not work on this one. I don't even see in the options where I can use the move it only shows the DS3.

HELP

edit: got the move working,

and now it does recognize the nav controller what the?

Top Bottom