• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gluv65 said:
How do you make the nav controller port 1?

Hold down PS button in game and then select Controller Settings.

Quite buggy the way Move and Navi are detected at start up.

Fix this guys ;)

Corto

Where can I enable video recording? The option is greyed out during the gameplay and I can't seem to find the option on the main menu... Help?

Corto said:
Where can I enable video recording? The option is greyed out during the gameplay and I can't seem to find the option on the main menu... Help?
Video recording is only available during MP matches for now, for memory reasons. We are working to extend support to the others modes as well as improving video quality in a future update.

TheGuardian said:
Video recording is only available during MP matches for now, for memory reasons. We are working to extend support to the others modes as well as improving video quality in a future update.

Good game dude, loving it.

Corto

TheGuardian said:

Nice! The only problem I met with video quality was some screen tearing that I resolved adjusting to 720p.

Fuck it, I'm buying this because it looks cool and I want to support the devs. Plus, I need to buy something off the PS store! Its been a damn long time.

Psykotik

TTP said:
Hold down PS button in game and then select Controller Settings.

Quite buggy the way Move and Navi are detected at start up.

Fix this guys ;)

yes, this needs fixing if possible..!

Holy crap, this game is really good. I usually don't like RTS games, but this just clicked with me.

I'm having a blast with the move controls. It's just a nuisance setting the game up with them.

darkwing

ObnoxiousZebra said:
Holy crap, this game is really good. I usually don't like RTS games, but this just clicked with me.

I'm having a blast with the move controls. It's just a nuisance setting the game up with them.
yup, it doesn't bog you down with resource management and making buildings/structures

The game is fantastic. Graphics, physics, gameplay. Very Myth-like. Incredible value for $10 if you buy it now while everybody can get the PLUS discount.

anddo0

spats said:

TheGuardian said:
Yes, the discounts work with the free 30 days.

And... Purchased!

I had my eye on this game. The delays and PSN being down didn't help.. $10 though, too hard to pass up. Glad I get to use my Move for something other than Sports Champions.

Mrbob

Is there multi player skirmish mode against the cpu online? I might be able to convince a friend of mine to buy this if there is. After he finishes a campaign he loves to do skirmish mode all the time. SC2 is fun to do multi player skirmish online when you have 2 against many enemies to see how you can hold out. :D

F-Pina

You can play Custom or Ranked.
- Video and voice chat support
- Keyboard support for chat (press select in-game)

Some of the Multiplayer modes:
Deathmatch (Forest)
- best out of 5
- No fog of war (you can see what the oponent is doing)

Deathmatch (Desert)
- best out of 3
- Fog of war on

Capture Point (Mountains)
- 3 capture points
- No level up allowed at Prep. Phase
- Must level up by fighting first
- Auto respawn at camp base

Capture Point DOTA style (Desert)
- 5 capture points
- No level up allowed at Prep. Phase
- Must level up by fighting first
- Auto respawn at camp base
- Allies on both sides also fight for you and constantly respawn at camp base

Skirmishes and Co-Op:
All co-op maps are unlocked as you play the SP game.
There are 5 co-op maps but since they are locked I wont spoil them here.

All of these modes can be played on Split Screen
YES even the Versus just for the fun of it :)
Everything you create in the Editor can be played in single player, online or in splitscreen.

Ranked matches only allow for oficial maps for obvious reasons.

Andrefpvs

Okay, I need help in the mission where you rescue the Gunner (right at the beginning of the game).

After I rescue him I eventually get ambushed by a lot of enemies. I set gunner fire to the lower road while my soldiers kill whatever comes from the upper road. Archers finish whatever gets through.

Eventually, after the small cutscene, the number of enemies increases EXPONENTIALLY. I find myself unable to deal with them all. Is there anything I'm missing? I already set the difficulty to the lowest possible, but still no luck.

Crisis

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Okay, I need help in the mission where you rescue the Gunner (right at the beginning of the game).

After I rescue him I eventually get ambushed by a lot of enemies. I set gunner fire to the lower road while my soldiers kill whatever comes from the upper road. Archers finish whatever gets through.

Eventually, after the small cutscene, the number of enemies increases EXPONENTIALLY. I find myself unable to deal with them all. Is there anything I'm missing? I already set the difficulty to the lowest possible, but still no luck.

You know that strip of land that you go down to get to the gunner? The one on the right side that has the treasure chest and the health pack in a little secluded area, and there's a level exit just past that? I moved all of my troops there immediately after the cutscene. Then picked the gunner and moved him around separately from the rest of the troops. Use your guard's taunt/shout ability to get the enemies to keep coming at them instead of the gunner. (You want him to live because he does a ton of damage). Then use the gunner to pick off the other guys, and keep your squad close together from there on out. It's a lot simpler than my explanation sounds.

Andrefpvs

Crisis said:
You know that strip of land that you go down to get to the gunner? The one on the right side that has the treasure chest and the health pack in a little secluded area, and there's a level exit just past that? I moved all of my troops there immediately after the cutscene. Then picked the gunner and moved him around separately from the rest of the troops. Use your guard's taunt/shout ability to get the enemies to keep coming at them instead of the gunner. (You want him to live because he does a ton of damage). Then use the gunner to pick off the other guys, and keep your squad close together from there on out. It's a lot simpler than my explanation sounds.

That makes sense. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Edit: LOL I accidentally beat the level without getting to him! Should I restart? :|

ChryZ

Man, the instant Plus Welcome Back discount made this game such a no-brainer, first PSN purchase since the breach.

It would be great to see some additional MP modes like King of the Hill, CTF, Last Man Standing, etc.

Would make great DLC + additional ranked maps.

BeeDog

Decided to buy this earlier than planned due to the PSN+ discount. The first impression is good; polished presentation, nice CG intro (which surprised me, didn't expect this kind of stuff in a downloadable title!) and a good tutorial mission to ease you in. Can't wait to delve deeper into the game later today.

F-Pina

Cool to see lots of people picking up Under Siege :)

Aditional content such as maps and modes is planned.
We didn't want to overwhelm the players with 30 MP maps to learn, this way with the few we have it is easier to learn and grow from there.
All suggestions for more content are welcome dudes, go to our forums!

Multiplayer local and online is only 1vs 1 but has some of you may have noticed from playing around with the Editor the game is prepared for more. Again like content sharing we felt that 4 players online was not perfect yet so we will update the game later with this.

Meanwhile we have released a big Editor video showing how to build a Death match map.

http://youtu.be/vn9_U-D4n-U?hd=1

Trevelyan

Banned
Grabbed it last night, but just played the first few missions this morning. Really awesome stuff, I'm loving it. I'm mostly impressed by how well it controls with the dualshock. props to Seed!

Also bought it because of PSN+ Sale and played the first 5 Missions (how many missions does each chapter have?).
Good first impression, but I need to see how well it handles when you have more Squads in the game (whats the maximum?). And I don't really like the Gunner unit, especially when the enemy has them ^^

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
F-Pina said:
Cool to see lots of people picking up Under Siege :)

Quite a few of them being Move users :)

Fix the Move detection at start up! That should be your top priority right now.

I also think the PS Eye warning shouldn't show up when you have got the camera already plugged in.

So glad Under Siege is finally out. :)

spats

I'm a bit annoyed at some of the menu inconsistencies. After a mission you can only use the nav dpad to navigate the menu and not the t-button directional flicking which works just fine in the main menu. Is there a reason to this or am I missing something?

Btw was having some troubles with the difficulty but restarted the campaign and dropped to casual and now I'm enjoying the game way more than before. It's awesome.

Man

100% Move/Nav detection interface would be my most desired feature.
Holding the trigger and then flipping the move in whatever direction to scroll through menus doesn't feel good. In Wii games you can except the menus to be pointer based, no inconsistency as to what controller you have to use in different parts of the software etc. Generally my number one complaint about Move integration across various PS3 titles.

Bisonian

I tried flipping through the last couple pages and didn't find much so here goes:

Can someone specifically speak to how well implemented the move controls are? Do you have to have a nav controller to get a good experience? I'm looking for something to get me to break out my move controller again, and this game sounds pretty good.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
TTP said:
Fix the Move detection at start up!
Could use some work on initial calibration too - very easy to end up with oversensitive cursor scrolling map from end to end before you even know what to do in the game. It works very well once you calibrate it through the options menu though.

On the opposite side - buttons navigating menus, dialogue panels etc. are VERY unresponsive. It's not game breaking (in-game controls are fine so far) but it is on the annoying side.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Fafalada said:
On the opposite side - buttons navigating menus, dialogue panels etc. are VERY unresponsive. It's not game breaking (in-game controls are fine so far) but it is on the annoying side.

I think that's due to some background processing (loading, saving stuff) needing to finish before button presses are registered. During actual gameplay they do register perfectly (now - it wasn't like this in the preview code).

Corto

Bamelin said:
Just to confirm ... online multiplayer is limited to one on one?

It's in the OP for now only 1 vs. 1 online and local multiplayer are supported but in a future update that can be increased to 2 vs. 2 online. Maybe... That was the initial plan.

Bisonian said:
I tried flipping through the last couple pages and didn't find much so here goes:

Can someone specifically speak to how well implemented the move controls are? Do you have to have a nav controller to get a good experience? I'm looking for something to get me to break out my move controller again, and this game sounds pretty good.

You could check out the iWaggle video on this from January (there are two, actually also because there is a level editor and such). ;)

Anyway, I'm liking the Move controls so far. You only basically use the nav controller / dualshock / sixaxis for shortcut selections of groups of units, though these shortcuts are pretty convenient. I'm using a sixaxis/dualshock, as I've yet to buy a navigation controller (so far the dualshock-in-one-hand solution works fine for me).

The game has nice a nice tutorial, but after that there is refreshingly little hand-holding. I'm almost not used to it anymore, but it is quite a delight to figure things out. Good though that someone mentioned that bit about Gunnar - I think I may have accidentally just finished that mission without saving him.

alterno69

Banned
ObnoxiousZebra said:
I'm
probably
retarded but how do I set controls/shortcuts to the d-pad thingies on the left hand side of the screen?
You are :D

Select a unit and then hold the D-Pad in the direction you want to assign it.

Also, are there lots of players in ranked matches? The game righ now says there's 14 players online.

Also is it only 1 on 1 online or does it support more players?

Top Bottom