• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Crazetex said:
I love the look of this game. The interface looks pretty great.

I don't think I've heard of any other RTSs that are devoid of base-building; Total War, maybe?
There's also Myth, Z, Ground Control, World in Conflict, Dawn of War II, Darwinia/Multiwinia, Men of War, and others. They all tend to get grouped under the term "real time tactics."

Lain

In a way, I'm glad it is 2011 now, because I went ahead and spent the money I wanted to use for this >.>
This means I'll still be able to get it on release day, when it releases.

How do you know an official thread is great?

When somebody like me, who has never even heard of this game, can come in and suddenly be very excited about trying this game out when it hits.

Good stuff! :D

NHale

darkwing said:
oh man, i thought the game was going to be released this week when i saw this thread bumped :(

Same here. It would be better to close this thread until they announce a new release date.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Stalker and Trapper abilities in the OP (and on the official website) are different in the actual game.

Trapper has healing bomb (not the Stalker - which cures poison instead)

Last minute change I guess.

Corto

professor-farnsworth.png

Very soon we'll have an official date of release! Maybe even this week.

While we're waiting we can now read and enjoy the official comic: Under Siege - First Encounter.

Beautiful art and the story serves as a prequel setting the stage to the events of the game.

(Click the image to PDF download link)

http://www.undersiegegame.com/media.php?area=comicbook

P.S. The online multiplayer had to be downsized from 4 players to 2 players for the launch. A post launch update to up the number of players could be possible, but not certain...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Weird, I was looking this up last night randomly, saw "Most premature Official Thread ever?" and got depressed at the lack of news.

Great to see it's coming out soon!

Corto

Shurs said:
Most premature Official Thread ever?

electroshockwave said:
No, someone actually made a Skyrim OT last month and this was only created a week before the original release date.

Yep, sorry for jumping the gun with this one but as electroshockwave posted I created the thread a week before the first launch date but then the game was in QA limbo. But now everything is good! Party!

snap0212 said:
Can you confirm that it's coming out everywhere the same week (NA&EU)? :/

I can't. But maybe one of the devs can jump in and answer this for you. At least two of them are GAFfers. I'll PM F-Pina also about that. There's a possibility that they will save that kind of info to a more official announcement.

F-Pina

One week apart.
Will announce this week the final dates, marketing guys are doing their thing.

Sorry everyone for the constant delays and weird date changes and all but Under Siege was a tough production and lots of things happened. Live and learn!

As for the comic you can watch it as an E-Book, download it as a PDF or just the JPGs in CBZ format -> Link!
Our nice friend Filipe Andrade did the art. Believe it or not he is the same guy doing the current Onslaught Unleashed mini series for Marvel.

preview.png

Raoh

F-Pina said:
One week apart.
Will announce this week the final dates, marketing guys are doing their thing.

Sorry everyone for the constant delays and weird date changes and all but Under Siege was a tough production and lots of things happened. Live and learn!

As for the comic you can watch it as an E-Book, download it as a PDF or just the JPGs in CBZ format -> Link!
Our nice friend Filipe Andrade did the art. Believe it or not he is the same guy doing the current Onslaught Unleashed mini series for Marvel.

preview.png

Thanks for the update. I have been looking forward to this for a long time.

spectyre

Seed Studios updated their facebook with the following
"Under Siege Game
Hello all. Here's the update. The game has passed Q/A and is ready to hit the PSN stores of USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe (with some Middle East and Africa countries) and Australasia (Australia & New Zealand). Next monday, 18th April, 02:00 PM GMT:00 (Lisbon/London Time) it will be worldwide announced the official release dates. This time there's no way back :)"

V_Ben

Banned
All that time and no demo? Guys, that really shouldn't be a question of "do we need one", it should be a statement of "we need one"

I (mostly) kid, awesome to see a release date, been a long time coming! :D

Corto

Just in time for my tidying up of the OP...

- New units (allies and enemies) unveiled
- Change in abilities in the Mekitu Trapper

AND AT LEAST... A RELEASE DATE. THIS TIME IS FOR REALLLLLLL

F-Pina

Corto is our man :p

Guys, if we took this long to manage the game out on PSN, imagine if we were trying to get a demo out at the same time.

V_Ben

Banned
F-Pina said:
Corto is our man :p

Guys, if we took this long to manage the game out on PSN, imagine if we were trying to get a demo out at the same time.

hehe, I know :p I'm just teasing! Now, who do we talk to about press stuff? :)

F-Pina

For press kits and images, videos etc. PM me!
We are also offering hats for your characters if you buy... hehe, no no, just kidding :)

Came in expecting a Steven Seagal reference, was not disappointed.

Leaving actually fairly interested in this game. Looks pretty cool. Might purchase!

Top Bottom