• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

F-Pina

Hey guys, lots of PM asking for materials :)
There is a lot of old stuff on the web and here on Neogaf, we reorganized all the screenshots so that everything makes more sense. Here are some pics.

Gameplay

Cinematic

Editor

Miscelaneous

Corto, if you could copy-paste all of this to the OT I would appreciate it.

Everyone else you can just go directly here.
Some people complained they weren't getting any 1080p original screenshots so we also have an "Uncompressed" folder.

For better understanding the Editor we will be helping everyone on our own Forum.
The Editor Manual will also be made available along with tutorials.

Kinan

Well, I just couldn't resist:

dwc0ac.jpg

Kinan

Damn, MLAA is so awesome. Previously you guys would be accused for "bullshots". Great job. I hope it also works in 1080p mode.

P.S. Link to the full version of the 4th screen in "Editor" group is broken.

BeeDog

I had money ready for this game a good while ago, but now many other releases have come in the way so I won't get it day 1. Will need to wait for glowing impressions before I bite, but the game undoubtedly looks good.

Lain

With the hacking of PSN, it just dawned on me that, once again, we're going to have to wait longer for this game.
Supposedly it's going to take 1 more week or so for PSN to go back up and I was wondering if that means that Under Siege will just slip to the next PSN store update, or if this change in schedule will get it delayed for more.

F-Pina

We need to let Sony post their updates on things before posting ours.
For now Under Siege launches when the PS Store is back up online.

acevans2

F-Pina said:
I hope that doesn't change! I can't wait to play this.

Carl

F-Pina said:

Can't wait! Need to buy it as soon as it's up :)

electroshockwave said:
Will this have a demo?

We know a demo is important, but we simply didn't have the time or resources to make it before launch, so we decided to focus in getting the game out there first.

Lain

F-Pina said:
That's good to know. I hope that will happen to be next week, because I want this game.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Just letting you know you've got another day one sale, guys. My heart goes out to you for the shitstorm hitting on your release week.

F-Pina

Thanks again.
As you all may guess, these are hard times to be an Indie Developer on PSN.
And we hit the reverse jackpot here :(

F-Pina

It is on sale now! GO GO GO!
Our surprise was getting it on Plus for some cool cheesy discount so:

14.99€ / + 8.99€ - Europe
$19.99 / + $10 – North America

PS: for those saying the trophies were just not very imaginative, I wanna see you now trying :p

V_Ben

Banned
F-Pina said:
It is on sale now! GO GO GO!
Our surprise was getting it on Plus for some cool cheesy discount so:

14.99€ / + 8.99€ - Europe
$19.99 / + $10 – North America

PS: for those saying the trophies were just not very imaginative, I wanna see you now trying :p

I so hope it does well for you, been a long time coming. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it :)

darkwing

wow this game is good, it really makes you care for your units, since they carry over from the last mission, i had to restart a few because i want them all to live!!! LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

F-Pina

Thanks, nice to know the decision to keep the game hard was a good one :)
For all those easy goers you can always choose the "casual" dificulty... pfff

I have to say you really must make sure you carry your units over from level to level dude, keep them alive.

BeeDog

F-Pina said:

I have to say you really must make sure you carry your units over from level to level dude, keep them alive.

Since I won't be able to get the game until next week and try it out myself, I hope you have thought through this design decision, because it would suck hard if you get to a late point in the game and get stuck just because you lost some units in the progress.

darkwing

F-Pina said:

Yup, learned this the hard way lol my units became 6 then 5 then 3 haha although you can buy new units, they are expensive to replace, just balances it out

Move really plays very good in the game, although having the Nav Con made it much more comfortable :)

darkwing

Metalmurphy said:
Any impressions yet?

been playing it for a while, it is like Myth reborn, it is hard, don't know how someone will finish this on Hard lol i had to restart a level many times to make sure my loss was minimal

Moobabe

darkwing said:
Yup, learned this the hard way lol my units became 6 then 5 then 3 haha although you can buy new units, they are expensive to replace, just balances it out

Move really plays very good in the game, although having the Nav Con made it much more
comfortable :)

Can you try it with the DS3 and post a couple of impressions?

darkwing

Moobabe said:
Can you try it with the DS3 and post a couple of impressions?

works very well on the DS3 too, had no problems selecting units, switching between them, and believe me you need the abilities of your different units quick like the archers heal, soldier's taunt etc.. suits the game well because its a small scale RTS

Moobabe

darkwing said:
works very well on the DS3 too, had no problems selecting units, switching between them, and believe me you need the abilities of your different units quick like the archers heal, soldier's taunt etc.. suits the game well because its a small scale RTS

Awesome - thanks. I'm picking up this, Shooter 2, Red Johnson and Outland today...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
BeeDog said:
Since I won't be able to get the game until next week and try it out myself, I hope you have thought through this design decision, because it would suck hard if you get to a late point in the game and get stuck just because you lost some units in the progress.

Yeah, I was thinking about trying this out (see my post in the PS Store thread from a few hours ago where I was really close to impulse buying it), but reading about units carrying over plus the fact that I'm not very good at RTS games anyway makes this sound like it's not for me.

Ah well. Congrats on getting the game out there though, F-Pina. :D

Top Bottom