• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

And there we go again. Awesome.

Whatever happens next, buying the potato pack was so worth it, if only because of the sheer insanity it has generated. :)

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Jubbly said:
The Ball update is over 700MB alone, and The Wonderful World is 150MB+.

Lots of new stuff to play with!

The last Ball update was about as big. I get the impression that however they architected that game it does not allow for small quick patches.

Spwn

derFeef said:
So is everyone getting the updates or just if you have the corresponding potato?

Seems like everyone, because the games I have from the potato pack just updated and I haven't been able to game on my PC for months.

MNC

Jesus christ I'll have to reinstall these games. Is this the actual update?

Also, I'd hate for Valve to divide the potato havers against the non-havers. Why would they get an early release or more maps? :(

WHAT THE FUCK AT AUDIOSURF AND THE REST

gibration

header_586x192.jpg

Was this image always posted here? I never knew you got a special skin for Portal 2.

Has there ever been an ARG this big to launch a game ?

I hope they make a behind the scenes movie out of it.

gibration said:
header_586x192.jpg

Was this always posted here? I never knew you got a special skin for Portal 2.
That's brand new AFAIK.
They're really pushing it now!

Salsa

gibration said:
header_586x192.jpg

Was this image always posted here? I never knew you got a special skin for Portal 2.

Huh, dont know how i feel about this..

I was fine with Valve doing limited edition and special items stuff on TF2, we gave them that space to go nuts, but i dont really think i like Valve spreading this over all of their games.. consolizing much ? :(

MNC

Fuck, portal skin, might have to buy the potato sack...

Who am I kidding!? I only not own 3 games in that thing! This is bullshit! BAH!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I think it's kind of awesome that Valve uses pre-order incentives to get people to buy other developers games.

And actual new content for these games? Jesus christ, this is the best ARG of all time, reconfirmed.

Holy fucking dicknuts. If you own Amnesia, that's where you need to be RIGHT FUCKING NOW. There is a new button called "justine" at the bottom right of the Amnesia launcher. It is a new god damn campaign or something.

I am so fucking hyped right now I'm going to pass out.

OMG!

I'm also a bit of a skeptic on this approach to get special items in Portal 2, but let's think about who is this benefiting the most. Valve of course is getting a chunk, but the indie guys involved in the pack are getting a ton of exposure and sales. I don't see how is that a bad thing.

Also, the Potato sack is the ARG of the forever.

Max

I am not Max
KF-Aperture what the ????????!!

also
Amnesia: The Dark Descent gets a free expansion!

Now with 20% more horror and 10% less cake. Enjoy this brand new flavor of canned horror - manufactured with license by Aperture Science.
(might contain traces of potatoes)
:eek:

Spire said:
I think it's kind of awesome that Valve uses pre-order incentives to get people to buy other developers games.

And actual new content for these games? Jesus christ, this is the best ARG of all time, reconfirmed.

Anything that gives Steam exposure and revenue is good for Valve. And yes, confirmed. Can't wait until class is over...

Damn, now I want to buy the potato pack, but I already have like half of it. And then I need to find people to buy the half I already have (35 euros is just too much for me for the few games I don´t have, but total they have a value of 36 or something)

Top Bottom