• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

I can't count how many times I've played The Device Has Been Modified, on all three difficulties in Audiosurf, I can just never make Gold. Same GLaDOS quote every single time starting to wear wonderfully thin.

Yes, I've tried focusing on just one color and the companion cubes. I know to shoot for a Clear Board bonus, but one stray at the end can ruin the entire run. I've even tried the "hit everything" approach on Easy. I knew I wasn't going to get all of the potatoes anyway, but I didn't think I'd be spending hours just to try to get one on a basic high-score challenge.

I AM wondering a little about the profile because he hasn't participated in the ARG or really has any of the games. Unless he is a media member or some such.

xGpt9.jpg

Awesome. God damn this ARG is huge.

The_Technomancer said:

From the Wiki news section

1:00: The message from infected User Spitfire's forum post, "sheasaftermeiaminanepisode", is found to refer to his Steamcast, and a new preview of an episode has weird chirps in it. These chirps, when run through a spectrogram, shows "There's a hole in the sky through which I can fly"

Hakkuei

Kulock said:
I can't count how many times I've played The Device Has Been Modified, on all three difficulties in Audiosurf, I can just never make Gold. Same GLaDOS quote every single time starting to wear wonderfully thin.

Yes, I've tried focusing on just one color and the companion cubes. I know to shoot for a Clear Board bonus, but one stray at the end can ruin the entire run. I've even tried the "hit everything" approach on Easy. I knew I wasn't going to get all of the potatoes anyway, but I didn't think I'd be spending hours just to try to get one on a basic high-score challenge.
Play on elite; during the slow parts go for orange + companion cube, on fast parts blue + cube, get the clean finish and DON'T SCREW UP.

Valve seems to be involving the entire Steam community with this ARG.

... oh snap!

That means we have someone on GAF who works on the inside.

Red

Htown said:
I cannot wrap my head around this thing. JESUS, VALVE.
It's huge. It's the most involved and accessible ARG I've ever seen, and the way they're supporting not only their own product but the work of others, all while supporting their customers and Steam as a platform is incredible. No one else can do it this good.

Valve, I salute you.

Sai-kun

Banned
"HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME ITS KILLING ME HELP ME HELP ME"

Freaky as fuck.

Also freaky: http://twitter.com/#!/dejobaan/status/58265547732828160

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Treefingers said:
http://i.imgur.com/xGpt9.jpg[IMG]

Awesome. God damn this ARG is huge.[/QUOTE]
I've kind of been half following this but does this mean that there's a potato to shoot into space in Ep.2? Maybe the gnome was replaced with a potato?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sai-kun said:
"HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME ITS KILLING ME HELP ME HELP ME"

Freaky as fuck.

Also freaky: http://twitter.com/#!/dejobaan/status/58265547732828160

Where the fuck is my female GLaDOS voice?

I find it kind of odd how TF2 had nothing to do with the ARG. The potato hat ended up not being anything related to the event, neither was the two portal pins.

If all the games to not include...

balladofwindfishes said:
I find it kind of odd how TF2 had nothing to do with the ARG. The potato hat ended up not being anything related to the event, neither was the two portal pins.

If all the games to not include...

Neither does Portal, quite surprising.

REAL_AES.ogg metadata:

Track title: ASYNCHRONOUS EMOTION SIMULATION UNIT

Date: 3791

Track Number: 16

Disc Number: 16

Comment: RatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsIn AMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeR atsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInA MazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRa tsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAM azeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRat sInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMa zeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRats InAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMaz eRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsI nAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMaze RatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsIn AMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeR atsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInA MazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRa tsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAM azeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRat sInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMa zeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRats InAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMazeRatsInAMaz eRatsInAMaze

edit: RatsInAMaze*92

means anything?

direct link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21757741&postcount=1059

REAL_AES : https://s3.amazonaws.com/genericbucket/REAL_AES.ogg

MNC

SalsaShark said:
aaaaaaaaaaaand..

EOLBD.png

30 :p

aaAaaAAa still needs to be discovered.
Did you know that the amount of potatos you have is the amount of hours you need to spend decrypting the game files?

It would be the best thing ever.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh my god. This is so fucking awesome. Best thing Valve has ever did.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I sincerely hope somebody is keeping track of all this.

I want to see a video explaining all this when it's all over.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I hope after this ARG is over, someone writes an article explaining every thing in layman's terms. The ARG is super cool, but I'll be damned if they didn't make it too crazy and hard to follow.

Even reading the Wiki makes my eyes burn out of their sockets.

Top Bottom