• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
oxkx1.png

FINALBOSS said:
So people slaving away getting potatoes, you honestly think they are going to stay on your userpage forever? Ya rit3.
I don't expect anything, I just do it for fun and because I like a good challenge.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This is confusing and dumb, I just want to play Portal.

I couldn't make out the last word in that waveform/spectograph thing. "Theres a hole in the sky from which I ..."

How does it end?

StuBurns

Banned
Jtwo said:

I couldn't make out the last word in that waveform/spectograph thing. "Theres a hole in the sky from which I ..."

How does it end?
Fly.

It's a line from a Portal 1 trailer, but changed, it was 'through which things can fly'.

Baha

Jtwo said:

How does it end?

..can fly. It's the Aperture Science motto from the Portal 1 trailer but with "I" instead of "things".

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I see it now.

This wait really is insufferable.

Baha

Updates to Defense Grid have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Defense Grid April 2011 Portal 2 ARG Updates:
Two free new and original Defense Grid Levels with new voice acting and story.
Portal's GLaDOS invades the network and brings a new style of level design to Defense Grid.
New computer console off the main menu. Poke around in the old computer archives, try out puzzles, and learn some DG back-story.
Tesla towers now recharge faster and do more damage.
April 13 update:
CHAS level is now unlocked for everyone!
Recruiting is still important, so keep it up.
Tony has one more trick up his sleeve
Three more clues to find

Also, Potato Sack banner on the steam store page has added the following line:

Hurry, this special offer ends when Portal 2 releases

I was getting all caught up to the first 13 potatoes... Now they go and add a ton more potatoes to get. SCREW YOU, POTATOES! I shall jump through your hoops no longer!

Yeah, I've got 6 potes and that's quite enough for me. The wait is stretching my soul thin. When I finally get at that game I'm gonna play through it one sitting, maximum 2.

Probably about to do a playthrough of Portal 1. That should kill some time.

Twig

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
So people slaving away getting potatoes, you honestly think they are going to stay on your userpage forever? Ya rit3.
No one is stupid enough to think that.

But it's fun to do.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
If this doesn't release on Friday, this weekend is going to be unbearable. I've got myself all worked up expecting to play it in two days.

Chinner

Banned
Spire said:
If this doesn't release on Friday, this weekend is going to be unbearable. I've got myself all worked up expecting to play it in two days.
How do you think I feel? I've got exams and deadlines coming up within the next month and I shouldn't really be playing it at all.

I can't take this shit anymore! The anticipation is killing me - I feel like a little boy waiting for Santa Claus to arrive. Gah damit! Damit!

This is too much, and I'm afraid I'm stepping into "hero of the web" territory, but "I've been waiting for this game for my whole life."

Gerstmann! don't give it anything less than a 9!

Chinner said:
How do you think I feel? I've got exams and deadlines coming up within the next month and I shouldn't really be playing it at all.

Same :/ I'm planning to beat it in a weekend mind, probably won't touch co-op anytime soon.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Spire said:

I'm in a dilemma. If it releases Friday, then I get to play it this weekend. But with class and work, I will be delayed from starting it until later that day. And knowing it's out will turn Friday into the longest day ever.

On the other hand, I don't want to wait until Tuesday.

Baha said:
Updates to Defense Grid have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Defense Grid April 2011 Portal 2 ARG Updates:
Two free new and original Defense Grid Levels with new voice acting and story.
Portal's GLaDOS invades the network and brings a new style of level design to Defense Grid.
New computer console off the main menu. Poke around in the old computer archives, try out puzzles, and learn some DG back-story.
Tesla towers now recharge faster and do more damage.
April 13 update:
CHAS level is now unlocked for everyone!
Recruiting is still important, so keep it up.
Tony has one more trick up his sleeve
Three more clues to find

Defense Grid comes right out and calls it an ARG update? That's bad form!

Lasthope106 said:
I can't take this shit anymore! The anticipation is killing me - I feel like a little boy waiting for Santa Claus to arrive. Gah damit! Damit!

This is too much, and I'm afraid I'm stepping into "hero of the web" territory, but "I've been waiting for this game for my whole life."

Gerstmann! don't give it anything less than a 9!

A 9 out of 5?

Top Bottom