• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I just got Gold on The Device Has Been Modified and Steam goes down.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Baha

fallengorn said:
I just got Gold on The Device Has Been Modified and Steam goes down.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't close AS and wait for steam to recover?

Salsa

It's up again, but holy shit those seconds were kind of intense. I mean it happened right after he did this:

8ctv5.png

Blizzard

Banned
Chavelo said:
WHAT THE HELL?

/checks steam

STEAM JUST WENT DOWN

D:
Weird, it stayed up for me, but went down for several people on my friends list, apparently.

*edit* And the test subject changed their name to test advisor, haha.

3:50 - Trickboss: /hyperborea
3:50 - -testsubject3791-: password:
3:51 - Trickboss: borealis
3:51 - -testsubject3791-: ---UPLOADING DATA PACKET 1/3---
3:51 - -testsubject3791-: . . .
3:51 - -testsubject3791-: . . .
3:51 - -testsubject3791-: ---DATA UPLOADED---
3:51 - -testsubject3791-: >>>

Wellp...I'm hard.

Salsa

Phantom Limbs said:
Wellp...I'm hard.

i still need confirmation that this isnt fake.

If it is indeed real, then that pretty much confirms that its Ep3 related.

Not gonna get hard only for Valve to leave me hanging again, i need more confirmation.

Red

SalsaShark said:

Not gonna get hard only for Valve to leave me hanging again, i need more confirmation.
How does it confirm anything about Ep. 3?

SalsaShark said:

I don't think its real. It seems like a very crude way of continuing how awesome the ARG has been so far: accessing a console through the Steam chat program.

Oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God!!!

StuBurns

Banned
SalsaShark said:
If the Borealis is in any form in Portal 2, isnt it somewhat a confirmation that they are working on EP3 ? that's what im talking about.
I guess you could say that. I think the reason they haven't talked about EP3/HL3 is because of something in Portal 2, we'll see, I hope that's the case.

EDIT: I just watched the Ball Portal levels, and I can't believe something so awesome is free, incredible.

I don't really expect the ARG to be related to HL, but the connection with the Borealis just gets me excited for whatever possible connections Portal 2 will have to the HL universe. Hopefully it's good, and hopefully it's a big clue as to what's going on with HL.
We all know of the
Borealis achievement in the game
but I dunno... I get excited. Nothing wrong with that.

IF this chat is legit.

And this:
StuBurns said:
I guess you could say that. I think the reason they haven't talked about EP3/HL3 is because of something in Portal 2, we'll see, I hope that's the case.

I really believe this is the final thing that has been holding HL news back. They keep saying they aren't talking about it for a reason, and this HAS to be it. I mean, Jesus Christ.

I still don't quite get it, are we supposed to believe he got console access to some Valve computer (even if part of the fiction) through Steam chat?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This just got more awesome with Steam's
intentional
crash!

Although it is fine for me!

Top Bottom