• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Really good ep, but that was a random exposition from Baron lol

Go-Buster was one of those shows where the elements I was excited for added up to a lackluster show. Leather suits, some impressive choreography, and an interesting mech added up to... eh.

Wizard has an absolutely amazing Rider design, wasted on a boring show with a drab lead.

So, yeah... downgrade to Gokaiger.

Eh personally I thought GB was better than Gokai, and I only liked Gokai for being a celebration (and even then kinda pissed they passed over certain teams)

WillyFive

From the filming of the new Superhero Wars:

tumblr_mytvtfQ9ua1qbbpyfo1_500.jpg

Decade playing 3DS.

Also, Shotaro returns:

tumblr_myualfRqEu1sih9h2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mysrz2gLzA1sih9h2o2_1280.jpg

Slayven

Decade must have a cool agent. i always get the feeling that most Japanese agency don't like their talent returning too much.

red xl. thats how men roll.

(would have gotten blue if GS had one but w/e!)

Really at this point, can we expect decade to get a new form? Bigger shoulders for all the new riders.

vareon

Gaim

In which Mitsuzane again proves that he's not your typical Kamen Rider pretty boy, Kouta cements himself as a shonen protagonist, Kaito and Mai provided a little of the much-needed background about Zawame and Yggdrasill, Hase was given a new plot to resolve, and Takatora tried his new DX toys and wants to show it to the boys. Setup episode, and it was good.

We need some final form rides.

funny now that you think about it, Decade is pretty much the 'leader' of heisei riders at this point and it really is the only way to get their final forms.

really curious how contracts for toku works. i assume you are contracted to do 2-3 movies? And you may return later for some VA work?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyoryuger 43

That's one part of Souji's story arc complete, now he just needs to notice that girl that likes him.
Oh man, we're in the end game. I've really been liking Kyoryuger.

WillyFive

Two really, really great episodes this week. I love it, two great shows back to back. Hopefully Tokkyuger can keep up the quality when Kyoryuger leaves.

Tenumi

Banned
My hope is that they keep on with some of the silliness that Kyoryuger has had for Tokkyuger, which it looks like from the previews.

Both Gaim and Kyoryuger were definitely great this week. Things are really picking up nicely in Gaim.

Zynx

Gaim is continuing to be awesome.

Although considering how Micchy can judge people to predict their behavior, perhaps he should have expected Kouta to react the way he did.

Usually I'm not fond of the simple bland cliche "I'm a rider because I want to protect people", but Kouta pulls it off well in this episode.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Usually I'm not fond of the simple bland cliche "I'm a rider because I want to protect people", but Kouta pulls it off well in this episode.

I think it's more like "I'm the only one that can do this, so I must step up to the challenge" as opposed to "I want to help people so I'll continue to he a rider".

One signifies that he doesn't really want to do this, but he's the only one that can do it, so he must do it.

The other one signifies that he wants to help people and being a rider is the only way to do it.

It's a different character trait.

Kamen Rider Den-O
So a little update on my toku watching habits.. watched Onigashima Warship and Episode Red with my friend. Due to the holidays and conflicting schedules, we're not quite sure when to fit in Episode Blue and Episode Yellow. So close to the end of Den-O I can feel it! One thing about Onigashima Warship, I feel like I missed something plot-wise. In the movie,
Ryotaro is younger and they never seem to make a big deal out of it. It also continued into Episode Red.
Is this something that gets explained in Blue/Yellow or did I miss a line somewhere?

Kamen Rider OOO
In other news, on my own I started OOO and I'm already more than halfway done with it. I can detect a few parallels to the previous season, W, which I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not. Been a fun ride so far and the usual 2-episode arc helps me pace out my viewing schedule, as predictable as it makes the conflict/resolution timing. I'm really loving the concept of OOO's rider outfit and I think it's pretty stylish.

Gaim
I've gotta say, this episode did a good job getting everyone back up to speed after New Year's as well as setting up what to look forward to for the next arc. Liking the juicer/soda upgrade as a way up the difficulty of Rider vs. Rider matches without introducing even more Riders. As it stands, the episode showed just how comfortable Kouta has gotten with fighting Inves alone so upgrading the opposing Riders I believe is a step in a better direction. I honestly was worried when the Suica lockseed was introduced that we'd get just exponentially bigger Inves enemies when my real interest this season lies with the Rider vs. Rider battles. Glad the focus (at least for now) is being maintained there.

Kyoryuger
Had a chance to sample the first episode of my first sentai series and man do things move quickly. Is the pace set in the first episode kept up for a majority of the series? Seems like a fun bunch of characters and I know I'd be joining this party a bit too late with Tokkyuger in the near future, but I think I'd rather start with this sentai season.

WillyFive

Kyoryuger
Had a chance to sample the first episode of my first sentai series and man do things move quickly. Is the pace set in the first episode kept up for a majority of the series? Seems like a fun bunch of characters and I know I'd be joining this party a bit too late with Tokkyuger in the near future, but I think I'd rather start with this sentai season.

The show does not slow down at all. It's worth it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kamen Rider Den-O
So a little update on my toku watching habits.. watched Onigashima Warship and Episode Red with my friend. Due to the holidays and conflicting schedules, we're not quite sure when to fit in Episode Blue and Episode Yellow. So close to the end of Den-O I can feel it! One thing about Onigashima Warship, I feel like I missed something plot-wise. In the movie,
Ryotaro is younger and they never seem to make a big deal out of it. It also continued into Episode Red.
Is this something that gets explained in Blue/Yellow or did I miss a line somewhere?

I believe it's simply explained in Decade as "a result of the timeline being screwed with", and never given a decent answer.

In reality it's because Takeru Satoh retired as Ryoutaro because his agency didn't want him being stuck as Den-O. He'll probably never play Den-O again.

until the Den-O crossover with Tokkyuger BELIEVE!

The show does not slow down at all. It's worth it.

Oh boy and I thought Kamen Rider was a trip. haha I'll have to decide how fast I want to go through with it. Not sure if I could handle going through a marathon of all that action at once without missing something or my eyes giving up on me. Sounds like I'm in for a whole lot of fun, though!

I believe it's simply explained in Decade as "a result of the timeline being screwed with", and never given a decent answer.

In reality it's because Takeru Satoh retired as Ryoutaro because his agency didn't want him being stuck as Den-O. He'll probably never play Den-O again.

until the Den-O crossover with Tokkyuger BELIEVE!

Ah that explains it, I have yet to touch Decade. So they just kind of handwave it like Hana, really. Lucky that Den-O's theme is time as it makes actor changes much easier. Looking at all Satoh's done since, I can see why his agency wanted him free from his Den-O role. It seems quite a few Kamen Rider actors end up disappearing from the scene once their season was over, for one reason or another.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Saw this on /m/, from Decade's Actor's Twitter

>You guys wont believe the story for the Rider movie that I'm filming now... Ahh, I really want to spoil it. lol
>今撮影中のライダー映画のストーリーも凄いことになってるよん あー、、、言いたい。笑

Immediately followed up by this tweet:

>Ultraman has nice, smooth skin. I wonder what product he uses on it.
>ウルトラマンって肌がツルツルで綺麗。 どんな手入れしてるのかな?

Ultraman in Super Hero Wars?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm about 20 episodes into ryukendo, and damn is the storytelling and pacing making wizard look like hot garbage. just about everyone has gotten some shine, and the story is moving along pretty well.

Top Bottom