• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

The question is... how much of the series will be on another planet, and then they'll go to earth? Or at least to planets exactly like Earth? I'm betting on the different planets showing up just on the first episode, maybe occasionally on flashbacks or on an odd episode.

(Hope I'm wrong).

Theme... hard to say without the vocals for the most part. At least I didn't instantly dislike it like with Ex-Aid's.

What's up with the space ship effects? Is it unfinished or something?

Part of me wishes that Kyuranger is not a 50ish episode series but rather a shorter, tighter one.

I think most series would benefit of something like that, but with 9 main characters... I think if there is room for a lot of character development and interesting episodes, without much filler.

But then, with so many characters, it's probable some of them and the villains will be underdeveloped.

I hope I'm also wrong in this, because Zyuohger's villains were kinda eh for most of the series, with each main villains shinning in a couple episodes and doing not much else.

NeonZ

Boukenger had some individual vehicle action in the 1st half once they start introducing the new vehicles, but it's kind of shafted in the 2nd one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
zmAzTsQ.jpg

this is a really weird main team

WarRock

The first episodes of Zyuohger and Kakuranger also have some neat individual zord scenes.

@Kyuranger trailer
Dang, that got me hyped. Really like the spheres being the cockpits. Any chance of that narrator appearing in the show though? )=

Boss Doggie

Ex Aid 16

Man, Tekken is serious business. Also finally Hiiro and Taiga are less asshole-ish. Also TATAKAE amongst the villains!

but this was great

vwekav.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The question is... how much of the series will be on another planet, and then they'll go to earth? Or at least to planets exactly like Earth? I'm betting on the different planets showing up just on the first episode, maybe occasionally on flashbacks or on an odd episode.

It is implied it won't be on Earth at least for the beginning. None of the scenes in the trailers are Earth, there's usually people in weird costumes or signs in Space Language(tm) or recolored skies, things like that. So they do want to do planet-of-the-week thing (even when it does look like suburban Tokyo with filters), the question is how far it will go, they could take it to the very end with Earth only appearing for the endgame, or they could Juspion out and come to Earth after the first few episodes.

NeonZ

Did they pick names out of a hat or something?

Den-O is there due to its 10 years anniversary. Zolda is there due to Ryuki's 15 years anniversary, and they likely wanted a Sentai colored team, so only one red. With Beet Buster and AoNinger, they'll likely make a reference to Beet Buster looking identical to AoNinger's magic teacher.

Still want to see Stronger in actual movie pictures. He was the oddest highlight in that first teaser and so far hasn't been seen in the trailers and magazine pictures. I'm happy to see Gattack is finally getting to appear in one of these movies though, even if just as a suit (he had small background cameos in Let's Go Kamen Riders and SHT, but never got even an action scene).

Den-O is there due to its 10 years anniversary. Zolda is there due to Ryuki's 15 years anniversary, and they likely wanted a Sentai colored team, so only one red. With Beet Buster and AoNinger, they'll likely make a reference to Beet Buster looking identical to AoNinger's magic teacher.

Still want to see Stronger in actual movie pictures. He was the oddest highlight in that first teaser and so far hasn't been seen in the trailers and magazine pictures. I'm happy to see Gattack is finally getting to appear in one of these movies though, even if just as a suit (he had small background cameos in Let's Go Kamen Riders and SHT, but never got even an action scene).

That would explain then. Thank you.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm wondering if Judd Lynn is losing his touch or it's due to mandate.

It's possible that Lynn needs limitations. Not a fool like Tzachor but someone else to run things.
In the early days he was working under a showrunner, when he took over RPM he had budget concerns. Now he has a lot of freedom and I think it's hurting things.

Or Nickelodeon is interfering more than we think. Hard to say.

Kids are a lot smarter then the people who write the show think.

For real. They were able to tell the "Super Megaforce" Rangers were pirates.

I'm not sure how we went from the decent Dino Charge, to the messy Dino Super Charge to the weirdness of Ninja Steel.

Nudull

Banned
I don't think Ninja Steel is that terrible so far, but it definitely feels like a "going through the motions" kind of season. I mean, it's not Megaforce levels of bad.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 47

Huh, in the end that arrow wasn't just for decoration.

Good to see some resolution between Yamato and his father. This plot point was actually well done!

I thought they would pull a reverse Flashman here,
with the Zyumans never being able to return home
... But I guess they'll not do something like that nowadays.

Aaaand... there goes Naria and the Sagitariark, just Genis remaining now. That was a fun mecha fight/action, and again they are using camera movements to make it a bit more interesting. I hope Kyuranger uses things like this more.

WarRock

Zyuohger 47
Pulling ropes without fingers seems hard
Zyuoh Elephant stunt actor pulled a fucking impressive flip in that last explosion
Naria died a jobber's death
That plot with Yamato hit too close home
Kyuranger better have the damn best roll call ever because I'm going to miss SEKAI NO OUJA and OUJA NO OUJA

Slayven

Zyuohger 47
Pulling ropes without fingers seems hard
Zyuoh Elephant stunt actor pulled a fucking impressive flip in that last explosion
Naria died a jobber's death
That plot with Yamato hit too close home
Kyuranger better have the damn best roll call ever because I'm going to miss SEKAI NO OUJA and OUJA NO OUJA

I will disappointed if the human actors don't do the roll call, but I can understand why they won't

BatDan

Zyuranger 47

Pulling a spaceship out of orbit by a rope. That's too awesome.

Good on Yamato for solving his issues with his dad. Wonder if that hit close to home for a lot of kids watching. If they were since I heard nobody really liked Zyuohger in Japan. SHIT TASTE

Bring on the finale!

I will disappointed if the human actors don't do the roll call, but I can understand why they won't

I'm sure they will. It's tradition.

NeonZ

Japan wasn't into Zyuohger? Was the show straight bombing, or...?

Toy-wise, it's doing pretty badly - lower numbers than Ninninger in spite of being an anniversary series, and Ninninger's numbers were already lower than any other recent show, including Go-Busters.

It also went right back to dropping ratings to "lowest ones ever" (ever since Shinkenger, pretty much every series has lower ratings than their predecessor, aside from Ninninger - although Kyoryuger had higher ratings with the young children demographic than Go-Busters) after Ninninger had recovered them a bit coming from Toqger.

BatDan

Ex-Aid 16

Man these "poor communication" episodes can be annoying. Hopefully that's the last of Niko (though I doubt it)

M is breaking out. Interesting that Hiiro is going to be sidelined for a bit.

So who's going to make the 2017 thread?

WarRock

Ex-Aid 16
- Hiiro worried about Emu and Taiga worried about Niko. What a bunch of tsundere.
- And now they were playing Tekken 7 back in 2010, dat product placement.
- Emu can transform without surgery because he has the game illness. Niko has the illness but can't transform. Girl Riders never ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Taiga and Niko at the end were great
- Seeing both him and Hiiro soften up and develop a bit is nice

(By the way, I just noticed one extra thing that bothers me with ParaDX. Dude is a fighter and a puyo puyo based Rider... and doesn't have chain combos based powers.)

Boss Doggie

Emu has more than just illness though. Kiriya found something even deeper. I guess ParaDX's chain combos refer to the power up stuff?

Also it's ep 16 :p

WarRock

Combining multiple power ups has nothing to do with puyo chains or fighting game chains though, but eh, whatever. And you're totally right, 16 =P

WarRock

Lv20 vs Lv50 (did I got the levels right?)

The thing is that Might Brothers getting ass kicked by ParaDX confirms that Gemn is screwed against him too, and since this episode proved they have a uneasy alliance...

Boss Doggie

Yeah, there's a future ep pic where
Para-DX is fighting Zombie

Also he was pretty pissed since he realized his plans are falling apart.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 16

It took its time, but even the villains can't work together in this, lol.

Aaaand... Brave is out, probably at least until his powerups. Taiga is more tsundere than ever, but eh, it did take some time for him to become even a bit friendly.

In the end, the girl's plot really was something a lot more simple than most things on this, hah.

WarRock

Didn't Kurokage or whatever it was the grunt-lancer guy from Gaim got down even faster without even doing his finisher? Not to mention some of the Ryuuki guys.

vareon

I don't think Kurokage or Gridon (or Knuckle) were meant to be anything powerful anyway. They used like C-tier Seeds.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I like that Niko is still sticking around, she's kinda grown on me and a much better female character than Poppy as she can get kinda annoying at times.

Toy-wise, it's doing pretty badly - lower numbers than Ninninger in spite of being an anniversary series, and Ninninger's numbers were already lower than any other recent show, including Go-Busters.

It also went right back to dropping ratings to "lowest ones ever" (ever since Shinkenger, pretty much every series has lower ratings than their predecessor, aside from Ninninger - although Kyoryuger had higher ratings with the young children demographic than Go-Busters) after Ninninger had recovered them a bit coming from Toqger.

Interesting, would explain why they worked with Bandai US.

How's Kamen Rider fairing I assume that the toy and show get better rating than Super Sentai?

- Emu can transform without surgery because he has the game illness. Niko has the illness but can't transform. Girl Riders never ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well to be fair, Niko is still a child...then again we had Fourze who was a high school teen so what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boss Doggie

Kamen Rider always have better toys.

Apparently the BoA thing is more to due with helping with toy ideas. Sentai toys as "pretend plays" don't sell much, so hopefully with BoA helping out we'd see figures.

Top Bottom