• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dumb chatter is a Power Rangers staple, though! All the way back to the days of MMPR!

This isn't the 90's anymore, children's shows have evolved to avoid lull destruction and allow for quiet moments. Rather, not attempting jokes every 5 seconds.
Again, I think Saban is stuck in that decade and refuses to adapt to current show standards.

Tenumi

Banned
This isn't the 90's anymore, children's shows have evolved to avoid lull destruction and allow for quiet moments. Rather, not attempting jokes every 5 seconds.
Again, I think Saban is stuck in that decade and refuses to adapt to current show standards.

...I was trying to joke around. I don't like it either.

I haven't seen a single episode of Operation Overdrive yet, so I haven't a clue how good or bad it really is. It'll be a while until I do watch any, since I'm gonna go through PR from the beginning at some point.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Its just really fucking terrible when you compare it next to Boukenger.

its really disjointed. and they never got to the point where they felt like a team. the strongest point in operation was the enemies

Rajack

Gain 16 was incredible with the foreshadowing.

I hated Boukenger so much that I didn't finish it. OO is much better IMO.

Please tell me you're not serious. Bouken Red and Bouken Silver alone make Boukenger so much better than the wooden actors that inhabit OO.

shaowebb

After seeing the Kamen Rider Fourze movie with Wizard (the Ultimatum movie) a long while back and going in and watching the Fourze episode "Gene's Milky Night Carnival" all I can do is feel REALLY sad for JK. He's putting his talents to use in his future, but it just seems a bit removed from his old goals.

WillyFive

Boukenger was boring, OO caused physical damage to you if you watched it. Pick your poison.

Well Kyoryuger 47 was an amazing episode

Yeah. I knew Sakamoto would have to do something amazing in order to live up to all the stuff he has done already on the show, but this episode was fantastic, and it's not even the actual finale.

Zynx

Wow, Gaim's new lemon/orange form is even uglier than the base riders...

But everything else continues to be so awesome. Even though the show's keeping what Michy/Takatora see a secret from us for now, it's a good reason for Michy to change his mind, and not just "misunderstandings".

I really like how things keep developing at a good pace. Nothing like those shitty 2-episode arcs where nothing happens except a monster gets destroyed.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
After seeing the Kamen Rider Fourze movie with Wizard (the Ultimatum movie) a long while back and going in and watching the Fourze episode "Gene's Milky Night Carnival" all I can do is feel REALLY sad for JK. He's putting his talents to use in his future, but it just seems a bit removed from his old goals.

has the wizard movie come out yet? i might not hae been paying attention and missed it

jwk94

Gain 16 was incredible with the foreshadowing.

Please tell me you're not serious. Bouken Red and Bouken Silver alone make Boukenger so much better than the wooden actors that inhabit OO.

I am. I actually realized that I don't dislike any of the PR seasons (except MMPR) after I started watching some of the Disney seasons again last year.

Rajack

I am. I actually realized that I don't dislike any of the PR seasons (except MMPR) after I started watching some of the Disney seasons again last year.

I'm....honestly not sure how to respond to this because OO is a steaming pile of rotten garbo.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm actually surprised OO got terrible acting, since Disney-era rangers got TV shows

Mostly in New Zealand/Australia, where the actor pool is significantly smaller than in the US. Therefore you're inevitably going to end up with more bad actors in shows.

Not to mention, most of them that DID have a career after PR usually ended up in soaps, which aren't exactly known for quality acting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
oh shit micchy

According to the extended summary, he basically hires Oren and Jonouchi to pull off the deed.

One pic shows Jonouchi flirting with Kouta's sister at the cafe, glad to see he's back after not appearing for a bit, wonder if he'll learn about Hase from Kouta?

Top Bottom