• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Are we gonna see more Rider Lock Seeds?

Also glad to see Hongo isn't bashing all the Hesei Riders, but rather just Kouta since he's new. I'll imagine it'll tie into the current arc of the show where he's still unsure of what he's doing.

i have a wierd feeling kabuto is gonna be the first rider out. hes so damn broken its the only way to keep the fight somewhat fair

Not going to lie when I saw Gaim 14

I was sad & said damn! The show has gotten to be so much more from the beginning.

Here I thought it was about whiny break dancers and their pokemon.

I demand more! I think the DJ is the grand master behind it all.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's rumors going around that we're getting LS-02 Walnut: Kamen Rider Knuckle soon.

Also Kouta uses the Lemon Energy, Mitsuzane is ordered to steal the Driver from Kouta by Takatora, and Baron uses the Suika Arms.

There's rumors going around that we're getting LS-02 Walnut: Kamen Rider Knuckle soon.

Also Kouta uses the Lemon Energy, Mitsuzane is ordered to steal the Driver from Kouta by Takatora, and Baron uses the Suika Arms.

Guess the Gaim Sengoku/Genesis Driver combo and the Kachidoki Lock Seed/DJ Gun form are coming later?

LostAnkh

This is my collection so far:

v74frbMl.jpg

*These are the Gashapon version Lockseeds.
*Lockseeds behind are:
-Matsubokkuri (Good night pretty boy. :.( )
-Budou
-Melon

Excluding Legacy Power Morpher and Megazord, and the soon-to-arrive Sengoku Driver. I plan on getting a display cabinet, so I will be showing my collection properly.

Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but P-Bandai is going to release a DX Bravo & Guridon set in July (pre-orders start on Feb 24). All I gotta say is, WHERE'S DAT KUROKAGE SET?

Watch Da Birdie

Also, in the movie, seems Badan have Lock Seeds that turn the user into a "Badan Cyborg" or whatever.

And the main bad guy is trying to collect the 15 Hesei Rider Lock Seeds or something.

I'm surprised Kouta's getting lemon too, I thought they were gonna pair them up, so Kouta would get Melon, and Kaito would get Lemon, y'know, due to the same cultural theme.

shaowebb

Im on about episode 26 of Fourze now. I can't really describe how I feel about this series

Its odd...Fourze is taking me a long time and its not like its one of the better shows that I've seen or one of the worst. Its just really memorable on its own. Almost seperate in how it feels. I think it has a really good cast and they develop well. Meteor is definitely around to fill in all the lack of cool that Fourze has as a Rider since he's meant to be an idiot and all young/naive as his thing. The rest of the cast also fill in the gaps in his personality just like every other series does with its supporting cast.

Usually I can sit through a series easier than this unless its a rough one like Wizard that never developed, but Fourze developed a ton and I still only watch like an episode or 2 a week. Maybe its just the aesthetics of Fourze's suit design preventing me from getting into him as the focus of the show or something. After all, I mainly got into Kamen Rider for my previous degree that I finished to help me come up with art designs and different ideas. I could see myself snatching up a Meteor figure, but never really a Fourze one...and I ran into all of his forms this year at Tsubasacon too to back that statement up. Passed on all of them.

Gotta say the monster designs though in Fourze are generally pretty damned stellar. I think Fourze as a whole was never supposed to be cool as a character so they designed his tools and such to reflect how much of a goofball he is supposed to be.

Whatever, it is the show works and is good. I'd put it mid tier for me so far, but its supporting cast and secondary Rider are some of the best thats ever been done so it may raise higher as I keep going.

WillyFive

I liked Fourze a very great deal. All the characters were great; it had plenty of cool moments, good villains, and unlike various other shows, the actual narrative was simple and made sense all the way to the show's ending (where a lot of shows tend to fall apart, introducing stuff to make it more dramatic as opposed to making it tie in well with what the show was before then).

I liked the designs though; I thought Fourze was really nice looking and inspired, and stood out well from the other Riders. Meteor also had a really great design, very slick and well suited for martial arts. Also, Fourze had the best movies.

Watch Da Birdie

Gaim 16 and 17 Summaries

2/2 (ep.16)
The Dandeliner Brigade chases Gaim and Baron as they race through the Helheim forest. In order to lose their enemies, the two dash through a rip in space. Meanwhile, Invess begin to appear in jewels that some of the shops in the city have. Mai and co. go after them, and run across Sonomura (Kitadai Takashi) in the back of an alley.

2/9 (ep.17)
To ascertain if he’s suitable for becoming a member of the giant “Yggdrasil”, Takatora orders Mitsuzane to retrieve Kouta’s Sengoku Driver.

Sonomura is the Red Hot Leader who Bravo stole the Sengoku Driver from...apparently he's becoming an Invase next.

Also rumors have it that the rumored Kamen Rider Knuckle is
Zack, the BA-BANANA! guy of Team Baron

Gaim 16 and 17 Summaries

Sonomura is the Red Hot Leader who Bravo stole the Sengoku Driver from...apparently he's becoming an Invase next.

Also rumors have it that the rumored Kamen Rider Knuckle is
Zack, the BA-BANANA! guy of Team Baron

if that scrub(lesser character so far) becomes one it'll be good if he fights with Baron for power.

Dat tension

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Waaaaay better than the rumors of it being some grim dark toei hero next thing.

Also: dairanger dairanger dairanger dairanger dairanger

alvmew

Kyoryuger 46

Dantetsu killing Torin was all part of their plan to help stop the end of the world? You don't say...

Kyoryuger 47 (Preview)

So we ARE getting female Cyan and a new Grey in-show. Neat!

Gaim 15

God damn it Micchi. Just tell him Yuuya is dead already. At least Takatora(batts) now knows about him...

Gaim 16 (Preview)

Jinba Lemon is glorious. Can't wait.

shaowebb

Guys if any of you were a fan of Famikamen Rider reviews on youtube I think you should see this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758021

Justin Carmical, AKA JewWario, AKA Famikamen Rider is dead. Suicide. This is like a punch in the gut. He was so nice when we talked. One of the few reviewers for things related to Toku and one of the most genuine guys out there on youtube. This is a real tragedy...

WillyFive

Tokkyuger's theme is nice, and seems to follow a similar structure to the Kyoryuger one (starts off with a slow tempo and speeds up and ends with a really fast one).

The ending theme however is very 90's, reminding me of the feelings the GoGoV and Carranger endings used to give me.

Guys if any of you were a fan of Famikamen Rider reviews on youtube I think you should see this thread.

Justin Carmical, AKA JewWario, AKA Famikamen Rider is dead. Suicide. This is like a punch in the gut. He was so nice when we talked. One of the few reviewers for things related to Toku and one of the most genuine guys out there on youtube. This is a real tragedy...

His wife's candor description of his last moments were heartbreaking.

shaowebb

Tokkyuger's theme is nice, and seems to follow a similar structure to the Kyoryuger one (starts off with a slow tempo and speeds up and ends with a really fast one).

The ending theme however is very 90's, reminding me of the feelings the GoGoV and Carranger endings used to give me.

His wife's candor description of his last moments were heartbreaking.

Its really just something I can't rap my head around. I still remember talking to him about his belt and giving him some advice on action setups to try for shots and pacing. I even found the drawing of Famikamen Rider I did for him to celebrate his project and cheer him on. I never got the cartridge layed out to put in his other hand though...

Its really horrible to discover he was battling depression like that and lost.His family is going to have it rough on this. They should probably seek counseling to help with this. Its never easy when someone close to you loses to depression and does this...it can really crush those left behind and I hope they get someone to help them deal with this tragedy. They are gonna need all the support they can get.

vareon

RIP. Never watched his videos, but he seemed to get some respect here in GAF. Condolences to his family and most importantly his wife. That must be terrible and I hope she gets strong support from family and friends.

Daaaaaaaaamn. I propose TokuGAF for the thread title and ToqGAF for the banner.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
RIP. Never watched his videos, but he seemed to get some respect here in GAF. Condolences to his family and most importantly his wife. That must be terrible and I hope she gets strong support from family and friends.

Daaaaaaaaamn. I propose TokuGAF for the thread title and ToqGAF for the banner.

and theres so many train related things for the sub title too.

Watch Da Birdie

After Gaim 14 I still think "The Butcher's Back on Track" is perfect.

Also I'm guessing the Kamen Rider Knuckle rumor is true, since Kaito stole a Sengoku Driver in the new episode which he'll give to Zack I guess.

Yeah so I was reading stuff

So the actor of Kamen Rider Baron, Yutaka Kobayashi, was originally supposed to be casted as Marvelous for Gokaiger(?!). He left the role to tackle something else

In other news I'm falling hard for Kamen Rider Marika's(Peach) actress. Hmm mmm

Zynx

Aesir-Subs for Gaim 15 are out. Very neat to finally see the agendas becoming clear, and more on the "adulthood" theme. Will be interesting to see how the story eventually intersects with the episode 1 foreshadowing.

Top Bottom