• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

ReiGun

I'm so scared Gaim isn't going to be able to maintain this momentum all the way through to the end. This is seriously really good.

Because making Kouta unstable when they're trying to escape isn't a good idea.

Yeah that was about the worst time to break the news that Kouta killed Yuuya to him.

Rajack

RIP Xiao Fu :(

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/01/voice-actor-ichiro-nagai-passed-away.html

Voice actor Ichiro Nagai (age 82) was discovered collapse in a Hiroshima hotel. He was taken in a hospital, but he eventually passed away.

The cause of his death is currently unknown and the police are currently investigating on that matter. Nagai is best known for his role as Happosai in Ranma 1/2, Karin in Dragon Ball and Chairman Isaac Netero in the 2011 Hunter x Hunter anime. His final anime role was in the second episode of Space Dandy as the Phantom Ramen Shop owner.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MY MAN AIGARON. I HATE IT HAD TO BE HIM. :(

shimiruwa.gif

沁みるわ。。。

LostAnkh

Thoughts on the new Gaim scans:
-The new rider has a funky color scheme...
-The Taisen movie villain looks TERRIBLE. And the fact that he's using the Legend Rider arms is making it worse.
-Oh hey, we finally get to see some Sentai members in the movie
-Orange Jinba Lemon Arms shoots Lemon balls out of the Sonic Arrow.
-These new LSV's are ridiculous.
-Uh, I guess you guys made an extra Lemon ELS? WHOOPS.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Something tells me that new Rider doesn't chuckle...

He'd rather flex his muscles.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
So what is the movie-exclusive Rider's
Decade Arms (which looks even worse than all the previous Legend Arms holy fuck)
supposed to do? Being the Kamen Rider version of
Super Megaforce
?

alvmew

Gaim Scans:

Love Kamen Rider Knuckle. Jinba Lemon still looks fantastic, can't wait to see it in show. But then (Not) Super Hero Taisen 3: Shit Harder looks... uh....... yeah. :/

Decade Arms (which looks even worse than all the previous Legend Arms holy fuck)
Super Megaforce
?

It instantly makes everything his fault.

NeonZ

I like Kamen Rider Fifteen's base design, but, yeah, the Rider Arms really don't work well with him. It's kind of odd considering how he was designed specifically to use them, unlike Gaim and the others, but he looks worse with Rider Arms than Gaim's Riders did. The scans say that Fifteen can use Rider Arms of all 15 Heisei Riders, although it only has picture of four arms (with only Decade's being new and the others are just recycled props from Sengoku Movie Battle)....

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't make a new suit for Tigeroid from Badan though, but at least they made a monster form for Ambassador Darkness, who didn't transform in the original ZX special for whatever reason, even though there are magazine pictures showing that they had a suit for him. Anyway, now I just hope that the final villain is the Great Leader/Badan Generalissimo. The ZX special ended with him alive and taunting the Riders, and an atmosphere of "the battle is just beginning!". This has always made Bandan the best choice for a returning Showa organization, since they were never technically destroyed.

Edit:

Thinking about it, in ZX itself, Bandan's Great Leader's form was a giant skull phantom in the sky, and now we have this skeleton themed Rider... I wonder if it'll actually turn out to be the Great Leader? That would also explain why they went with an older actor for the new Rider (to look old enough to be a Showa era antagonist). The Great Leader's VA died, but they've recast basically every Shocker commander anyway, always going with older actors though.

NeonZ

Super Megaforce
?

Decade had kick, shooting and slash finishers, as well as the illusion card (multiple copies that fight independently), and several one shot abilities (like boosts of energy in some of his attacks that seemed to result in higher power). Decade Arms can be pretty useful by itself.

KingDirk

Guys my fiance and I started watching Fourze last winter after I came across the excellent "Ask Chris" article about it. I was only peripherally aware of the metaseries, and figured my fiance would watch the first episode with me and then say 'Yeah, this is a you thing.'

Four months later and we've watched Wizard, OOO, W, and Den-O. Currently going through Kiva and following Gaim.

I'm subscribing this thread because holey moley do I love this nonsense.

Long time no see, TokuGaf! Another periodic update on my viewings. Watched a few more episodes of Kyoryuger a while ago, but haven't dedicated serious time to catching up with the series yet. I'll be missing out on the finale with you guys, but I also would rather not speed through it as the pacing is exhausting after a long day of work. haha

I did finish OOO and I must say it's probably got my favorite OST out of the Kamen Riders I've watched so far. Enjoyed the plot for what it was and the 2-episode arcs meant little to no surprises when it came to pacing. But man I really loved the music for it.

Also, I'm officially done with all of Den-O, movies included! Only thing I didn't cover was the crossover Decade episodes but I figure I'll see them when and if I decide to tackle Decade. Once I've covered more Heisei Riders I may do a ranking of personal preferences. W still holds a special place in my heart since it was the first Kamen Rider series I watched.

In other news, I've started Fourze and it's really served well as a counterpoint to all the heavy stuff coming into Gaim each week. About a quarter of the way through the series so far. Still giving me the 2-episode arc feel so I'm not anticipating any huge surprises as of yet. On the other hand, Gaim's plot feels like we're in the final arcs, but in reality we're not even halfway through the show yet! Going to be interesting to see if the show can continue to outdo itself and continuously up the ante.

jwk94

So I'm catching up on Kyoryuger and I got to the film episode that focuses on Blue. I can't believe I didn't realize Yuuko was DekaYellow this whole time. I really want a Dekaranger reunion =/

EDIT:
Whelp, finally caught up. I feel like they rushed the hell outta the ending.

You and me both! I'm currently watching Gaim and Fourze at the same time too. They balance well.

Haha what a coincidence! Yeah I think watching silly high school antics works well to fill in for the lack of humor in the current arcs of Gaim. The kids in Gaim only wish they had a high school life like Gentaro and company!

WillyFive

The suit actors of ToQger:

C5VV5fN.jpg

TOQ 1GOU: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (Kyoryu Red - Red Buster - Gokai Blue)

TOQ 2GOU: Masashi Takada (Kyoryu Blue - Gokai Blue SHT ver.)

TOQ 3GOU: Ryoko Gomi (?)

TOQ 4GOU: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (Kyoryu Black - Blue Buster - Gokai Green)

TOQ 5GOU: Mizuho Nogawa (Kyoryu Pink - Escape Evolve - Gokai Pink)

And here's the full theme song and ending theme (albeit in poor quality).

Top Bottom