• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

bplewis24

Neo Member
Great graphic, especially considering how much moderate liberals love citing MLK when denouncing leftist protests and nonviolent direct action.

That's exactly how it happened in the 1960s.

The people MLK are talking about sound like conservatives to me. Not moderates. :/

Nowadays, yes. But back then? They could have been both liberals and conservatives. There are a few scenes in Mad Men that depict this quite well. Some characters who established themselves as passively pro-civil rights, suddenly balked when there were marches in Selma and the like that ended with riot police arresting black people and hosing them down. Their attitude was that this protesting is "disruptive" and maybe it's "more trouble than it's worth." Or maybe "we're just not ready for it, so let's wait until another time." That is precisely what that MLK quote is speaking to.

So we all pro death penalty now?

I am not, no. I hope he rots in jail for the remainder of his life.

My God.

May the victims of this terror attack rest in peace. My prayers go to them, their friends and families.

You know what would be great? If this latest terrorist incident accelerated the removal and destruction of every CSA statue, every 'Dixie' flag in the USA.

Trump might pardon him.

the fact that this is possible is kind of a sign that the US needs reform

maybe someone will find an opportunity to fix that whole constitution nonsense. don't know who would be able to force it through though, since the country has literally zero leadership

Media

Not if Jeff Sessions has anything to say about it. Hell, Trump might pardon him.

Was just watching CNN and Sessions condemed racism and said he's opening a civil rights investigation into the attack.

I wondered how much it deeply hurt him to say that.

Trump can't pardon state charges, and while things are bad, it's still not remotely politically viable to pardon a nazi who murdered at least one person in what appears to be a terrorist attack.

Hazmat

the fact that this is possible is kind of a sign that the US needs reform

maybe someone will find an opportunity to fix that whole constitution nonsense. don't know who would be able to force it through though, since the country has literally zero leadership

It isn't possible. He'll be charged with state crimes in Virginia and the President can't do anything about those.

And he wouldn't anyway! Anyone that even briefly entertains the notion that Trump would pardon a (potentially) convicted murderer because the people he murdered were political opponents of his doesn't have their head on straight.

Dynasty

He can't even try. There's no way to do it.

He asked his lawyers if it is possible for him to pardon himself. Not putting it past him to ask his lawyers if it is possible to pardon this poor, innocent, misunderstood white cis male who has the rest of his life ahead of him who just made silly mistake.

Especially since he refused to denounce this terrorist attack.

Was just watching CNN and Sessions condemed racism and said he's opening a civil rights investigation into the attack.

I wondered how much it deeply hurt him to say that.

No, Sessions investigating this attack is something only moderates would believe in. The reality is that Trump and Sessions will award this man the Medal of Honor, and anyone who says otherwise is the enemy. We must only believe the absolute most extreme and cartoonish version of the truth, if we want to remain pure.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have a knife and fork. Will gladly accept crow when it happens.

This isn't Donald Trump and his lackeys who will be protected by the GOP till the end of time.

This guy represents Trump and every single person who voted for him, but they have no loyalty to him. They will throw him under the bus and say "see, we hold him responsible". It won't change any of their minds, but this guy will go to prison.

Just ask yourself this. What does Trump get from pardoning him? Nothing. There is nothing to gain from it. We've seen him throw people under the bus over and over again. He has no loyalty to this terrorist, no matter how much he agrees with him.

My God.

May the victims of this terror attack rest in peace. My prayers go to them, their friends and families.

You know what would be great? If this latest terrorist incident accelerated the removal and destruction of every CSA statue, every 'Dixie' flag in the USA.

Long past time, yes.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
He asked his lawyers if it is possible for him to pardon himself. Not putting it past him to ask his lawyers if it is possible to pardon this poor, innocent, misunderstood white cis male who has the rest of his life ahead of him who just made silly mistake. Especially since he refused to denounce this terrorist attack.

Dude I know emotions are running high but take a breath. There is absolutely no way this happens. Sure Trump is a giant scrotum but let's keep perspective and stay tethered to reality. The thought of pardoning his guy will never cross anyone in this terrible administrations mind.

KHarvey16

He asked his lawyers if it is possible for him to pardon himself. Not putting it past him to ask his lawyers if it is possible to pardon this poor, innocent, misunderstood white cis male who has the rest of his life ahead of him who just made silly mistake. Especially since he refused to denounce this terrorist attack.

Trying to pardon himself is actually debatable. Pardoning this person isn't.

Joe

screenshot_82.png

James Alex Fields with Vanguard America.

http://frfl.siteintelgroup.com/16-w...festo-details-outreach-initiatives-across-u-s
Vanguard America, a White Nationalist organization in the U.S., has promoted and detailed various outreach initiatives across the country.

A three-point, 457-word manifesto on Vanguard America's website states, ”Our America is to be a nation exclusively for the White American peoples," and states in part:
...it is logical that America must be once again built from the ground up to recapture the glory an Aryan nation deserves. Vanguard America stands indomitably opposed to the tyranny of globalism and capitalism, a system under which nations are stripped of their heritage and their people are turned into nothing more than units of cheap, expendable labor. Vanguard America, and our nationalist allies across the Western world, see a world of nations ruled by their own people, for their own people.
A Nation For Our People – An America based on the immutable truths of Blood and Soil. A multicultural nation is no nation at all, but a collection of smaller ethnic nations ruled over by an overbearing tyrannical state. Our America is to be a nation exclusively for the White American peoples who out of the barren hills, empty plains, and vast mountains forged the most powerful nation to ever have existed.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
No, Sessions investigating this attack is something only moderates would believe in. The reality is that Trump and Sessions will award this man the Medal of Honor, and anyone who says otherwise is the enemy. We must only believe the absolute most extreme and cartoonish version of the truth, if we want to remain pure.
You are my new favorite poster

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

What is wrong with you?

A Nation For Our People – An America based on the immutable truths of Blood and Soil. A multicultural nation is no nation at all, but a collection of smaller ethnic nations ruled over by an overbearing tyrannical state. Our America is to be a nation exclusively for the White American peoples who out of the barren hills, empty plains, and vast mountains forged the most powerful nation to ever have existed.

...after we killed the natives of course

Slayven

Jeff Sessions literally tried to jail black people for voting. It's not cartoonish if it not that far from the truth

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think you'd have to be pretty dumb to think Trump would try to pardon this guy. Trump doesn't give a shit about him.
Reminder that Trump promised one of his supporters he would pay for legal fees after he attacked a protestor.

It probably never happened but he encourages this shit.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
"White American peoples" lol aight like y'all didn't storm in here and kill my ancestors then take their shit and call it "discovery".

Aw look you found a buddy! Now you can tag team concern trolling.
You have people here considering that Trump will pardon this lunatic.. that is beyond ridiculous

Preacher

This is why I hate when people walk around pulling this "both sides" garbage constantly.
Those people are scumbags who continue to enable this abhorrent behavior. These people will repeatedly berate liberal principles to defend alt right ideas and pretend to be neutral when they're just although right sympathizers.

It's incredibly annoying and it hurts to see this garbage as a minority and American citizen. Why am I expected to serve, pledge, or do anything for this country when people don't even respect my rights as a human being or even qualify me as one.
It's ridiculous and frustratint that people who go out of their way to protest are berated by people masquerading as neutral parties who attempt to demonize both sides as a way of feigning moral superiority.
Honestly sick of it

Do you feel better now?

Also Congrats on your new fanbase:

Schattenjäger;246024198 said:
You are my new favorite poster

Socivol

Trump can't pardon state charges, and while things are bad, it's still not remotely politically viable to pardon a nazi who murdered at least one person in what appears to be a terrorist attack.

I know he can't pardon him but if he could I wouldn't be surprised if he tried. It's at the point where I literally think that if Trump said he wanted to bring back slavery his supporters (and most Republicans in general) would support it.

hobozero

XMI0aZO.png

NVRe7Ut.jpg

IMC da gawd. this shithead spent years talking about "ethics in game journalism"
edit - his source was a thread on /pol/ btw

Since someone asked, some google research shows the symbol to be a crossed "fasces" - which is apparently a white supremacist symbol used in Germany. Looks like a bundle of sticks around a rod or halberd. Found the following example of a flag used at the protests:

Not like there is any ambiguity about the protest pic in the first place, but here's more confirmation he is definitely a white nationalist bag of shit.

And now to clear my browsing history, cause fuck this guy.

Schattenjäger;246024480 said:
Sorry I don't spend all my free time on GAF
What is there to contribute - most of the people here got it right

Because your entire shtick is popping in or making a thread to go "see Liberals/BLM/whatever else are just as bad".

Top Bottom