• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

So does anyone actually have a gif or video of the final moments yet?

gallery-1474292982-vice-principals-4.jpg

okdakor

Maybe it's "just" a school shooting, not Lee, not Belinda, not another teacher... Kid burns the principal's car to drag him out and starts to shoot. No reason, and next season starts with the aftermath.

It's Dayshawn

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe it's "just" a school shooting, not Lee, not Belinda, not another teacher... Kid burns the principal's car to drag him out and starts to shoot. No reason, and next season starts with the aftermath.

It's Dayshawn

Those Chocolate Chip Pancakes didn't come without a cost

kmfdmpig

I think they'll try to throw a swerve and make it someone less obvious like Ms. Abbot or Belinda's child or ex. Lee is evil, and I could see him doing something like that, but I think it's more likely that he would try to take out Gamby in a more subtle way (he certainly tried to get Gamby to admit guilt by the flagpole for a conversation he was likely recording).

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't think Lee has the balls to actually shoot someone. It doesn't fit with his passive aggressive / sneaky / cowardly nature.

Matticers

Man, I loved this show. I'm glad we're getting nine more episodes.

My first thought was that it's Belinda's ex but the shooter seems too skinny to be him. Plus that would be a quick turnaround for him to find out what happened to her, come back, plan that out and execute it all in like... 24 hours. Plus it's obviously a message sort of thing. They want to scare Gamby into leaving the job or whatever because if they wanted to kill him, he'd be dead.

I don't think it's Russell. Only because it's too obvious and I think he could find easier ways to get rid of Gamby with all the sneaky stuff he pulls. Not to mention Gamby seems like his only friend at this point and someone who is actually useful to Russell. But I do think Gamby will think it's him and it will rekindle their rivalry/fighting to start next season until they both figure out who really did it. If they make Ray the shooter, it would ruin the show. His character is perfect. lol

Clipjoint

Just in the context of a two-season story arc, I have to believe it was Lee. They have 9 episodes to wrap things up, and I doubt they're going back to the well of making Belinda the antagonist. Gamby will assume it's her, but the show will end with a Lee vs Gamby showdown like never seen before. It'll be epic.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Clearly the shooter was Lee's mother-in-law, who is now slightly proud of him and helping him secure his new position.

kaskade

I agree that lee seems too obvious. It does make sense because we do know he wants the position all to himself though. The show is pretty good at deceiving us. We originally thought it was going to be the two of them against each other when that wasn't the case.

KingKong

Just in the context of a two-season story arc, I have to believe it was Lee. They have 9 episodes to wrap things up, and I doubt they're going back to the well of making Belinda the antagonist. Gamby will assume it's her, but the show will end with a Lee vs Gamby showdown like never seen before. It'll be epic.

yeah that's how I feel

also they made sure to show that the shooter wasn't aiming to kill which would only make sense for Lee to want him out of the picture

dave is ok

aztek is ok
But why wouldn't he shoot his neighbor? Lee seems twisted, almost an imaginary figure for Gamby in the early episodes. He never seemed to have it in him to cross the line.
Yeah, he's a psycho but he's also kind of meek. So unless winning Belinda's job somehow invigorated him it's kind of not in character

kevin1025

Banned
I'm going with Lee's neighbor. Even though there's the sidewalk, he's still taller than Danny McBride. No one takes brass knuckles and forgets about it!

Solo

It's definitely Lee, just not Lee, you know? He's not strong enough to actually do it himself, but he's crazy enough to pay someone to do it. Besides, him not doing it himself AND having the hitman torch his car gives him an alibi, plausible deniability, and no motive (only we the audience know his motive). A crime that doesn't implicate him and yet solves all of his problems, so which is Lee to a tee.

Great show, great performances, great season. Got better and better as it progressed.

bodine1231

Can someone PLEASE make an "End of the line slut" gif with Goggins,I almost pissed myself when he told her that,his delivery is so perfect.

Matty77

Honestly I was going to love this anyway because Jody and Danny are my favorite brand of comedy, but the way they upped the drama and character depth may have catapulted this into one of the best single seasons of television I have ever watched.

Honestly I was going to love this anyway because Jody and Danny are my favorite brand of comedy, but the way they upped the drama and character depth may have catapulted this into one of the best single seasons of television I have ever watched.

I agree completely. I didn't realize it until I finished the season and digested it as a whole but this somehow unexpectedly snuck up as one of my favourite seasons of TV ever.

Sanjuro

Still having a hard time with Lee. I don't think they would have turned him into a sympathetic protagonist in order to make him out to be something beyond the narrative.

Even Hayden makes more sense to me.

Woetyler

What a crazy ending. Lee is a sick fuck but this see a bit extreme even for him. Sucks we have to wait a year to see this unfold.

I don't really want it to be Lee though. I found that all of this made them closer as friends, and put everything past. Sure he's a sick fuck, but still, it's what keeps that friendship alive.

It's definitely not Russell. Shooting someone like that isn't really is MO. Look at how he acted with his neighbor and Belinda. If he had it in him to kill he would've done it with them already. Taking down Gamby by setting him up at the flagpole using his spy toys is way more his style. Even though that failed he's still is the type to play the long con instead of getting it over with quickly. I don't think he would find the joy in just shooting someone like he would taking them down his own way. I mean, look how happy he was after taking down Belinda. I can't see him acting that happy after hiring a hitman or whatever. That's too lazy for him.

Wait!! I may be remembering this wrong, but didn't Lee joke about hiring a homeless person to murder someone in one of the earlier episodes? Like when he was briefly friends with the drama teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom