• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want to play The Evil Within on PC at a locked 1080p60? No chance. (Eurogamer)

turcy

i refuse to play this game.

merely because of how infuriating it is when my newly built $3,000.00 CAD computer can't play a game at a smooth 60fps.

-MD-

It seems more than a little odd that if this is the IdTech 5 engine, which even a decent rig destroys at 60 fps... we can't even hit 60?

The question then becomes why? This has to be on the developers, no?

It can't hit 60 because whatever they did to modify the engine brought it down to their target 30, it hits 30 on consoles but it dips frequently, it's 100% locked on 30 on PC with absolutely no dips. Shits just not optimized for it (yet)

merely because of how infuriating it is when my newly built $3,000.00 CAD computer can't play a game at a smooth 60fps.

Sucks. Great game.

It can't hit 60 because whatever they did to modify the engine brought it down to their target 30, it hits 30 on consoles but it dips frequently, it's 100% locked on 30 on PC with absolutely no dips.

It seems as though what they did is break the damned thing.

It would be nice to get a statement from these folks with a bit of an explanation. Or is that too much to ask in the day and age of "parity" between systems?

Stimpack

I do agree with it being my fault for buying the parts late July, but cmon, I looked at my specs and my PC can play, Ryse, Dragon Age Inquisition, Alien isolation and Project cars just fine. Why is it this game that requires more?

Honestly, I don't know why this specific game requires more, but with consoles allowing for more VRAM we're going to see higher resolution textures which will require more. Plus the popularity of open-world games means we'll be seeing larger and more open areas, which should require more VRAM. Honestly, at the end of the generation games were already easily taking up 2-3 GBs. Ultimately, whether it's today or tomorrow, this was going to happen. It's not the developers who are to blame, personally I think people should be upset with card manufacturers for not providing adequate ram on their cards.

Nvidia and ATi knew where the pack was headed, there's no reason why the 700/900 series shouldn't have 4GB standards for mid-range cards. It wouldn't surprise me if they did this on purpose in order to "force" people in buying new cards.

But idk. All I know is that this seemed like a long time coming to me.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

People really spend this much outright? $1000-1500 maybe $2000 I can understand but $3000?

lol damn

My rig's pretty good and it still gets dips here and there in the 20's.

Seriously might be the most unoptimized game I've ever played. Crysis 3 on max settings ran better.

Top Bottom