• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Story Trailer leaks on Xbox360 preview dashboard / Release 05.27.14

cameron

The environment looks rough compared to the E3 reveal, but maybe the city is huge. The animation is all jank. Voice acting is okay.

Still has my attention.

Holy shit this looks so fucking hokey lool. I actually cringed while watching that crap.
ku-xlarge.gif

Gotta admit some games are trying too hard to be a movie, but then again they've already sold the rights to a film based on Watch Dogs didn't they?

Usually I'm not much of a graphics guy but the people saying that this looks better visually? To what exactly? This looks a lot worse to me than the E3 reveal.

Castef

Banned
It just shows the 360 boxart because it's the trailer which can be found later today on the 360 dashboard.

Yep. Yet, at the same time, it i weird that in a Microsoft-exclusive trailer there is no mention of the Xbox One edition.

Next-gen versions delayed?

JordanKZ

With those graphics... I have no idea where Ubisoft's previous recommended specs came from.

Lighting looks flat, models look fairly low poly. Although you can basically guarantee PC performance is going to be all over the place, again.

Bailers

Not so disappointed now that I wasn't able to cancel my preorder.

Looking good. Can't wait for summer so I can walk around Chicago to compare the game visuals to the actual city.

Yep. Yet, at the same time, it i weird that in a Microsoft-exclusive trailer there is no mention of the Xbox One edition.

It's not a Microsoft exclusive trailer, it just leaked early via Microsoft platforms. The trailer will be the same but with different boxart on each consoles respective trailer outlet.

ekim

nah - they always do this with trailers on the 360 dashboard. Titanfall trailer is the same - it also only shows the 360 boxart iirc.

styl3s

Whenever this guy speaks i just see Corey Feldman and i am still not sure if that's a bad thing or good thing.

That doesn't look very good. To think I was so hyped for this after the unveiling. I'm still in though, but if it wasn't for that Uplay price mistake I would probably not have bothered with it.

Hanmik

let´s hope Ubisoft has learned something...

NO MORE FUCKING MISSIONS WHERE WE HAVE TO EAVESDROP OR TAIL PERSONS....

pfeewwww glad to get that out ..

Kinyou

Some of those cutscenes looked like FMV compared to the gameplay footage.

Looks good, pretty hype trailer.
Pretty sure that some of the scenes in the beginning of the trailer are from the E3 CGI trailer.

Edit: on second look... Seems like I'm wrong

Though also wouldn't be surprised if the cutscenes in the game pre-rendered in the game's engine.

Darksol

This is one of those games where I was instantly hooked from the reveal, and have lost more interest with every single update/trailer/preview they've shown since then. At this point, I'm not buying it.

DrBo42

I actually like eavesdrop missions in spy type genres. They're a legitimate way of gaining intelligence. Game designers just need to figure out how to make it interesting rather than having your target look behind them at certain intervals.

When did he turn into a killing machine? I always got the impression from past trailers that he was avoiding trouble as much as he can, of course you can play it in multiple styles but for some reason I always thought they were pushing the stealth aspect more.

styl3s

I actually like eavesdrop missions in spy type genres. They're a legitimate way of gaining intelligence. Game designers just need to figure out how to make it interesting rather than having your target look behind them at certain intervals.

I thought L.A Noire did a fun one with sneaking into the place and lifting the newspaper. I think if you make everyone different like that i can get behind it. But stay behind and follow X or 3 miles and don't get to close or walk behind but stay in the circle and blend into the crowd for the next 8 minutes is just not fun and it does nothing for the game imo.

Make it fun and interesting and different. I can only follow in a circle and dive into bushes so many goddamn times.

SJRB

Gold Member

Eavesdropping is now hacking into someone's phone and listening in on their conversation.

hachi

Banned
I don't think I retain any interest whatsoever after that trailer. I wanted a smart, contemporary approach to open world gaming with tech and information at its center and a savvy protagonist for once. What I'm seeing instead is that this decidedly non-intellectual man has merely been given a magically powerful phone by a corny group of elite hackers straight out of a 90s film. I'm just not at all interested in him or his predictable violence.

Top Bottom