• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Well I'm sold.

maya2o9upv.gif

Alpende

Not a whole lot on my list so far.

- Fargo (finishing up...)
- Orphan Black (same)
- Louie (same)
- Crossbones (pls be good)
- Orange is the new Black
- Suits
- Hemlock Grove
- The Strain
- The Knick

And maybe The Leftovers.

That's it... haven't really explored newly announced shows though.

Vert boil

How was it really? I like Maya Rudolph too but I'm not so sure she could ever carry a show like some other SNL alums.

I thought the pilot itself was terrible. I've no idea how much work beforehand went into it or how long the guests had with skits but it was rougher than an episode of SNL I've watched.
The beginning of the Kristen Bell scene was the only entertaining part but as more people got involved, it turned to poop. The audience and rich people bits were alarmingly bad.

I don't know if they plan on the show being a near-live or live, but if they did, it would be a bad sign for me. Maya was fine singing, dancing and hosting but the first take nature of the pilot highlighted so many flaws.

Given enough time I think they could put on an acceptable show. The pilot is just a really shoddy potential starting point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt The Strain having difficulties finding a network or something? or with filming the pilot...something wasnt right lol.

TheOddOne

I never knew this was a thing. THIS IS A THING?

- FX Sets August Premiere Date for Martin Lawrence, Kelsey Grammer Comedy
FX’s newest 10/90 comedy, “Partners,” starring Martin Lawrence and Kelsey Grammer, has set its series premiere date for Monday, August 4.

The series follows Grammer and Lawrence as two Chicago lawyers from very different backgrounds who unexpectedly meet in court as they each face a personal crisis.

Other series regulars include Telma Hopkins, Rory O’Malley, McKaley Miller, Edi Patterson and Danièle Watts.

Showrunners Bob Boyett and Robert Horn are exec producing along with Lawrence, Grammer, Brian Sher, Stella Bulochnikov, Michael Green and Sam Maydew.

The series is produced by Lionsgate Television in association with Grammnet NH Productions and You Go Boy Productions. It is distributed by Debmar-Mercury.

As part of the 10/90 model FX initially utilized for “Anger Management,” the network has ordered 10 episodes of “Partners” and if the series meets designated ratings thresholds over its opening 10-episode run, the network will order an additional 90 episodes.

FX will air two back-to-back episodes of the show from 9-10 p.m. for five consecutive weeks, preceding new episodes of Charlie Sheen’s “Anger Management.”

Trailers for new USA shows, Rush and Satisfaction.

Rush
Satisfaction

Rush looks good. It's exactly the kind of show you need in the summer. Main character seem cool.
Satisfaction still looks meh, but i might watch it if it's good.

Gonna watch The Strain (if it's any good) and Orange is the New Black.

Also just started Sons of Anarchy on Netflix and that's five or six seasons, so that'll keep me busy for a while.

I'm quite looking forward to The Leftovers. Seems like it could be interesting.

With how much Sky has been advertising it, hopefully we won't be waiting too long before it airs over here.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Nice to see that AMC is sticking with Saturdays. I thought they might try to move it back to Sundays since they won't really have anything to air in their usual slot in between the end of Halt & Catch Fire in August and return of The Walking Dead in October.

The new season of the series will air in two parts

stahp amc

with the first 10 episodes running consecutively through Saturday, October 4, before taking a hiatus during the networks annual FearFest programming, and returning for the final three episodes beginning on Saturday, November 8.

Eh. That's not too bad actually.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought the 'Marriage' teaser was okay. I didn't really get an indication as to what kind of show it's going to be though because the teaser was only 30 seconds long.

Vert boil

Finally watched the Power pilot.

Started out well, very slick but the world felt a little superficial. I wasn't expect the story to be very significant but as it went on it got more and more generic.
I wouldn't be surprised if all of the production people came from making music videos. Quite snazzy in places but it goes a little too far at other points.

Only eight episodes so I'll watch it as long as it doesn't turn to poop.

Sober

I guess when the time comes I will try to put up a season thread for Falling Skies. But I doubt anyone will post in it.

- Via EW: Guest star list for Season 2 of Drunk History

Impressive list of comedians. The show is pretty funny and I'm surprised the last GAF thread we about it is from 2008 (unless I missed one in the search.)

Season 2 starts July 1st.
That's awesome, my wife and I caught drunk history last season and absolutely loved it. Looks like season two has an awesome cast. More people should watch this show. It's hilarious.

Also, the OP has Top Gear as listed on the CW which is not correct, it's on the History channel.

Vert boil

The date has been announced for Garfunkel and Oates, August 7 at 10p on IFC.

http://www.ifc.com/shows/garfunkel-and-oates/blog/2014/06/garfunkel-and-oates-coming-this-summer

Cancel your open mic night, because on Thursday, Aug. 7 at 10p, you’re going to want to be at home to watch the premiere of Garfunkel and Oates. The newest comedy to join IFC stars Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci and follows along as the hard-working comedy underdogs try to make it big in Hollywood.

Awkward, flawed and not above a dirty joke, we get to watch and laugh as the comedy-folk duo navigates love, life and work with one satirical (and sometimes saucy) song after another. Because nothing stops the ukulele and guitar-wielding twosome from singing about the unspoken truths of pregnant women, the boundaries of social media, the difference between being 29 and 31 and the joys of same-sex puppet unions all directed by seasoned television director and actor Fred Savage. Folk yeah!

The eight-episode season premieres Thursday, August 7 at 10:00pm ET/PT on IFC.

garfunkel-blog.jpg

TheOddOne

Woman solves the global fertility crisis, proceeds to get obsessed over making sure the egg donor is able to carry/raise the potential child. *groan*

For some reason I thought this was a series adaptation of the short story The Lottery.
Pretty much my reaction too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom