• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's really for breakfast?

sojour

2 Slices of bacon, 1 fried egg and some steamed rice on the side.

Takes less than 10 minutes and is delicious!

Sometimes eggs, sometimes bread with something on it, sometimes fruit with nuts, sometimes veggies, like today: zucchini with roasted Bell pepper and pesto. Never milk. Very occasionally some yoghurt. And coffee. Every morning.

I don't like cereal or cornflakes shit.

some cheerios and fat free milk this morning. Usually sunday breakfast is the waffle or pancake one but who also has cereal with that.

Ploppee

this seems more like a video of each country's "stereotype" breakfast. UK here and we don't have a fry up every morning. That's normally for special occasions / taking someone out for breakfast.

I have overnight oats of oats / banana / peanut butter with almond milk.

I'm sure most people have something along the lines of either cereal / toast / porridge / fruit but I'm guessing that wouldn't make a very interesting video :/

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Toast with butter and cheese, a banana, some almonds, and green tea is my usually go to breakfast. If it's the weekend very rarely I'll make home fries w/ cheddar cheese, green peppers, onion, diced bacon and sausage, eggs, country gravy and two biscuits. That's like a once or twice a year breakfast tho.

Friggz

eggs, bacon, avocado, sometimes sausage. 16 ounces of whole milk.

every day my wife delivers to my desk at 9:30 like clock work. one of the perks of being full time remote worker.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
US Gaf here. Up until yesterday from Monday through Friday I would have 4-5 boiled eggs, 25 mini pearl/grape tomatoes and a banana. But I've now chosen to do intermittent fasting from 12-8pm - thank you guy who made the thread called "flabs to abs" - and will be having my eggs and tomatoes at 12pm, followed by my lunch at 2pm, and my snack at 4pm.

Australian here, when I do eat breakfast I usually either have toast with jam or Vegemite on it, an egg and bacon roll or a protein bar with banana. I need to stop eating egg and bacon rolls because that shit is unhealthy as fuuuuck.

Surprisingly enough, the UK breakfast is also the ideal treat breakfast for Australians, in my experience. Egg, sausage, baked beans, toast and crumpets are the fucking bomb. Only make up a big breakfast like that once a month or so though, as do most people I know.

RDreamer

I do some Kashi Lean, peanuts, and almond milk. It's about 540 calories or so in total.

Usually have eggs for lunch, but if I'm working away and can't do eggs then I'll switch and have eggs for breakfast usually or alternate.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ethiopian breakfast looks disgusting. :x

And do people drink 16 oz. of OJ for breakfast? Cause a typical 8 oz. glass would be around 100 calories, but the one in the video has it at over 200.

I"m not much on breakfast. This morning, I had 2 biscuits left over from dinner last night. Sometimes I'll have a banana. If I feel like cooking? Bacon and hash browns. Farm eggs if I have some. ( I'm picky with my eggs. Fresh from the farm eggs for eating, store-bought for baking. There's a huge difference.)

If it's the weekend or my kids don't have school, maybe I'll make pancakes or something.

Kayhan

I have very little appetite in the morning.

Except when on holiday or staying at a hotel. Then I stuff myself like a pig.

Rocketz

During the week I have a cup of light and fit greek yogurt, belvita breakfast biscuits, and coffee.

Weekends normally are waffles/pancakes with sugar free syrup or egg skillets. Coffee as well.

Should say US here

Renekton

fmygTKs.jpg

If I work in the morning I'll either have a bowl of cereal or some fruit toast, or both if time permits.

If I don't work early (or at all) I'll usually do poached eggs + smashed avocado on toast with some tomato and mushrooms.

Australian here.

Redd

Mostly overnight rolled Oats mixed with sliced bananas because it's easy and filling. On occasion 4 slices thick of cut bacon and 4 eggs over medium and some grits or toasted potato bread.

Rarely eat lunch because I'm usually not hungry after 5 hours.

hoserx

American here,

I usually eat blue or blackberries stirred into some greek yogurt every morning at work. If i'm at home, on a weekend, it's three strips of bacon and two over easy eggs.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
How do you get time to cook the eggs and bacon, then clean up afterwards? o_o

Cooking doesn't take that long. Usually about ten minutes tops. Can be done with setting up the coffee and doing some dishes from the night before.

I usually leave the dirty pans for when I get home from work.

jelly

Oats with some fruit and honey or just honey and just standard cereal instead sometimes. Bacon and eggs on holiday or special occasions.

Usually if I eat breakfast it's either a bowl of cereal or a two-pack of Pop Tarts. Sometimes on the weekends when I have more time I'll make two fried eggs on toast. Honestly can't imagine eating both cereal and waffles in the same breakfast.

Sulik2

Oatmeal raisins and cashews with black coffee five days a week. The other two is pretty random depending on what time I am up. Leftovers a lot of the time.

hoserx

no no no no no oh no no oh god no no no.

The last thing I want to do when getting home from work is a god damn dirty pan. I would scream.

I use a cast iron pan when cooking breakfast. I can clean it in about 30 seconds with hot water. No soap necessary (soap will destroy it). A brush and some hot water.........dry it off and I am done.

Bakercat

A breakfast bowl that has egg, cheese, potato, bacon, and sausage bits in it, a small bowl of honey oats cereal with milk, two of those small sausage & biscuits that you can microwave, and orange juice. I know it's a lot, but I eat a big breakfast because it helps curve my appetite for the rest of the day and I get very hungry in the morning and if I don't eat enough I'm physically sick the rest of the day.

appaws

Banned
I might have something like the OP at a weekend brunch...but not on a normal work day. I only leave myself 7-10 minutes to eat something before getting out the door.

A couple of Diet Mtn. Dews and whatever was left over from the night before. Cold chicken, pizza. Onion bagel with cream cheese is always good.

Once in a while I stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and a couple of Bavarian creams.

Kayhan

A breakfast bowl that has egg, cheese, potato, bacon, and sausage bits in it, a small bowl of honey oats cereal with milk, two of those small sausage & biscuits that you can microwave, and orange juice. I know it's a lot, but I eat a big breakfast because it helps curve my appetite for the rest of the day and I get very hungry in the morning and if I don't eat enough I'm physically sick the rest of the day.
Damn. I might as well have rolled right back into bed after that. I would be done for the day.

Oni Jazar

I would say the best breakfast that represents the US is the grand slam: eggs, pancakes hashbrowns, & bacon and/or sausage. Not something you eat everyday of course but that's the go to (IMO).

Oh and cafe con leche should include a lot of sugar :)

I usually don't have time for breakfast during the week. On the weekends, I might make 3-4 soft boiled eggs with a bunch of toast, or maybe do waffles & bacon/compote if my fiancé is off that weekend. Alternatively, if breakfast is the first meal of the day, then sometimes I go with burgers or pizza or tacos for breakfast on those weekends where I'm solo. Maybe I'll throw a soft boiled egg on whatever, too, cause yknow, breakfast!

Fiber One 90 calorie coffee cake bar, and a class of water is usually my go to. I tend to only eat a real sizable breakfast on the weekends, maybe only saturday. I will on those cases, eat 2 eggs, 2-3 strips of bacon, cottage cheese and some sour dough toast. Thats a big ass breakfast.

Top Bottom