• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's really for breakfast?

ollin

What I have every morning
2 bananas
2 oranges
apple
greek yogurt
oatmeal

Weekends I some times eat grapes and strawberry as well.

vikki

Two eggs and coffee for me. My kids will eat toast or a bowl of cereal, which they don't ever finish. And the cereal is cheerios. We'll eat doubles on the weekend, but they don't ever finish 1. Sometimes the kids will eat oatmeal instead of cereal or my son will eat eggs too.

My kids hardly have a healthy diet, but breakfast isn't so hard or bad.

Spanglo

Neo Member
Usually a breakfast burrito... potato, chorizo, egg, peppers, onion, avocado, dusted w/ cojita cheese.

_M33RJx83_E3zPtw1yiaVj6peuBeGs77K0R8qb5XmXFIuZZb_KLGVDQHqY42YpKM8GXO7zvvy6CcpMJIjIJurTmfAfzxzXblsz7S59JBggk44RGKgMsKPqjka90gHiBWQuxa_Ux8c2I0jSTjjnb-C8zjfBZatHa3nO7MkD06mdGipZh2iFHvLSRbEPlnSVlvlPn2wOGzAhisaY2amuHJgxV3ryhEsctDRW82VpFSsoMsypaCVikxNYJjtZVyIgTnj5Td8ByI2CrjsudT1hUaJSJEudJB7mxc8m1eUhl6fzfqqAurlkXO2K0q4T11PJ9CfLJ5C6JmbPSVfBCtm4K9e0dyaMvpxcDlqxMvBjqDdgadf8VdsnoiG4r2PrsEhqZAjc0Zua0eXxLrIDVwfXdhh-NS6W-2CVm-kvZIJ8jMRNMoiU9sfKbz1iQgS-Q8Qa5fQzTm0SSQ4kKnN9ljSzL7pq0JvCLmycaAbPdaUOby6Y5KL_EqFRw8tILDWte4MyuNOZKsz2YFE2p3qYafMw5tI3tXEZPskvy6JpR4OSKuD043mGUq_eSbZ1SgQ6MA1Xb9-tluylIIwRytBykBLP2vp7JYL6sBriN2PEIqMRPliC76IJdplqbE0m7M4XkmfRIHrz4gkSnsX_iC4jf7Lvse_ZBOJGazyG4JGlbnJrOBDsHndw=w631-h843-no

Today it was chilaquiles:
vBLXFcecP1PLbVm1WGUMweX0bJeFMx-sinoetxjU40sn3Bt2jm76LZt8SzmLUGqxt2ZU_eUXcTomJ-NwlMER4acz95hMBuWFFY1un20SvQFF_fOKlnRJVfLSCe-RNtkSXZeyn0W4A9TwTglkxn6g4F8E6eZ3Bo7BKNlaHhZ0uYGmOc8FyxNSpK2NBrRUE5PQ4IVYXZM8dMKtYBx2JnLMSu_GlSinDhk_tSJOr7G-ZgrTtU7aAA7N3MOOyrgb87hjNOXGBikaJd9n3uWmo0VCO_O1As0zPPM8ZFHNhkhdyx15NKfZb8tmV1Zid6phLt9DXqndL_YK5Wn5Z760esBYaZd2VcYh25B2ZlkVqFrdIM9fH1DOkIpecxRcoIyML5mT2LD_4me5xIdU8k1wmeUiKsorca5NSy8-6A2s3A8AtVR0Wg4m_1pRb1pHZG02wrIFKn9qxlcrm9fpsxdNi-vs_6-p9nA64pkZDQbeLam185X7EhVnJt40esKvRnZ04H-X7OmczvQddtVOvahMn8uXBZ5Tm_SX41WuD-OhwH8amx6lLugDBflIXRjU_EctSFjTrOWXWvHbVxrRm05tXr1R7yww3nr3Rhio5GCRWDKr14sP8YUFV_0nKsr-8hTD2xZxEAbbzBK9v931N0PeVADP9_Prqc04J5EBEH17Tx8c5RsAIA=w633-h843-no

Weilthain

Banned
It depends I believe whatever bullshit marketing or cultural influence you are subjected to.

Edinburgh Scotland , most regular people i assume will eat what ever they want,a nd are generally clever in what they eat.

However a general breakfast menu in the majority of cafes will be ( not obviously limited to) bacon, sausage , fried egg, haggis , black pudding , fried mushrooms, toast and much more depending where you are.

I love it

also very unhealthy

Point being in Scotland a "traditional breakfast" is literally as above plus or minus a couple of items.

Izayoi

Banned
God damn, this thread makes me feel way better about my daily breakfast.

Cup of coffee, bacon, fried eggs. Easy, fast, keto.

Right now, my typical breakfast is is two medium sized eggs with two pieces of whole wheat multi grain toast. Lately I've been having a bowl of Oreo-O's with them as well since they are back for a limited time.

1. French toast with bacon
2. Roll and bacon
3. Roll and square
4. Toast and beans
5. Toast and jam (as in British jam, not whatever the hell Americans think it is)
6. Roll and tattie scone
7. Fry up (2 bacon, square, one link, beans, one fried egg, two toast)
8. Cereal (Frosted or Chocolate shreddies almost exclusively)

Figgles

Coffee w/ half and half or black every morning

1. Toast with scrambled eggs ans smoked salmon
2. Oatmeal w/ maple syrup, blueberries, and pecans
3. 3 fried eggs w/ sausage or bacon

On rainy Sundays or snow days it's blueberry pancakes w/ sausage or bacon

oneils

Surprised how little protein some of you guys eat in the morning. I try for 30-40 grams.

Lately breakfast is:
Black coffee;
50grams of oats (before cooking);
4 turkey sausage, or 2 slices of bacon, or 4 slices of back bacon;
2-3 eggs;
1/2 cup baked beans; and sometimes
1 cup steamed vegetables.

I find a big breakfast, whether I'm hungry or not, really helps me start the day right.

appaws

Banned
1. French toast with bacon
2. Roll and bacon
3. Roll and square
4. Toast and beans
5. Toast and jam (as in British jam, not whatever the hell Americans think it is)
6. Roll and tattie scone
7. Fry up (2 bacon, square, one link, beans, one fried egg, two toast)
8. Cereal (Frosted or Chocolate shreddies almost exclusively)

Is Brit jam different from US jam?

Juice

I'm in the US and haven't eaten a breakfast in five or six years. And haven't eaten lunch in 3 or more.

I used to be really obese, and 1000+ calorie breakfasts when I wasn't really hungry (merely appetized) didn't help

I don't eat breakfast nowadays. I've been on intermittent fasting since June this year, have lost about 8 pounds without doing any exercise( though I'm joining the gym next month). Typically I eat between 12 and 8pm, any calories consumed outside of those hours may be coffee or 100% fruit juice mixed with water to stretch it out, or if I cheat it may be a protein bar or a few crackers with cheese, something like that. Occasionally I have my early morning cravings but coffee compensates for that feeling until I eat at noon.

Aces&Eights

Mon-Fri I have a yogurt, granola bar and an apple for breakfast. Sat we go to local diner and I have steak and eggs, biscuit and gravy, hash browns and steal some bacon from my gf. It's the one day I go nuts on breakfast but after a long week at work, I feel I deserve it.

I usually have different things as the same thing every day can get boring, a list of what I usually cycle between is as follows:

2 scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, 2 slices microwave bacon and a cup of coffee.

Peanut butter on whole wheat toast or toasted whole wheat English muffin and some green tea.

Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg, Cheese English Muffin Sandwich, 1 oven baked hash brown and a cup of coffee.

Bowl of plain Rice Krispies and an Apple

Or more rarely I'll cut up a few low cal turkey hot dogs and mix them in a bowl with a small can of baked beans or decide to have "lunch foods" for breakfast instead of "breakfast foods".

TyrantII

2 eggs in a wheat wrap douced in hot sauce. Every few days I'll do 1 & 1/2 cups of overnight oats with chopped fruit.

Big breakfast on Sunday sometimes.

All I know is that in a couple days when I go down to Disney for a week, my breakfasts will be immense.

29574248026_e2dc302525_b.jpg

29185823363_cf87dc1cb4_b.jpg

Then again eating that much food early in the morning isn't always a good idea when you're walking around in 90 degree heat 70% humidity for 10-12 hours

pswii60

I enjoyed a full English this morning. Two poached eggs, two sausages, bacon, two hash browns, fried mushrooms, grilled tomato and beans. With some toast on the side. Of course if I was visiting my local establishments back up north then I'd also be having black pudding, potato cake and fried bread. So maybe an almost full English breakfast is what I had.

Croissants for me tomorrow though.

Faiz

All I know is that in a couple days when I go down to Disney for a week, my breakfasts will be immense.

29574248026_e2dc302525_b.jpg

29185823363_cf87dc1cb4_b.jpg

Then again eating that much food early in the morning isn't always a good idea when you're walking around in 90 degree heat 70% humidity for 10-12 hours

Hah, yeah same. Headed down October 1. Calories don't exist in Disney. Boma breakfast every day if I had the time 😎

Unit 33

Bugger anything with exorbitant amounts of sugar... cookies-like breakfast cereal is an abhorrent concept to me.

Musli / Porridge / Wheetabix

Top Bottom