• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's really for breakfast?

John Blade

vCeCcv7.jpg

Morning breakfast

Nobody eats a full English breakfast everyday either. That's an occasional treat

Yeah, English living in Australia. Full English is for occasional weekends and when people stay over, and they missed off the Black Pudding and Fried Bread!

Most days I don't bother, will have a Croissant with jam maybe once a week and Bacon and eggs maybe once a week. Still miss the English Greasy Spoons that did full English with Chips, none of this Hash Brown nonsense.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Canadian here. I'm usually not very hungry right after getting up. But if I don't eat before lunch time I'll be starving within an hour or two.

So at work I usually have coffee + either toasts, or a muffin, or a bagel, or cereals/oatmeal, something like that. Nothing heavier.

On the week-end or when I travel I might take heavier breakfasts if hotel buffets offer eggs etc. But it's usually a later breakfast that I combine with lunch. Like eggs (2, 3 at the most), bacon, toasts, fruit, and coffee.

Asian American here.

Big bowl of white Jasmine rice with about 8 eggs scrambled.

Every morning.
8??? WTF? Are you Michael Phelps
's secret Asian half-brother
?

I have the same breakfast and lunch almost every day.

Breakfast:
1 Banana

Some berries (strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, or whatever we have on-hand)

Mozzarella string cheese

Cereal (dry)

Yogurt

Small glass of soy milk

Lunch
A few raw carrots, a handful of raw unsalted nuts, a handful of salt-free pretzels.
Gahh..... How do people live like this?

I would rather be overweight than suffer like this. I thought you'd have this meagre breakfast because you'd have a proper lunch but... ugh.

People eating eggs for breakfast. Disgusting.
lol?

Actually that's a perfect breakfast (though I prefer toasted/broiled ^^)!

I eat 450 calories of soybeans every morning, which provides:

36g carbs
16g fat
45g protein
27g dietary fiber
1500mg potassium
18% of DRV for Vitamin A
45% of DRV for Vitamin C
27% of DRV for Calcium
45% of DRV for Iron

I'm kinda curious about their methodology. Were they basing the US breakfast off gradeschool kids? I really don't know adult that still eats cereal or Eggos for breakfast anymore.

Aside from coffee, I usually skip mine. Maybe I'll pick up a banana bread if I'm hungry, but that's pretty much it. Unless it's weekend and I'm brunching it up. Then it's a fucking feast.

Congee.

Surprised it isn't in the video.

They skipped China.

BigDes

Either overnight oats made with a bit of nutella and milk

or if I forgot/couldn't be arsed the night before I get some breakfast noodles or some dumplings from the noodle stand across from work.

Skim milk is the work of Satan. It's water with chalk added to it for colouration. Skim milk can fuck off.

Isn't it worse for you too? There's no fat to slow the absorption of the sugars so it ends up just making you fatter despite the calorie savings?

Or is that just broscience I believed for so long?

Spam for breakfast? Well, I'll be.

Honey Nut Cheerios w/ almond milk and sprinkled cinnamon
Whole Wheat Waffles w/ sprinkled cinnamon and sugar free syrup
Egg
Apple
Nutri-Gran bar (strawberry)

Riptwo

I was going the Coffiest route for awhile, and that was pretty decent. Most days I just end up drinking coffee for breakfast and waiting until lunch to actually eat anything due to time constraints :/

MogCakes

Coffee and a breakfast burrito. Sometimes a donut. Recently the shop owner has been making me toasted egg/bacon croissant sandwiches. They are hella good but I end up skipping lunch because they're so filling.

A couple of granola bars and a glass of milk are my go-to, but since my classes are in the evening now, I try to eat as much as I can before going out in order to meet my protein goals. I generally have 3 eggs, 2 sausage patties, and a glass of milk—600 calories and 40 grams of protein.

BTA

Been trying to do toast with jam more (since I've been buying jam from the farmers market near my work), but the past week or so I've had yogurt and/or a protein bar.

And coffee if I remembered to coldbrew some concentrate in the past few days. But I keep forgetting to do that.

This morning I'm debating if I want to cook or just eat cereal. We don't really have any sausages left so I only have eggs and a hashbrown for choices to cook unless I open this sausage that's meant for dinner.

I use a cast iron pan when cooking breakfast. I can clean it in about 30 seconds with hot water. No soap necessary (soap will destroy it). A brush and some hot water.........dry it off and I am done.
Get yourself a chainmail rag for your cast iron. They're pretty cheap, and won't be turned to bristles after 45 seconds like brushes. My wife swears by them and it makes you feel pretty bad-ass cleaning metal with more metal.

hoserx

Get yourself a chainmail rag for your cast iron. They're pretty cheap, and won't be turned to bristles after 45 seconds like brushes. My wife swears by them and it makes you feel pretty bad-ass cleaning metal with more metal.

Using a chainmail rag will cause you to have to re-season the pan more often. I use a soft bristled brush. If your pan is seasoned correctly, and you dont put anything onto the pan until it's heated properly, it will clean it with ease. Cast iron is the best though!

using that metal rag would be a good idea before a re-season, though. I will get one.

Camwi

Greek yogurt throughout the week, since it's easy to bring to and eat at work.

Eggs on a slice of plain toast over the weekend.

Torta de tamal:

TAMAL-3.jpg

What I'd do to eat this right now ;(((((

Umm, what's on the inside of those bread footballs?

gngf123

Wait, is this meant to be a standard breakfast? People definitely don't have a full English very often here, on average maybe once or twice a month. Standard breakfast would be more like a couple of slices of toast or a bowl of cereal with a cup of tea/coffee.

For me it's usually more like eggs or beans on a muffin, with fresh Coffee made from my Moka pot.

Breakage

Porridge (w/ milk): 3 mins in the microwave, topped with a sprinkle of granola and nuts or seeds.

I've had that every morning for the past several years.

Australian here.

An everyday breakfast for me is toast with butter or vegemite, a piece of fruit and some coffee. If I'm feeling very hungry I'll spice it up and make eggs or an omelette to go alongside the usual stuff.

Hyoukokun

For me, breakfast virtually always consists of black tea (Mighty Leaf's organic breakfast tea, usually) with 1% milk and some sort of no-cal sweetener, plus oatmeal. For the oatmeal, I use whole oats, more of the 1% milk, nuts (usually pecans), more of the same sweetener, and some kind of fruit (raspberries, cherries, peaches, and blueberries most commonly). I nuke it in the microwave for ~2.5min. The tea and the oatmeal start too hot to eat, so I use that time to throw together my lunchbox.

When I want to indulge on carbs over the weekend I'll do crepes or pancakes. When I want protein, I'll make a 3-egg omelette with some sort of cheese and possibly meat or veggies depending on what's in the fridge.

rpmurphy

Mine is some kind of egg soup and a slice of bread with cheese or cream cheese.

My relatives, before they became lactose itolerant, would have a bowl of hot milk (they boiled it) with honey and a slice of toast. I had this sometimes when my family lived under their roof, and I found that to be rather disgusting that it put me off of drinking milk for pretty much the rest of my life.

rpmurphy

Also I kind of have to laugh at the Japan one, unless it's a regional thing because it's a tad bit absurd. Who has that kind of tamagoyaki for breakfast? Also putting out a whole freaking BOWL of umeboshi? Are you kidding me?

FairyD

Usually I would have oatmeal for breakfast during the weekdays.

During the weekends I have eggs, hash browns, and sausage/bacon. Sometimes I'll have a shot or so of whiskey.

Top Bottom