• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's really for breakfast?

sam12

ALvKMsM.jpg

Busty

Banned
Wait... Do you have it in the microwave for 10 minutes???

Get a high sided mircowave bowl.

A cup of porridge oats.

Two cups of milk.

One cup of water.

I add sultanas but really you could add anything.

Stick the bowl in the microwave for ten minutes on high to cook.

I usually get changed at this point.

Add more milk to get desired consistency and a spoonful of honey.

Serve.

Consume.

Feel smug the rest of the day.

Dervius

I firmly believe eggs are to only be used in special fried rice and desserts.

But... why?

To all those people who are saying they don't eat breakfast, is the first thing you eat in a day technically breakfast because that's when you're breaking your... fast?

Food for thought.

I'm in the UK and generally have either a bowl of cereal or a ham toastie for breakfast. When I was a student it was more generally left over pizza / indian / chinese. Good times.

Also in a habit of going out for breakfast on Sunday mornings with my other half, very enjoyable.

AppleBlade

I typically eat a protein bar or one of those little snack kits (Kraft Snack Trio or Sargento Breaks). I eat this with a coffee (with fat-free creamer and splenda) and a water during my commute in the morning. The food is usually around 180 in calories and the coffee is around 30 calories. (I'm trying to lose weight).

ucm499755.jpg

33.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-12-01-at-8.06.15-AM-300x300.png

LakeEarth

On a work day, just a bowl of cereal with milk (skim or 1%, depending on which had a better expiration date at the store), and coffee with milk and no sugar.

On weekends, I make a Spanish omelette, a small onion, half a green pepper, some minced garlic, and 4-5 eggs, for both my wife an I. With some salsa.

Voidwolf

I just have coffee. I love having breakfast but I'm too lazy to wake up earlier than I need to so I can make something for myself.

Here in the UK I promise you we're not eating a massive fry up every bloody morning.

Too true. My preferred breakfast is a half litre of really good coffee, black and sugarless, with a bowl of shredded wheat, a few grapes or whatever fruit is available, and a toasted (English) muffin or teacake with marmalade. Rising early in winter I've been known to eat a porridge of oatmeal cooked in water with a smidge of salt, but that's as far as I ever go towards a cooked breakfast.

BumRush

I either have overnight oats with fruit and nuts, a veggie/ fruit smoothie or scrambled eggs with berries. Started focusing on high fiber breakfast and it's amazing in so many ways.

Beartruck

Asian American here.

Big bowl of white Jasmine rice with about 8 eggs scrambled.

Every morning.
Are you Gaston from Beauty and the Beast?

As for me, its a gradient:

-No time: Poptarts and milk.
-A little time: honey bunches of oats(with almonds) cereal with buttered toast.
-Sunday morning: Either a big omelet, pancakes, or my cinnamon french toast that has a crushed frosted flake coating.

mike6467

Oatmeal on weekdays. Add some milk and some protein powder. Quick and delicious. On the weekends I'll make eggs/toast/maybe bacon, but that's about as elaborate as I get.

Hrothgar

I've kinda stopped having breakfast on weekdays, and on the weekend it's usually more of a small brunch.

Lmao at the Netherlands.
x2

Only one that made me go wtf.

Yet, it's probably one of the few that is actually accurate from that video for a standard weekday breakfast, although personally too much chocolate sprinkles were used, and missing a glass of milk!

u34pCbI.jpg

Or something similar.

High-five! Used to have that a lot.

Giggzy

Two slices of sourdough bread toasted with vegan butter and then either avocado spread on top with a light dash of sea salt, or homemade hummus with no sea salt.

On the weekends it's soyrizo, potatoes, onions, bellpepers, corn, and black beans.

large_dc493724-96fd-4ad4-b757-7e63b458d7dc.jpg

Usually this. It's so much easier than you think. I put a very small pot on the stove, 3/4 cup water on high and then put on my shoes and stuff. When it boils, drop in 1/4 oatmeal, and keep getting ready. Five minutes later, I eat it and head out the door.

Sometimes I stir in fruit (blueberries, strawberries or banana, etc). Sometimes an egg. Usually a bit of honey. Almost always a pat of butter and a splash of milk. It's seriously like, less than 10 minutes (and you barely have to do anything) and it's super energizing. AND you can easy clean the pot if you just rinse it right when you pour it into your bowl... hand full of soap, swish it around and rinse, let it dry back on the stove. 30 second cleanup. (I usually wait on the coffee until I get to work.

Usually my kids just want cereal and pop tarts and stuff, but sometimes they want the same oatmeal I'm having, in which case I'll just make a double portion.

NOTE: If it's not a weekday, I'll make eggs and waffles and stuff too. Maybe even bacon.

Omelette with onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and sausage most days. Cover with plain cinnamon (not cinnamon-sugar). Delicious and filling. Would be more healthy without the sausage, but I'm still getting a decent dose of vegetables in the morning.

If I'm home and cooking, it's almost always some sort of eggs. Eggs practically are breakfast. Sometimes even lunch.

pouring-coffiest.jpg

Of course, I'll cook up a good breakfast if I have time, but I find coffiest is a great way to get a good cross section of vitamins and that much needed boost of coffee first thing in the morning.

RedZaraki

Banned
In truth, I typically skip breakfast entirely.

I'm bad.

BUT!

I LOVE BREAKFAST FOOD.

If I had a super power to consume without growing fat, I would consume a massive amount of sausage and biscuits, biscuits and gravey, and sausage egg and cheese, with bacon.

933_sausage_gravy.jpg

Soroc

Oatmeal with some blueberries and cranberries and a cup of green tea. Guess I'm not "Murican" enough for this article lol

My morning protein shake has milk and/or water, oats, peanut butter, vanilla whey, blueberries/strawberries/banana.

I'm rarely in the mood to eat for hours after I wake up but I can handle this because it's quick. Tastes really good too.

Azzurri

Not a breakfast person, so usually a Iced Coffee black with some splenda and like a Protein bar if that.

That and I'm way too lazy to cook when I gt up and I get up around 530-6am.

Faiz

Workout day: protein shake, bowl of oatmeal (plain), 1cup plain Greek yoghurt with berries.

Rest day: 4 eggs, protein shake.

Cheat day: donuts. Or a very large bowl of cereal.

I usually have cereal, and then either waffles, buttered toast, or french toast, along with a glass of milk or water.

I guess I'm part of "that problem"?

Nicolada

If I'm actually cooking a breakfast, I'll go with scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage. Sometimes with toast or hash browns. I don't usually have time in the morning though since I'm up for work super early, so I'll just grab a banana and croissant or something.

UK GAF here

I like to switch it up but lately I've been having Weetabix (with milk of course). Sometimes I have Greek yogurt with berries. Sometimes muesli or some generic fruity cereal.

I could never eat an English breakfast in the morning. Hell, I can't eat one any time of the day. It's just too much.

Oats with 80-100g of bananas and with 1% milk. Almost every morning. Great carbs to give me energy for quite a while and a good preworkout meal.

A bowl of cereal and coffee most mornings. Weekends I go HAM and generally have a two/three egg breakfast with potatoes and bacon or sausage.

Electret

I alternate between:

(1) fried egg + breakfast sausage/bacon, and

(2) blueberries + kale + hemp protein powder + rice milk (+ goat yogurt, sometimes)

I don't like the idea of eating eggs seven days a week. Switch it up, people.

Wisker

Neo Member
Almost always have scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast. Then either toast or pancakes/waffles to go with them.

Mossybrew

I like to mix it up, but it's usually one of the following:

- Bagel w/cream cheese
- Eggs (fried or scrambled) with sausage links, sometimes bacon
- Cold cereal w/blueberries & banana
- Sausage&egg breakfast sandwich
- Waffle topped w/yogurt & blueberries
- Just yogurt and blueberries for a light breakfast
- Breakfast burrito once in a while

AColdDay

90% of the time it is a banana, berry, almond milk and yogurt smootie.

On the weekends we go buckwild and have eggs/bacon/pancakes or breakfast burritos. Every great once and a while we will grab donuts on the weekends, but its getting to be pretty rare because they don't stick with you throughout the day.

gagecube

Banned
Typically lots of coffee until Lunch. Sometimes even dinner. Occasionally my body wont tell me im hungry until late afternoon

oatmeal, oatmeal, oatmeal.

pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, coconut cream and almond milk.

very very tiny serving [1/4 cup dry quick oats], day doesn't feel the same without it.

(apparently this is like the best possible breakfast for your heart and metabolism)

In truth, I typically skip breakfast entirely.

I'm bad.

dude, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with skipping breakfast.

unless you workout regularly, you typically won't need breakfast.

there was a study done recently proving this, meant to question whether breakfast is really the most important meal of the day.

the conclusion was, if you're not hungry in the morning, don't eat.

Top Bottom