• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Menu Music

Sounds like I'll be turning off the music every time I'm near a Wii U.

I'd turn down my MP3 player too, it's good stuff.

Yep, that's quality music. I've always loved Nintendo system music / Totaka's work. The music is incredibly ambient and soothing...never overbearing but infused with a touch of melody to keep you interested.

What gets me excited is the return to the "spacey" mood like with the GameCube. It harkens a return of the Nintendo from the early 2000s.

Medalion

Banned
Did I miss something?

wiimotelick.jpg

NFreak

I'm just glad there IS a boot up sequence for the Wii U. Get rid of that god damn health and safety warning. I quite enjoy the music for the boot up as well but man, all this music is great.

I'm just glad there IS a boot up sequence for the Wii U. Get rid of that god damn health and safety warning. I quite enjoy the music for the boot up as well but man, all this music is great.

Why does a boot up sequence imply lack of a health and safety warning?

JimboJones

There might not be a boot sequence still, could be like 3DS where it just goes straight to the menu when you turn it on but it plays the short boot up sound before the home music take over.

The health and safety message is confined to its own app on the dashboard now so I doubt we will see that on start up either.

NFreak

Why does a boot up sequence imply lack of a health and safety warning?

I guess it doesn't necessarily, but the Wii had no initial music when the Health and Safety screen came up and the Wii U has it's own dedicated health and safety application on the menu like the 3DS so I would assume it's a normal boot screen.

Reynx

Wii shop music doesn't sound right without the sound of Jeff Gerstmann's voice reading out the newest releases.

MYE

This is pretty damn good

Oh god, this is getting me excited lol

edit: The Mii Maker music!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I know this has been said already in this thread but I just have to say how much I love some of this music, especially that Mii Maker music. That music sounds like it belongs in a full Zelda/Mario game rather than just in a random mii designing app that isn't used too frequently.

Edit: Wow, speaking of themes that won't be listened to at all, the parent notifications music isn't too bad either and that's one tune that I'm sure most people will never hear.

Josh7289

Yeah, all of this music is beautiful. A lot of it reminds me of the 1990s, such as the Home music; it sounds futuristic, but a future as it would have been envisioned in the past, if that makes sense.

[...]

I really love that Nintendo took the time to compose music for the different menus. What a nice touch.

Getting huge Dreamcast vibes from some of them and we all know what happened there :p

Just kidding, I hope not...

Also some give me SMG vibes which is a massive plus. All sounds good in my opinion.
Same thoughts, especially on the Dreamcast part.

kevinski

Banned
I hope the music in any given area of the UI can be disabled. Actually, I'm generally just hoping that the UI can be themed to any extent, even if it's just to add some color to it.

Top Bottom