• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Menu Music

Yeah, all of this music is beautiful. A lot of it reminds me of the 1990s, such as the Home music; it sounds futuristic, but a future as it would have been envisioned in the past, if that makes sense.

Also, the Mii Maker pt. 1 music reminds me of Angelo Badalamenti's score for The Beach:

Mii Maker @ 0:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lyRd-NRqjjw#t=31s

"Starnight" from The Beach @ 0:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=glR2OYYujmE#t=12s

[edit] I seem to recall there's an even closer example, but I have to search through the score to find it.

I really love that Nintendo took the time to compose music for the different menus. What a nice touch.

Lijik

Digging the ambient style Nintendo has been taking lately with this and the 3DS, but they better not mess up the shop theme again - thats the one thing that needs that Wii "elevator music" esque sound!
Wii and DSi shop themes are hot fire, 3DS shop is bunk as hell

Getting huge Dreamcast vibes from some of them and we all know what happened there :p

Just kidding, I hope not...

Also some give me SMG vibes which is a massive plus. All sounds good in my opinion.

Lunar15

I was just going to listen for shits and giggles, but when the violin hit in the Mii Maker menu theme, I was pretty freaking impressed.

EDIT: I love how these are completely original compositions, but somehow they sound extremely nostalgic.

Do we know if Kazumi Totaka composed these tunes?
I want to know this as well. He normally does the music for Nintendo's home menus, and I trust him more than anyone else in that department.

All of this is excellent and rather inventive. Hearing the home theme and its immaculate sound design engenders an odd sigh of relief this time around. The Mii Maker music is gorgeous and provides a luxurious detour from past canon-like tracks. Even the Parental Controls menu gets interesting material—how odd!

Now I just want to hear the (hopefully) new eShop music.

Medalion

Banned
All of a sudden people will be spending lots of time in the Wii-U Mii Maker app just so they can loop the music over and over

Terrell

Gurantee whatever the Wii U store music is, we will hate it in comparison to the untouchable Wii Shop music

When you say "untouchable", you mean it the same way as highly radioactive plutonium, right? Cuz I know that when I hear the Wii Shop Channel music, I can feel my sperm count decrease.

Mii Maker is good, but I actually like Parental Controls better.

I can see myself laying on my bed bored one day, poking through the Wii U settings on the GamePad, then falling asleep to the parental controls music.

Rootbeer

Banned
I love each track.

Can't wait to get my Wii U :) I have that Sunday, Mon & Tues off work to play with it :eek: Who needs a dick when you have a Wii U.

Love this atmospheric-chimes-stuff, reminds me of Aquatic Ambience.

Anyone know who composes this stuff?

Kazumi Totaka did the music for the Wii and the 3DS. He probably did this as well.

Agreed. It's sort of like Animal Crossing GCN music but more electronic.

He also did the score to Animal Crossing...among lots of other Nintendo games. He's also the voice of Yoshi, surprisingly enough.

Nintendo can produce such great music and yet it insists on shoehorning that awful "BAH BAH" music into the NSMB series.

It's all about brand identity. Nintendo is petrified about changing the dynamics of the NSMB series in fear that it will drive away customers.

KNT-Zero

I for one LOVE the Mii Maker theme. So calm, is like a direct opposite of the Wii version. It's perfect to listen to while customizing lots and lots of Miis...maybe for contests like Check Mii Out? :/

Top Bottom