• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 24

It is going to feel weird without Sakurasou on Monday.
Probably needs another 12-13 episodes to finish, but its disappointing BD/DVD sales may prevent that from happening, sigh...

Are there actually more books?

Because if that's the case, then I guess I can blame the anime writer for it being shit and not the author.

Nafe

I think that's actually kind of neat.

Love Live - 10

Pretty entertaining beach episode, especially the
pillow fight that awoke "Dark" Umi.
Seems like these last few eps have been designed to focus on characters that were introduced earlier on but were slightly forgotten as more girls joined the group. I don't mind as Maki is one of my favorites from the group, tsun and all.

The spoilered was pretty awesome and I also wound up getting quite the chuckle out of the part where Kotori dodges a pillow in slow motion only to say "Pass!" as things speed back up to real time and she ricochets the pillow off of hers and hits someone else, haha.

If these were posted in this thread earlier, I didn't notice.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG4pys2VIaw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0SesQ4ynFc

Articalys posted the first one here but the second one is new I think.

It's kind of weird hearing Suzuko Mimori as the voice of Pinky Pie as she's doing the voice of Umi in Love Live! right now and she's one of the more level headed and serious persons of the group. She's also in Senran Kagura as Rin, who is the former student at the academy and who is also a bit more serious.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
There's also the super possessive lesbian griffon that refuses to share Rainbow Dash with the other girls. Don't even need goggles for this shit.

Yuri goggles shouldn't be anywhere near that show in the first place! They are used for the pure only!

Kaitou Reinya 05

TjG7GGg.jpg

At least there was some theiving going on.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Pffft, everyone knows it's Nao X Reika. True facts. Totally canon. Officially official.

http://images.wikia.com/prettycure/images/9/9e/March_beauty_smile_movie.jpg

I still haven't watched the movie yet...

There were more Akane x Nao moments in the film than Reika x Nao. This is a fact.

How can anyone continue supporting Nissan after Toei spent two episodes hammering the fact that Akane wants teh British dong?

As much as you hate Reika, I'd think you'd be the first to say that non-characters make for bad ships. The only romantic pairing she's good for is getting mind-broken by Joker.

He used Diebuster as an example of old Gainax....

I meant Gunbuster was old Gainax...I just watched Diebuster because of Gunbuster...
I mean Gunbuster has the better Onee-sama, Inazuma kick, Coach, etc, etc...
But I liked Diebuster more, I don't know why...maybe because it looks like FLCL?

I think I'm gonna watch Dennou Coil now.

Syrinx

Spice and Wolf 10

So the armor market totally crashed while Lawrence and Holo were traveling with the shepherd. And now Lawrence is in massive debt, and needs to repay it within two days, He goes around asking for loans, but nobody will give him one. Then the last guy he goes to refuses to give him a loan because apparently it's bad form to walk around with a woman while you're begging for money. Lawrence later shoves Holo out of frustration.

Basically, it seems that Lawrence is totally screwed.

7Th

I meant Gunbuster was old Gainax...I just watched Diebuster because of Gunbuster...
I mean Gunbuster has the better Onee-sama, Inazuma kick, Coach, etc, etc...
But I liked Diebuster more, I don't know why...maybe because it looks like FLCL?

I think I'm gonna watch Dennou Coil now.

No way! The one thing Diebuster definitely has over Gunbuster is that Lal'c is a much better character than Kazumi.

Nafe

There were more Akane x Nao moments in the film than Reika x Nao. This is a fact.

I might watch it with some free time coming up inbetween seasons. I kind of don't want the show to be over though...

As much as you hate Reika, I'd think you'd be the first to realize what a total coldfish she is. The only romantic pairing she's good for is getting mind-broken by Joker.

tumblr_m9pb0cls1Y1r66dt9.gif

Hey, don't be mean to Reika. :(

She'd totally mind break Joker. She already solo'd him twice!

Wow. I almost want to know what happens in them since, yeah, they'll never get animated. :p

After some light searching this is what I found:

The LN is scheduled to end by the 10th volume. The 9th volume just came out. The anime covered up to the start of the 7th.

Abusive boyfriend and Maishiro confess to each other in the 8th.

They start dating in the 9th.

I did see someone mention that one part where the anime messed up was stirring up the love triangle shit.

I would say at the very least Sakurasou is better than OreShura.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

As much as you hate Reika, I'd think you'd be the first to say that non-characters make for bad ships. The only romantic pairing she's good for is getting mind-broken by Joker.

Mad Pierrot with that real talk! Take that haters!

yami4ct

Man, guys, hooked on Monster Hunter 3 now so you probably won't be seeing much of me for a while, haha. Hopefully it'll tide me over until the new stuff starts pouring in.

In sort of anime related news, I just found out Gundam:The Origin Vol.1 has a letter by Anno printed with it. Even more excited to get my copy. Should be able to finally check it out Thursday. Sure, it won't likely be much, but that's still really cool.

Gundam Seed HD Remaster BD ep 31

Felt like nothing happened. I think I must say that Nartarle and Ramius have to be some of the best females in Gundam series so far, easily in the same tier as Noin, Une, Sumeragi, and Yurin. Its so awkward though to have such strong characters in the face of atrocious and annoying ones like Flay. I am honestly baffled at what her purpose is other than to be annoying and just do the worst things ever, shes as terrible as Relena.
At least Mirialla redeemed herself by at least going to Dearka after things wound down to hear the truth and not carry anger towards him anymore

Sengan kagura 12

The amount of blushing in this episode was high
Senran%20Kagura%2012_01.jpg

You're cute ? but i love you more as a sicko. but i don't mind really.

The amount of riped clothes and swimsuits/underwear was VERY HIGH

A tsundere was detected :

Well then it was a very high intense episode and i loved it ..it's a shame we only got daidouji in casual clothes as a eye-catch .. the first time i saw her i was like "WHAT ?" but she's fun regardless.

Now regarding the ending and the whereabouts of everyone (S2 spoilers):
They didn't found the students under the castle because they all managed to escape
Rin is still alive.
A new darkschool was started
Suzume sensei stopped teaching students , however "rin" took steps a made a new school and is teaching under the "rin" name
The 5 girls are also alive are activly participating in the new school.
Less harsh teaching methods are now used in the new school ( in case you were wondering )
The yobi technique has been banned.
Fun fact : yomi will open a gigantic garden on the school grounds to cultivate .....bean sprouts.
Both schools will start active but low relations : diadouji will go to assist "rin" for a short period of time.

You will see everyone in casual clothes more in s2 if it get made ( they were mostly in school uniform or in battle gear this season )
and that's it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
After some light searching this is what I found:

The LN is scheduled to end by the 10th volume. The 9th volume just came out. The anime covered up to the start of the 7th.

Abusive boyfriend and Maishiro confess to each other in the 8th.

They start dating in the 9th.

I did see someone mention that one part where the anime messed up was stirring up the love triangle shit.

I would say at the very least Sakurasou is better than OreShura.

Well shit. If they knew this would happen,
why not just go anime original ending and skip all the love triangle bullshit altogether and give us the ending everyone knows is coming.

They could have cut the three or four times that abusive boyfriend mentally scars Mashiro and advanced their relationship instead.
:p

Yeesh.

cajunator

Banned
SENGAN KAGURA - 11

Pretty classic episode for a pre finale.

i saw those fight with nostalgia since i'm already playing the vita gamethat has events after those ones so i already know about what happenning but it was fun to see those girls fight and their flashbacks.

Shinobi barrier.!

Lol this feel like a kayos post ...

I feel like I should watch this.
It is difficult to ignore a gothloli catgirl.

it has a lot of fanservice.
Not my kind of show really.

It does have a lot of fanservice but it's a just a show you shouldn't watch seriously.
If you watch it with the mindset of "having fun" and not stopping at all the details , it's very enjoyable because the characters make the show.

cajunator

Banned
It does have a lot of fanservice but it's a just a show you shouldn't watch seriously.
If you watch it with the mindset of "having fun" and not stopping at all the details , it's very enjoyable because the characters make the show.

I do enjoy stupid shows.
Im about to get off work for my week.
I am not scheduled to work extra for the first time in months and my phone is going to be turned the fuck OFF.
So hopefully I can enjoy marathoning stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom