• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/27: Germany Vs. England, Mexico vs. Argentina |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caoz

Guess we better start our lunch here. Nervousness gone, resignation kicked in. :D

Go Mexico, Go out with Pride !

Meus Renaissance said:
By the way, reports are that the guy who showed that offside replay is in deep doodoo. FIFA have strict rules about showing controversial decisions on the screen during a game in case of provoking the crowd. It certainly incited the players.

A goal is ALWAYS show though. They weren't to know it was controversial till it was shown

Blatter and FIFA want to get their act together tbh

that was a terrible ref decision , still WTF was that Mexico defender.
also what was up with push on the Argentina player .

edit as i type another goal that should be the game.

Mr. Sam

It's times like this that I wish Argentina - and not the Netherlands - were my adopted team. Damn it, I made my choice!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well it seems like the thread split worked a treat in solving the server issues!

Games have gone totally expected today, was so awesome seeing a complete reversal of the Wembley goal fortunes.

GhaleonQ

Judderman said:
Fuck the New York Post, that poor excuse for toilet paper.

Uh, they're pretty clearly joking.

(On the page. I'm sure the editors actually do think it's stupid, but the headline's ironic.)

Totakeke said:
FIFA sure doesn't think so.

*pulls out magnifying glass* Collusion!

Noshino

Empty said:
i love how well maradona gets on with his players.

As much as I dislike him as a coach, he does have great chemistry with the players

Vic said:
Seems that WC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> E3

Off-Topic wins.

Hell yah, I was not only seeing 500 errors, I was getting 503 errors! :lol

Meus Renaissance said:
By the way, reports are that the guy who showed that offside replay is in deep doodoo. FIFA have strict rules about showing controversial decisions on the screen during a game in case of provoking the crowd. It certainly incited the players.

Maybe so. But on the flipside, all they did was show a replay of a goal. Is that uncommon at live football matches?. Not showing the goal on the big screen would indicate there was something to hide?

Despite the rules, I quite enjoy watching officials squirm where they have made a massive fuck-up. It's deserved.

Binabik15

Fucking thing sucks. Both the ref´s call and the server.

Two botched decisions in two games, but this keeps football humane and DRAMATIC! At least according to that German asshole "expert".

Germany-Argentinia will result in a bloodbath.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Too bad Argentina - Germany have to meet in the quarters, two best teams so far. I have a feeling Germany will rip Argentina's defense with those counters of theirs, though.

Ephemeris

Argentina certainly didn't need any favors. Kinda sad that due to the ref's mistake, there's a taint on the game.

Bring on Ze Germans.

Wow Mexico really just fell to pieces after a fiery start.

Argentina just look like they're having fun out there, there's a lot of joy on the field and on the bench. They've gotta be the favorites against Germany.

Xater said:
hat would slow the game down which sucks. Just having dedicated refs for the goals would help a lot.
Well obviously refs should be allowed to use video evidence only in the most controversial cases, just like that disallowed goal by England and the goal by Tevez today.

And anyways, better a slowed-down match than this farce:/

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Profound sadness at the WC thread. I didn't even get to read the Eng / Ger reactions.

Argentina looking great, as expected. That Tevez shot was so goddamn good.

Totakeke

Kayhan said:
Lol butthurt

3-0 fool

I am butthurt to watch a potentially exciting match get ruined by one-sided calls. Yes I am as a neutral.

How'd you feel if this pops up again during GER vs ARG? That would fully negate the meaning of a good football match. What's the fucking point.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Maybe so. But on the flipside, all they did was show a replay of a goal. Is that uncommon at live football matches?. Not showing the goal on the big screen would indicate there was something to hide?

Despite the rules, I quite enjoy watching officials squirm where they have made a massive fuck-up. It's deserved.
Was england's non-goal replayed today on the big screen? I was actually wondering at the time, surely it would have sent the crowd crazy.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Hahaha, the more goals Argentina scores the less bite the call for instant reply has.

That was weird having to find this thread but whatever, I can dig it. Just waiting for Messi to score at this point. It would require an epic meltdown on Argentinas part to let this one get away from them. Poor Mexico, I thought they had a talented team. They could stand to mature a bit so I expect a good showing from them next World Cup.

Meus Renaissance said:
By the way, reports are that the guy who showed that offside replay is in deep doodoo. FIFA have strict rules about showing controversial decisions on the screen during a game in case of provoking the crowd. It certainly incited the players. In regards to Video Evidence, FIFA said in March that if they allowed it then they would need to demand it from every stadia in every league in every country to have a football association. That is financially unrealistic for some small teams. They have a point. Whilst the top leagues and second leagues could do it, its more trouble than its worth than making it a compulsory requirement of every club.

So get more refs into the game then. It won't solve all the problems, but it should help.

Agalloch

El Sloth said:
GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

And Reposted from the now dead megathread(Originally posted by Gary Whitta)

30dawwg.jpg

:lol The Post.

I bet if USA were playing some finals and win a few World Cups,
opinion would change drastically :lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gary Whitta said:
Wow Mexico really just fell to pieces after a fiery start.

Argentina just look like they're having fun out there, there's a lot of joy on the field and on the bench. They've gotta be the favorites against Germany.
That's Mexican football in everything World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom