• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade 3D |OT| Is that a Monado in your pocket or are you just really feeling it?

Well I didn't get a code to download the theme, but the theme might not come out until it releases in the rest of EU. Hopefully it gets updated.

Docpan

I need impressions of this version.

Because its low res but on a small screen does it look cleaner in person than xenoblade on hdtv? I really cant do 480p on my tv-- it looks so shitty its just not doable for me. I have Xenoblade on Wii and its just so muddy and blurry playing through Wii U. I cant. Id rather burn it.

With that said OoT 3d looks MAD crisp and sharp.

Get what I'm saying?

Overside

Banned

Because its low res but on a small screen does it look cleaner in person than xenoblade on hdtv? I really cant do 480p on my tv-- it looks so shitty its just not doable for me. I have Xenoblade on Wii and its just so muddy and blurry playing through Wii U. I cant. Id rather burn it.

Get what I'm saying?

am assuming you are talking about an OG 3ds, and not an XL?

If you feel the 120ppi of the new 3ds screen is cleaner than 480p on your tv, for say, oot 3d, then you should be OK.

Unless you live in NA, in which case you are forced to get the New3ds XL, with a ppi of 92, in which case, it might bother you.

TheMoon

Interested in this game, the huge world and exploration aspect are things i totally dig.

However i'm hesitant because i have no idea how anime cringe cheesy the story is. :/

Can you equip different armor that changes appearance? Not a huge fan of the character design tbh...

0 "cheesy anime cringe" (whatever that is, I don't really watch anime)

yes, lots and lots of different armor.

Putosaure

Get what I'm saying?

Game is crisp, for a 240p game.
You'll never get as much details as in the Wii version, and there are a lot of details in the scenery. Grass, trees and stuff suffers from being only rendered at 240p.

TheMoon

Get what I'm saying?

Nothing to worry about. Cutscenes are mostly jag-free (at least the characters are). Just got done with the opening bit. No complaints so far. The ideal compromise would be playing your Wii copy in Wii Mode on Wii U through Off-TV though since it's the native resolution of the GamePad. Best of both worlds.

Adamator

Super excited for this game. Never got around to it on Wii. My only issue is weather to make it my next game after Majora's Mask (which I am near the end of) or pick at some of my shorter backlog games first.

Is there any word on any kind of Strategy Guide for this game? I keep hoping Prima or someone makes a nice hard cover one for it.

18-Volt

I'm getting it the minute it hits NA eShop.

Btw, I'm happy that now Monster Games is done with this. Now they can work on a Excite game. I don't care for what platform, I just want EXCITE.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, I remember hearing they added a Bestiary to the 3DS Port...but I don't see it in the OT. Did I imagine that?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to playing this when I get some stuff out of the backlog and work calms down enough to get through such a long game.

Ath

A couple of hours in and I'm finding myself enthralled with Xenoblade all over again. I do love just exploring Colony 9, finding landmarks, running away from Level 70+ enemies and chatting to the townspeople.

As an added bonus, Amazon UK seem to have sourced a Shulk amiibo and are sending it to me for tomorrow. Now I just need a Xenoblade X release date in tonight's direct and it'll really be a glorious day.

Docpan

Nothing to worry about. Cutscenes are mostly jag-free (at least the characters are). Just got done with the opening bit. No complaints so far. The ideal compromise would be playing your Wii copy in Wii Mode on Wii U through Off-TV though since it's the native resolution of the GamePad. Best of both worlds.

Yeah if only I could use Gamepad as a classic controller.

Having a controller in front of my gamepad is the most silly shit ive ever tried.

Was going to complain about the title, but no less than 17 instances of Reyn Time in the OP itself have placated me.

No, I have no idea why I'm sick and tired of "I'm really feeling it" but am not sick and tired of Reyn's various memes.

TheMoon

Was going to complain about the title, but no less than 17 instances of Reyn Time in the OP itself have placated me.

No, I have no idea why I'm sick and tired of "I'm really feeling it" but am not sick and tired of Reyn's various memes.

Fuck your email tag. I was about to ... :D

But yea, just doing "Reyn Time" once in the title would not have done it justice at all. :D

Mechazawa

Because I put that together from player impressions as opposed to pulling it out of my ass.

The game came out today. No one who's waiting to hear about performance is going to make a conclusion based on pre-release impressions that you don't even bother linking to.

TheMoon

The game came out today. No one who's waiting to hear about performance is going to make a conclusion based on pre-release impressions that you don't even bother linking to.

Review thread with review impressions + first gaffer impressions is among the very very first things linked in the OP. I'm not writing a paper here^^

DooD1234

How likely is it that a LE N3DSXL get announced for NA tomorrow? As I play through the Wii version, I kind of want this on a handheld because I feel there are way too much side quest and I get sidetracked easily by exploring the world like enjoying the music in Guar Plains or enjoying the view like the Ereyth(?) Sea at the lighthouse enjoying the night sky.

Rich!

Playing now. Just about to enter tephra cave.

Apart from the resolution, this is EXACTLY the same as the Wii version, right down to the frame rate. Damn impressed.

However. Where the hell is the option to turn tutorials off?! Why was that option removed? I have played this game through five times already I don't need damn tutorials, jeeeeeez wtf

Eh, whatever.

Seik

Banned
This is so day 1 it's not even funny.

I've been holding myself to start a new game for months because of this!

ramyeon

Finally downloaded using tethering from my phone, looks like my internet at home has decided not to play nice with my 3DS all of a sudden.

Plays well so far, nice frame rate but damn the text, pop ups and menus are ugly as sin.

Corgi

Banned
So this game is pretty much that often forgotten about Tales of Abyss 3ds port.

Completely full featured with crappy slapped on 3d with similar performance (although abyss was locked at 30fps in battle compare to unlocked 60 on ps2).

Will there be a demo of this, I am not too sure on the battle mechanic. Or are there any kiosks that will have the game/demo running in the U.S. if anyone knows?

reektann

One small tip which I found to be good - the default camera is very zoomed out and makes the player model extremely pixelated. If you zoom it in about 3 notches you notice the player model is a lot better. Set it back to default and it's so zoomed out you see the low DPI screen have issues and draw a lower res looking model. I've stuck with it zoomed in 3 notches anyway.

Do NOT, out of curiosity, play 10 mins of Xenoblade 3DS then boot Dolphin and do the same. That's a bad idea (and sort of pointless).

ColEx

Can you track side quests on the map? And what are the blue little shiny things that contain random items i see everywhere? I know the game explained the second question, but I've forgotten already.

TheMoon

Can you track side quests on the map? And what are the blue little shiny things that contain random items i see everywhere? I know the game explained the second question, but I've forgotten already.

1) no, if there are active sidequest-relevant NPCs on the map close to you, they will appear with a red "!" though
2) they're items. period. pick them up, you can sell most of them and some of them are for quests. also look at your collectopedia.

ColEx

1) no, if there are active sidequest-relevant NPCs on the map close to you, they will appear with a red "!" though
2) they're items. period. pick them up, you can sell most of them and some of them are for quests. also look at your collectopedia.

Cheers m8, side quests don't seem to be to much of an effort so far, i just need to pay more attention to things.

3LSpkzwl.jpg

I'M REALLY FEELING IT!

Lets go!!! cannot wait Xenoblade is one of my favourite games of all time

I envy those who are going into this blind for the first time

So this game is pretty much that often forgotten about Tales of Abyss 3ds port.

Completely full featured with crappy slapped on 3d with similar performance (although abyss was locked at 30fps in battle compare to unlocked 60 on ps2).

Oh yeah, that game did have some of the worst 3D I've seen on a 3DS game if I remember right. The 3D effect was very weak on the normal graphics, but the text boxes stuck out a LOT which made it hard to look at with full 3D on (the only way to get any amount of depth).

I only played it for about 7 hours before realizing it just wasn't my thing though. The cliche anime characters really grated on me after a while (dude deathly afraid of being around women, little girl creepily attracted to main character, annoying+cute talking animal, etc.)

Good to hear that this game avoids that stuff, and the videos I've seen of Xenoblade make the combat system look pretty interesting too.

Zoracka

Got my copy today, but I really want to finish Majoras Mask first, otherwise it'll just be forgotten. Looking forward to play it!

Saiyan-Rox

Oh yeah, that game did have some of the worst 3D I've seen on a 3DS game if I remember right. The 3D effect was very weak on the normal graphics, but the text boxes stuck out a LOT which made it hard to look at with full 3D on (the only way to get any amount of depth).

I only played it for about 7 hours before realizing it just wasn't my thing though. The cliche anime characters really grated on me after a while (dude deathly afraid of being around women, little girl creepily attracted to main character, annoying+cute talking animal, etc.)

Good to hear that this game avoids that stuff, and the videos I've seen of Xenoblade make the combat system look pretty interesting too.

If you can stick with it though Tales of the abyss becomes really damn good. out of all the Tales of series it's my second favourite

Top Bottom