• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Europe (dual language voice)

Zwei

Mael said:
/!\ The Lead manager of the French branch of Nintendo leaked to the 101% show on French TV NoLife that there will be a special classic controller for Xenoblade.

Well, damn. I guess I shall import this special controller, as well. :)

He also pointed out that it was not at e3 because NoA didn't want to show products they won't sell.
I guess that seals it for the NA version.

:(

Shiggy

It appears to me as if the French Nintendo staff consists of real Nintendo fans. The German managers are more concerned about casual games, whereas the French press on RPGs such as Last Story or Xenoblade, planning special accessories and even an alternative cover.

Warrior_Keoni said:
Weren't there barely any Wii games shown at all? Besides Skyward Sword which everyone knows is a money maker for Nintendo, I'm fairly still certain we'll get a stealth release.
Rhythm Heaven, Fortune Street, Mario Party 9 and Kirby. There's more than enough room for Xenoblade in there, but I still don't think it's coming. I'm moving on to The Last Story.

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
It appears to me as if the French Nintendo staff consists of real Nintendo fans. The German managers are more concerned about casual games, whereas the French press on RPGs such as Last Story or Xenoblade, planning special accessories and even an alternative cover.
Yep, the French also released a special GameCube for Tales back in the day.

Warrior_Keoni said:
Weren't there barely any Wii games shown at all? Besides Skyward Sword which everyone knows is a money maker for Nintendo, I'm fairly still certain we'll get a stealth release.
I really hope you're right, even a really small print run would be fine - I'd be there day 1 anyway. Though my expectation for this happening with either Xenoblade or Last Story are pretty much nonexistant at this point. The fact that they're not bringing Xenoblade over still baffles me.

Mael

Shiggy said:

The weird thing was that the guy was at e3 when they did the interview and well...he understood the market behind the Wii/DS better than the people at NCL and NoA EVEN (as evidenced by the dismal showing at e3)!
I mean the guy was actually aware of the problem of the show (that they didn't really show a new console but the controller, the DS REAAAAAAAAAAALLY lacked games, local multiplayer being the prime factor that pushed the Wii and affordable price being a defining point for all Nintendo products).

That would explain the extraordinary way they've been doing business for the DS.

[Nintex]

Mael said:
The weird thing was that the guy was at e3 when they did the interview and well...he understood the market behind the Wii/DS better than the people at NCL and NoA EVEN (as evidenced by the dismal showing at e3)!
I mean the guy was actually aware of the problem of the show (that they didn't really show a new console but the controller, the DS REAAAAAAAAAAALLY lacked games, local multiplayer being the prime factor that pushed the Wii and affordable price being a defining point for all Nintendo products).

That would explain the extraordinary way they've been doing business for the DS.
Sounds like he's out within months, every time someone at NoE gets a brain they kick him out. Does anyone remember Jim Merrick?

michaeltraps said:
I really hope you're right, even a really small print run would be fine - I'd be there day 1 anyway. Though my expectation for this happening with either Xenoblade or Last Story are pretty much nonexistant at this point. The fact that they're not bringing Xenoblade over still baffles me.
My suspicion is it came down to one or the other, and NOA probably went for Last Story. But it's probably not going to be out until around/after E3 2012.

I mean, we can't have 2 Wii RPGs within a year, gotta make room for all those minigamefests!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Mael said:

Who was the guy? Mathieu Minel? Stéphane Bole? I could see Stéphane Bole (CEO of Nintendo France) saying that, he always sounds like he knows his stuff to me, but Mathieu Minel on the other hand... yeah. Was it someone else?

Mael

Kilrogg said:
Who was the guy? Mathieu Minel? Stéphane Bole? I could see Stéphane Bole (CEO of Nintendo France) saying that, he always sounds like he knows his stuff to me, but Mathieu Minel on the other hand... yeah. Was it someone else?

IDK, he was presented as 'Directeur Marketing Nintendo France' I'm sure I've never seen that guy though, not that my memory is photographic for company executives :p.
So....yeah, I guess I can confirm that this evening or tomorrow on the rerun of the show (there was an interview of Hiroki Kikuta with it too! He wanna do music for Zelda next :) at least that's what he wanna do, not sure he has the connection to pull that off though...And his last project was a psp rpg called somethign spirit or spirit something IDK).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Mael said:
IDK, he was presented as 'Directeur Marketing Nintendo France' I'm sure I've never seen that guy though, not that my memory is photographic for company executives :p.

So, surprisingly it must be Mathieu Minel then (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXV4pg_7f_0 for reference). Do you have a link? I don't think he says all the things you suggested in this 25 minute interview, so I'm curious.

Mael

sorry for the bump, still that was indeed Mathieu Minel.
Should be in the in a few minute at nolife in 101%.
For the people interested it's at 19h00 or there's the whole segment online :
here.
To be frank he did the best job at selling its wares this year than anyone at Nintendo

Effect

Mael said:
/!\ The Lead manager of the French branch of Nintendo leaked to the 101% show on French TV NoLife that there will be a special classic controller for Xenoblade.

He also pointed out that it was not at e3 because NoA didn't want to show products they won't sell.
I guess that seals it for the NA version.

For people who have access to that channel they can probably watch it tomorrow when the rerun will appear.

I can't make a thread about that right now since I don't have time but feel free to do so.

Well that settles it. I'm creating a GAME account now. The cost of the game if it's the same as Zelda is about the same as Wii game in the US. Shipping on the other hand seems to come to about $7. I can deal with that for the most part. Now to seriously read the brew thread. Screw you NoA.

heringer

Oxx said:
I just hope the game is good enough to warrant all this fuss.
It would be really funny (sad) if the game turns out to be a mediocre JRPG.

I have faith it will be great though. Maybe not the second coming some people might be expecting, but a great RPG nonetheless.

Effect

Aeana said:
The game is good but I have a feeling a lot of people are overhyping themselves.

This is my biggest fear. That when I finally do get to play it that it won't be worth all the fuss I went through. At least I'm not willing to actual buy European Wii. Just aren't enough games being held from NA to make that worthwhile. I honestly kicked around that idea for while though. Thankfully I killed that quickly. If it turned out bad the disappointment would be on a whole different scale.

Sadist said:
Wait, are we going to have another OT for this one?

Because of it's very late release here in Europe.

I should hope so.

And hopefully with rules to stop it getting bogged down in NA localisation and importing/homebrew discussion.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sadist said:
Wait, are we going to have another OT for this one?

Because of it's very late release here in Europe.

back in your grandfather's gaf days when games actually took a while to get localized, there'd typically be separate OPs per region.

For I have played a (big?) portion of the game already I know I'm not overhyping myself.
And if I wasn't a Tales of fanboy...I'd say it's the best JRPG I've played these past years. So, counting out the Tales series, it is.

Then again everyone has their own taste in gaming but man isn't that game just awesome!

Diffense

I'm still digesting this affront...

Xenoblade will be my first import too.
Then I'll be hanging up my Nintendo purchasing ways until Zelda:SS.

I already have 3DS and after that I have no immediate plans to support their future hardware.
All their designs for 'the hardcore' seem to focus on popular FPS and sports titles which I seldom play.
It's clear that we are only supposed to play Nintendo's established franchise titles or be shooting or driving.
[Though, in all fairness, our buying habits inform what they release and, since I emigrated to America, maybe I shouldn't consider myself typical]

In any case, I predict that Wii U will underperform massively compared to the Wii.
Nintendo has accomplished serious alienation of all the market segments they'll want back while conceding the market they built from scratch to Kinect et al.

Khrno

Vamphuntr said:
I'm a big fan of FFXII so is it better or worse?

Worse.

But just because you are asking if it's actually better than the best 3D RPG there is.

Opinion 100% biased

Lard

Banned
Diffense said:
I'm still digesting this affront...

Xenoblade will be my first import too.
Then I'll be hanging up my Nintendo purchasing ways until Zelda:SS.

I just don't think I'll be supporting first party Nintendo games at all. I'm tired of the third parties getting the short shrift. At least we're getting Rhythm Heaven.

AceBandage said:
I just don't understand the decision here...
It's already going to be full translated and voiced.
They don't even really have to market it.
Just print like 100K copies and ship it out.
NO it won't SELL so forget about, meanwhile help your self for the latest installment of the critically acclaimed Mystery Case File, ohh this is a Million Seller game I can see the lines already started!

Xenoblade CC Pro?...my mother says I buy too many controllers and I already have one limited edition CC Pro...I'll guess I'll wait for pics
Knowing my luck its going to be really nice like that dark blue Monster Hunter regular CC

If its nice, it better not stay in France as Amazon.fr was nearly €10 shipping last I checked...
[Nintex] said:
Yep, the French also released a special GameCube for Tales back in the day.
Its a shame they didn't bundle the matching Game Boy Player like the Japanese version.
I'm a sucker for colours and having matching...that said my GB Player is Black but my Gamecube purple

Sadist said:
Hehe

Dibs on the thread I suppose :p
I'll say whoever gets the OT to put some sort of "How to order import" and "How to play import" guide/links so that the question is not asked every 3 pages.

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Mystery Case File
I honestly don't get the Mystery Case File decision. Is it really that different to Another Code R or Last Window? Yet those two are deemed unacceptable risks...

Pyrokai

Now let's talk about WHY they're NOT releasing it here!

I can't think of a good reason! A small print would break them even, most likely. They don't even have to do any translating! LOL! Nothing makes sense! Just throw us a fucking bone, for god's sake. I hate you, Nintendo :(

Sadist

Starwolf_UK said:
I'll say whoever gets the OT to put some sort of "How to order import" and "How to play import" guide/links so that the question is not asked every 3 pages.
Will do. But I'll need the links for it :p

And about the thread title:

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| NoE loves you, NoA doesn't

Or

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| NoE is superior Nintendo

Boerseun

Banned
It looks like Wii may have a great final year after all!

• Dragon Quest 10
  • Fortune Street
  • Go Vacation!
  • Kirby
  • Last Story, The
  • Legend of Zelda, The: Skyward Sword
  • Mario Party 9
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
All games I'm looking forward to playing.

wrowa

It would be nice if the OT could be without NoA references. That NoA refuses to publish the game sucks bigtime, but it would be nice if the people who want to play and talk about Xenoblade could do that without being buried by "NoA sucks" posts...

Cygnus X-1

RurouniZel said:
I nominate the name:

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| of flipping NoA the bird

I approve that.

It would anyway be nice to have Dragon Quest X scheduled for 2012 even for Europe. Maybe just some months after it comes out in Japan...

Top Bottom